Toast Welcome To The Suns, Oleg Markov

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Pretty happy with this pick up. Addresses a distinct need for a lack of speed we seem to have and comes in as a direct replacement for Hanley.

Can't wait to see him running the wide expanses of Metricon.
Great trade, didn't overpay and fills a huge hole in our backline. We have alot of speed on the outside now, just need an inside mid with breakaway pace and all of a sudden we won't look treacle slow like we have this year

Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Subiaco Lions

Spoke so well about his reasons for coming here and is beaming with excitement. One of my new favourites already this bloke.

Stroppy

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dubs
Think he could be a very handy pick up.
Kept out of the Tigers by some very good players.
Has the elite athleticism as a base, especially that speed. We need some of that in our defense.
At an age where he should be at his best in the next few years.

As he said, there is a spot there if he is good enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Congratulations Guys

Markov is a great guy and much loved member of our club the last 5 years and was extremely unlucky with Short & Houli at the club at the same time

Hope he has a great career at the suns and proves he was well worth the trade
[/QUOTE
Got great traits.
Can’t deny that he struggled to get his hands in the ball a lot.
In the past 4 years has played 15 games with only 1 game with >15 possessions and 5 with <10 possessions

seems to get 8-13 touches a lot. Not great for a line breaking, rebounding half back.

baker plays a bit of a different role but he arrived at the club after markov and went past him in the pecking order.

think he’ll bring some good aspects to our team but not anticipating a Jayden short level player.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Love seeing him do well and also the Suns getting him.
Hope he becomes a 200 game player for the suns

Out: Tom Lynch
In : Izak Rankine , Brandon Ellis - Oleg Markov

You guys must be loving dealing with the Tigers ;)

Mabior Chol nice Queensland boy might want to come home
1619621708015.png

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Love seeing him do well and also the Suns getting him.
Hope he becomes a 200 game player for the suns

Out: Tom Lynch
In : Izak Rankine , Brandon Ellis - Oleg Markov

You guys must be loving dealing with the Tigers ;)

Mabior Chol nice Queensland boy might want to come home
View attachment 1113864
Dealing with the Tigers?
  • You stole our captain via free agency and gave nothing back in return. The AFL then awarded us a first round compensation pick that we used to draft Izak Rankine. Not a deal.
  • We also used free agency to secure Brandon Ellis and gave nothing back in return. The AFL then awarded your team a second round compensation pick that the Tigers used to draft Will Martyn. Not a deal.
  • We traded our 2021 third round pick for Markov which was arguably all he was worth at the time. A fair deal.
So yeah. I wouldn't say I'm "loving dealing with the Tigers". Tom Lynch's departure is still a sore point for a lot of Gold Coast supporters.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Dealing with the Tigers?
  • You stole our captain via free agency and gave nothing back in return. The AFL then awarded us a first round compensation pick that we used to draft Izak Rankine. Not a deal.
  • We also used free agency to secure Brandon Ellis and gave nothing back in return. The AFL then awarded your team a second round compensation pick that the Tigers used to draft Will Martyn. Not a deal.
  • We traded our 2021 third round pick for Markov which was arguably all he was worth at the time. A fair deal.
So yeah. I wouldn't say I'm "loving dealing with the Tigers". Tom Lynch's departure is still a sore point for a lot of Gold Coast supporters.
Stop complaining by your post the Suns are 1-0 ahead

Would you swap Rankine for Lynch now ? How about Markov for #48 ?

So looks like a 3-0 win

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Stop complaining by your post the Suns are 1-0 ahead

Would you swap Rankine for Lynch now ? How about Markov for #48 ?

So looks like a 3-0 win
You're making it out like Lynch and Markov are worth the same...

Lynch is quite clearly a better player and worth more than Ellis/Markov. Would I take Lynch over Ellis and Markov to 'lose' this deal 2-1 as you would put it? Absolutely.

Did I want Lynch to stay in 2018 despite knowing we were likely to be given first round compensation that would net us Lukosius or Rankine? Yes.

Don't come in here pretending like your club has somehow done us a favour by stealing our captain, not matching an overs free agency contract of $3 million for Brandon Ellis and trading a fringe player to us for a third rounder.

Richmond have arguably hurt us more than any other club in the AFL by poaching foundation players Prestia and Lynch.

Lynch is quite clearly a better player and worth more than Ellis/Markov. Would I take Lynch over Ellis and Markov to 'lose' this deal 2-1 as you would put it? Absolutely.

Did I want Lynch to stay in 2018 despite knowing we were likely to be given first round compensation that would net us Lukosius or Rankine? Yes.

Don't come in here pretending like your club has somehow done us a favour by stealing our captain, not matching an overs free agency contract of $3 million for Brandon Ellis and trading a fringe player to us for a third rounder.

Richmond have arguably hurt us more than any other club in the AFL by poaching foundation players Prestia and Lynch.

Ignore the gun he is a troll and flog of the highest order. Instead of revelling in his clubs win tonight he feels the need to invade our board to bait us.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers

Not at all what i am saying is that by richmond taking Lynch enabled the suns to get Rankine and in all honest i would trade Lynch for Rankine today

Did I want Lynch to stay in 2018 despite knowing we were likely to be given first round compensation that would net us Lukosius or Rankine? Yes
How do you feel now ? Would you trade either for Lynch ?

Don't come in here pretending like your club has somehow done us a favour by stealing our captain, not matching an overs free agency contract of $3 million for Brandon Ellis and trading a fringe player to us for a third rounder
Thats just soft mate your better than that and 'tough guy on my board stuff is for kids , Lets just debate the topic like i am attempting to explain my comments and why i made them.

Ellis would have got a offer from another club and possibly been matched as the compo was rubbish and he was best 22 player at our club

Totally agree about pinching Prestia but lets have a look at him since he arrived , He was injured when he arrived after spending the last 2 years at the suns with knee injuries and in 5 years played 72 games and 14 being finals which he would not have played had he stayed at the suns. so he would have played 58 games. Suns made tigers pay a top pick #6 for him and in comparison of a similar trade Weller has played 61 games in just on 3 years

But Prestia was always coming back to melbourne so Suns probably got more from Richmond for that trade than if it was another club.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Ignore the gun he is a troll and flog of the highest order. Instead of revelling in his clubs win tonight he feels the need to invade our board to bait us.
Show me where i have ever trolled the suns and i will request a board ban from your mods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back