Player Watch Fischer McAsey - Steps Away from Football, Not Returning

Do you think Fischer McAsey will be at the AFC in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
He's yet to show he's even adequate at the game of football
Haven't seen his SANFL form this year I take it ?? He's doing pretty well TBH, and since we drafted him with a high pick we may as well invest some time into him.

If we see talent in him then he's worth keeping

Haven't seen his SANFL form this year I take it ?? He's doing pretty well TBH, and since we drafted him with a high pick we may as well invest some time into him.

If we see talent in him then he's worth keeping

SANFL form does not, has never, and will never matter.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
The ones where I'm correct? SANFL form doesnt matter.

Thilthorpe couldn't get a game on SANFL form when that supposedly mattered. How did was it relevant to his AFL capacity?
Correct ?? Ok yep.

Thilthorpe had shown enough in his SANFL games to warrant selection, and we all knew he'd be a better player at AFL level.

McAsey is playing well as the #1 KPD in a poor SANFL side. He's absolutely worth a contract extension.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
It wasn't an extension, his contract ended this year so he re-signed. You are not going to not re-sign your pick 6 after only 2 years in the AFL system and last year's entire development was severely impacted by COVID-19.
Umm.... It's an extension

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
No, extension is when you are still have a contract the following years and the club extend your contract beyond that period, he re-signed.
He signed this before his contract ran out...... Wow.

Correct ?? Ok yep.

Thilthorpe had shown enough in his SANFL games to warrant selection, and we all knew he'd be a better player at AFL level.

McAsey is playing well as the #1 KPD in a poor SANFL side. He's absolutely worth a contract extension.

If the best argument in favour of extension is to substantially overstate form in a second tier competition that does not meaningfully project AFL capacity so be it, let's just not pretend its a good argument.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Sholl, Hamill and McHenry got extensions before they'd even played an AFL game. Wonder if they'd earned it

thebirdman 24

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sounds like Fish still isn't training much and his fitness is still a work in progress.

Last year when he played he was always trailing his opponent or pushed off it easily. I'd be keen to see him once he has built this up more and got some more power in his body.

I don't watch SANFL but it's good to see him getting some conistency.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back