Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn - Emerson Jeka - delisted 2023

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Got a bit of swagger about him.

Love the way he takes the ball above his head and in front of his face at pace. That’s a really pleasing sight.
Says he loves Buddy in his interviews. Always thought he has that confidence you like to see in a forward from his interviews. Forwards kind of have to be rock stars a bit. As long as that confidence equals good decisions and goals I’m happy

Dewwwww

All Australian
Sep 10, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I have no doubts that Emerson will make it after watching that clip. His father says ‘the hard work starts now’. Obviously has some very wise influences behind him in his parents. Looks mature beyond his years.

I really hope the Hawthorn big footy board doesn’t explode tonight if we lose. Win / loss doesn’t really matter at this stage of our development. Hopefully the fans will look beyond this and look at the small wins like when Emerson crashes a pack tonight and brings the ball to ground for a Breust or Moore to crumb the ball and kick a goal.

To go from the final game of 2020 where our key position stocks looked average to rd 7 2021 where it looks like we have found 2 key forward gems (along with a gun CHB in DGB) I don’t think our list is as many years away from contending again as most believe!

Jul 16, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I have no doubts that Emerson will make it after watching that clip. His father says ‘the hard work starts now’. Obviously has some very wise influences behind him in his parents. Looks mature beyond his years.

I really hope the Hawthorn big footy board doesn’t explode tonight if we lose. Win / loss doesn’t really matter at this stage of our development. Hopefully the fans will look beyond this and look at the small wins like when Emerson crashes a pack tonight and brings the ball to ground for a Breust or Moore to crumb the ball and kick a goal.

To go from the final game of 2020 where our key position stocks looked average to rd 7 2021 where it looks like we have found 2 key forward gems (along with a gun CHB in DGB) I don’t think our list is as many years away from contending again as most believe!
He spoke very well on Hawks media, definitely level head

Winged Fang

Debutant
Jul 24, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Looks like he can kick well on both sides. Love it!
Yeah, this! I try to rein myself in but it’s hard not to get excited about a 197cm bloke that
1. Jumps at the ball with arms out in front and grabs it.
2. Does not look ungainly at all; and
3. Kicks the pill well on both sides.

And is only 19. Far out. Rookie draft? Why? How? Have heard some updates about him over preseason here on BF but seeing his highlight reel hypes him even more. All the best fella!

theiaofseed

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah, this! I try to rein myself in but it’s hard not to get excited about a 197cm bloke that
1. Jumps at the ball with arms out in front and grabs it.
2. Does not look ungainly at all; and
3. Kicks the pill well on both sides.

And is only 19. Far out. Rookie draft? Why? How? Have heard some updates about him over preseason here on BF but seeing his highlight reel hypes him even more. All the best fella!
Was rated as a potential top ten pick in his underage year, selected in the Under 18 Australian Academy Team at the start of the year, started the season poorly then he missed the majority of his under age year with injury and fell off the radar.

He has presence. He will draw defenders to him with the way he takes off at the ball. Like Kosi.

It's exciting to think what these two could be doing after they've played 10+ games together.

Back