List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our list could benefit from a fringe key forward being brought in. As long as they cost **** all and it doesn’t change our decisions come draft time I’d be for it.

If people think that we’d do better than Schache or Weideman as low cost options they’re delusional. I don’t believe any state leaguers are better footballers either. It’d be good just to have another semi-experienced tall forward on the list. If Treacy or a draftee goes past them then well done to them.
Count me delusional.

Weideman is ok and will get another shot elsewhere in Vic if he doesn’t find himself breaking into the Demons team.

As for Schache absolute spud. Will be dropped back to VFL and as mentioned if he wasn’t no. 2 pick would be playing Vic Amateurs.

No point trading in someone just because they are 194cm plus. I’m not necessarily advocating second tier KPF but we can do a lot better than Schache.

50/50 on this. His development at Carlton has been shocking, and he needs a fresh start.
That’s because he himself is shocking. He gets a fresh start why? Most of the time he gets caught out defensively. His attitude on the field is poor. We’re not going to go down that route of offering fresh starts. We have better players around.

Our list could benefit from a fringe key forward being brought in. As long as they cost **** all and it doesn’t change our decisions come draft time I’d be for it.

If people think that we’d do better than Schache or Weideman as low cost options they’re delusional. I don’t believe any state leaguers are better footballers either. It’d be good just to have another semi-experienced tall forward on the list. If Treacy or a draftee goes past them then well done to them.
Schache definitely. However bulldogs probably would ask for Cerra in return. Forwards don’t need smarts these days.
Be tall, Mark the ball, kick goals. That’s it. Oscar Allen has demonstrated that perfectly this season. Be nice if Lobb does too.

Weideman would be a great get.

Showing your age.... as John Hughes would say with a bent digit - ‘Absolutely’
....Although only 1 game

I would’ve been 9 years old when Darren Bolton played his 2 games for Freo in 1999.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schache definitely. However bulldogs probably would ask for Cerra in return. Forwards don’t need smarts these days.
Be tall, Mark the ball, kick goals. That’s it. Oscar Allen has demonstrated that perfectly this season. Be nice if Lobb does too.

Weideman would be a great get.
Jesus Christ. Schache for Cerra? If there’s even a chance that happens fold the club and be done with it. Schache was just about the worst player on the ground last night. Even Beveridge (politely) admitted he was s**t in the presser afterwards. I don’t think he’ll ever play again for the Dogs unless there’s a serious injury crisis.
I can’t understand how anyone could watch that game and say “I want that guy on our list”
Josh Treacy is already 10 times more effective than Schache after 3 games of his career.

Jesus Christ. Schache for Cerra? If there’s even a chance that happens fold the club and be done with it. Schache was just about the worst player on the ground last night. Even Beveridge (politely) admitted he was sh*t in the presser afterwards. I don’t think he’ll ever play again for the Dogs unless there’s a serious injury crisis.
I can’t understand how anyone could watch that game and say “I want that guy on our list”
Josh Treacy is already 10 times more effective than Schache after 3 games of his career.
Schache vs Treacy is the prime example how to draft.

Forget the heights and skills, first question should be, are they competitive ?

Jack Watts vs Nick Nat.

Treacy is a competitive beast and Schache is a loopy leaf.

Last edited:

Look at the comments on page 3 of this thread and they sum up pretty well why this guy will never make it.

How good was Bolton last night! I would love to have him in purple but our forwardline is fooked so that needs more attention atm.

Be tall, Mark the ball, kick goals. That’s it.
Assessing this criteria.

Schache is good at being tall...

That is it.One out of three ain’t bad - give them our first pick.

Worth the Bulldogs giving him a crack in the backline because AFL level he is no where near it as a forward. Sure kicked a few goals in VFL. Anyone remember Ryan Murphy and Brendan Fewster.

Look at the comments on page 3 of this thread and they sum up pretty well why this guy will never make it.

He’s a clean cut Dardy.

Thinking Schache is verging on salary dump territory tbh. He’s contracted for next year as well... There’s no way we’d be trading any more than a third rounder for him.

Weideman probably would hinder our draft position more than we’d want. He’s a pretty decent player just at the wrong club imo.

I find it interesting some people want to recruit Hugh Dixon back. CBF checking whether it’s the same posters that are saying Schache and Weideman are spuds but boy those people would be delusional if they were.

I think we need another tall on list that isn’t an 18 year old draftee tbh. I would not willing to trade a first or second rounder. I’m realistic though - if we recruit said player they’re going to be kind of sh*te but they’ll most likely offer more than Treacy or an 18 year draftee would in the next two-three seasons. If Treacy or an 18 year draftee develop freakishly quickly then so be it - that’s good for the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thinking Schache is verging on salary dump territory tbh. He’s contracted for next year as well... There’s no way we’d be trading any more than a third rounder for him.

Weideman probably would hinder our draft position more than we’d want. He’s a pretty decent player just at the wrong club imo.

I find it interesting some people want to recruit Hugh Dixon back. CBF checking whether it’s the same posters that are saying Schache and Weideman are spuds but boy those people would be delusional if they were.

I think we need another tall on list that isn’t an 18 year old draftee tbh. I would not willing to trade a first or second rounder. I’m realistic though - if we recruit said player they’re going to be kind of sh*te but they’ll most likely offer more than Treacy or an 18 year draftee would in the next two-three seasons. If Treacy or an 18 year draftee develop freakishly quickly then so be it - that’s good for the club.
Dixon will have to be kicking 3-4 goals a game to even be considered. Has the work ethic of a pea heart. Talent is there but gee that and Tabs’ work rate and he could be something.
More inclined to give Strnadica another chance then him.

Hearing Hogan is rooming with Mumford, I wonder if we do enough of this to get the best out of all players.

Hes from WA though. What are we going to do? Move him out of his mums house to move in with a Freo player?

In all seriousness I think he was living with Lachie Schultz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back