Game Day Sydney Swans vs Geelong Cats Sat 1st May 7:25pm SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm happy with the ins. Good to see McCartin and Hickey back. Stephens needs a chance to prove his worth. COR will be hungry and will give us some real dash. Hope the fans are loud, especially if we get behind. Promise me you'll cheer on the team regardless. Too often the cheers go quiet when our team needs them most.

Hope you're coming along OK Ticky009

Last person I heard of who broke both ankles was Jordan/Katie Price the UK 'glamour model'/bimbo.
So I'm sure people will delight in comparing you with her and that will no doubt cheer you up immensely.

Take it easy (as if you're likely to be doing anything else) and genuine best wishes. :)
KP's son and my youngest son were at school together. She would turn up in a pink Range Rover. She raised a few eyebrows at a posh private school in the Sussex countryside. I sometimes chatted with her ex, Peter Andre, while watching our boys play football (soccer).

I'm not sure a comparison with KP is a compliment, but best of luck anyway Ticky. Break a leg.

Hope our Swans boys get a win for you.

Hope the crowd put some pressure on Grohan. He does not like pressure. Expect COR will pick him up.

Oh well I am guessing Melican will play on Dawkins. We can but hope for the best. McCartin (with help from Dawson) picks up Cameron.

I fear our mids face a real battle. Surely the onus is on them to find some runners and not bomb it forward. Hopefully Rowy, Warner and Stephens get some time in at centre clearances. Am guessing JPK and Selwood will be happy to play on each other again. Duncan is vital for their mob and should be the one mid tagged.

For me the wing battles between their ageing stars and our two lads will be a real highlight.

Unless our entries forward are more efficient, their defence will have a field day, given Sinkers is a statue and McLean is inexperienced. Hopefully both are instructed to keep out of each others way. Our small and medium forwards need to be at their best.

Given our crew are pretty banged up, I am tipping a win by 7 points and a few hundred metres of bandages.
Horse needs to show the tape of last week and tell them "Don't do any of that"

Only thing IMO is stupid is leaving Sinclair in ( not bagging ) just on balance
I agree.
It will cost us tonight. I have no doubt. It's basically Reid for Sinclair from our team of the first 3 rounds.
Sinkers cannot take a clean mark & cannot hit it to advantage. Cannot run back & forth for a quarter when he's dropped the mark & it hits the deck, let alone the whole match.
Horse hass named a team as though it has Carey, McKernan & himself strutting the forward line. Those three clunked marks with one grab & it never hit the deck.
Sinclair, McLean & what would have to be a 70% fit Hickey. The least mobile team I have seen us play in years.

Sides with leg speed carve us up.

Geelong aren’t a leg speed side - hence our good track-record against them in recent years.

There’s hope for this one. But I’d still have liked to see McD instead of McL.

I agree.
It will cost us tonight. I have no doubt. It's basically Reid for Sinclair from our team of the first 3 rounds.
Sinkers cannot take a clean mark & cannot hit it to advantage. Cannot run back & forth for a quarter when he's dropped the mark & it hits the deck, let alone the whole match.
Horse hass named a team as though it has Carey, McKernan & himself strutting the forward line. Those three clunked marks with one grab & it never hit the deck.
Sinclair, McLean & what would have to be a 70% fit Hickey. The least mobile team I have seen us play in years.
Best available. They can all compete and bring the ball to ground, bringing our smalls into play.

Can he though ? He's doesn't have the height of Sinkers or the experience or Reid.
With Sinkers & Reid last week we had 59 to 19 hitouts & lost the clearances & the game by plenty.
The week before after getting 15 points in front, Reid's ruckwork gifted an out of form Kelly the opportunity for a clear snap at goal for the win.
Hickey is the ruckman. I would rather Paddy McCartin forward than Sinkers. Yeah I know he can't play for us but just saying.

The two things I have been consistently critical of over the last 3 years?
Buddy's last 3 years of the contract disabling our list & Sinkers as our main ruckman. He is the worst tap to advantage in the league when the number one ruckman. He hasn't impacted the scoreboard for 4 years as a forward either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Sinkers & Reid last week we had 59 to 19 hitouts & lost the clearances & the game by plenty.
The week before after getting 15 points in front, Reid's ruckwork gifted an out of form Kelly the opportunity for a clear snap at goal for the win.
Hickey is the ruckman. I would rather Paddy McCartin forward than Sinkers. Yeah I know he can't play for us but just saying.

Buddy's last 3 years of the contract disabling our list & Sinkers as our main ruckman. He is the worst tap to advantage in the league when the number one ruckman. He hasn't impacted the scoreboard for 4 years as a forward either.
Sinkers won't be our number 1 ruckman. Reid isn't playing and Paddy ? Really Ted ? You do realise you're whingeing about Horse not selecting a player who isn't even on our list, or don't you ? You used to be a solid contributer but lately you just whine.

Be interesting to see you consistently criticise Buddy for getting us to two Grand Finals as well. Can not have it both ways.

Sinkers won't be our number 1 ruckman. Reid isn't playing and Paddy ? Really Ted ? You do realise you're whingeing about Horse not selecting a player who isn't even on our list, or don't you ? You used to be a solid contributer but lately you just whine.
I actually said this.
" I would rather Paddy McCartin forward than Sinkers. Yeah I know he can't play for us but just saying."

You used to have better comprehension of posts but lately you're a bit off Bungee.

with Buddy, Reid and Logan out.. and Hickey needing more than usual help in the ruck... the option were
- Mclean, Sinkers, Amartey, Dawson, Blakey.
Blakey and Amartey would have been in the discussion as more mobile tall forwards. Blakey prob 90% fit and will be better for the game or two in the 2nds. Amartey would have been close
Dawson might be seen as settled at half back for the next 5 years
McLean and Sinkers.. both had to play. If only one plays then there would be large periods of the game where there's No Tall forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back