Mega Thread The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 19 & 20.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
My point was more that you get away with manslaughter under the rim but any touch is a foul at the 3pt line. It is not to have a crack at Curry - it could be Harden or any Celtic or anyone.

It is ridiculous

As above. Curry is one of the most "missed-fouled" players in the game.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
On another topic, I thought Edwards was going to be a bust. He won the Wolves the game last night at the start of the 4th.

Been better than expected. Not sure he will be a star, but has potential to be a 3rd or 4th option on a Championship team. Actually would be a great 6th man on a really good team.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
refereeing and umpires in the AFL seem to have gotten worse?

We say that every year. Maybe we're even speaking it into existence.

The bigger problem is that they're not allowed to review 'non-calls' in the last two minutes of games, which is just...

So they can review that Zion 'foul' on Westbrook's jump shot, and justify it because there's no evidence that contradicts that Zion's fingernail scratched Westbrook's wrist band - which is a problem in and of itself, but another story for another day.

However they cannot review Jokic's game winning 'block' because no call was made by the refs - even though by ruling it a clean 'block' the refs ARE making an implied call anyway. The fact that very few side swipe blocks are ever clean should have given them pause to consider calling a foul, but whatever, I can understand them missing it in real time.

But not being able to review a non-call 'call' is just ridiculous. Why even bother reviewing anything in the last two minutes then?

I'm sure it'll affect the outcome of a playoff game one day, and then they'll suddenly review their review of reviews. A bit like VAR or almost anything the AFL puts into practice though, it's all reactionary and not very well thought through.

We say that every year. Maybe we're even speaking it into existence.

The bigger problem is that they're not allowed to review 'non-calls' in the last two minutes of games, which is just...

So they can review that Zion 'foul' on Westbrook's jump shot, and justify it because there's no evidence that contradicts that Zion's fingernail scratched Westbrook's wrist band - which is a problem in and of itself, but another story for another day.

However they cannot review Jokic's game winning 'block' because no call was made by the refs - even though by ruling it a clean 'block' the refs ARE making an implied call anyway. The fact that very few side swipe blocks are ever clean should have given them pause to consider calling a foul, but whatever, I can understand them missing it in real time.

But not being able to review a non-call 'call' is just ridiculous. Why even bother reviewing anything in the last two minutes then?

I'm sure it'll affect the outcome of a playoff game one day, and then they'll suddenly review their review of reviews. A bit like VAR or almost anything the AFL puts into practice though, it's all reactionary and not very well thought through.
We might need defenders to “STAND” when their opponent makes a catch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
We might need defenders to “STAND” when their opponent makes a catch

Sounds like the basis of the next Nike commercial.

Next time your coach tells you to move your feet on defence, you tell him "No, I prefer to stand ground."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back