Review Round 7 vs Collingwood @ MCG (01.05.21 - 1:45pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

The more this week has rolled on, the less confident I have gotten, really feels like a Collingwood 'backs against the wall' performance coming up.
Doesn't help its the pies worst start to a season in 16 years. But I'm definitely not confident. This could go either way.

The more this week has rolled on, the less confident I have gotten, really feels like a Collingwood 'backs against the wall' performance coming up.

I am not confident that we will play well, but I am confident that if we play well we will give it a real shake.

After the Pies horrendous trades period, presidential debacle and terrible start to the season, they may just self-implode if they lose this game. It’s kind of exciting to see how this all plays out 😅

After the Pies horrendous trades period, presidential debacle and terrible start to the season, they may just self-implode if they lose this game. It’s kind of exciting to see how this all plays out 😅

tbh, a lot of fans want to lose this game to put more pressure on the coach, to get him out lol I'm in two minds haha.

We've been backed in a fair way with the bookies
I was on GC 1-39 paying $3.70 at the start of the week, that is now $2.88

Can't remember the head-head starting price but we're now $2.50

I'm not sure if this has been pointed out yet but Channel 7's main station will be showing this one live in all parts of Queensland, instead of the usual 7mate spot we get. Such a fantastic opportunity for us to put on a show for our fans (and hopefully future fans) all over Queensland. You never know, the next Jack Bowes from North Queensland might accidentally stumble across the game on Channel 7 today and fall in love with our sport/club.

We must take advantage of this kind of exposure up here and down south. It only comes around once or twice a year when you're not a finals team.

Was just down at Pacific Fair and every man woman and child were glum.
Gloom everywhere.
The beautiful city needs a lift today.
By the way the vast majority of people hitting like for you then are not Gold Coasters.
Come on, mate. You don't have to care about the Titans to be a Gold Coaster. Just like you don't have to care about the Suns to be a Gold Coaster. You can choose to like all, some or none and still be a Gold Coaster.

Do you ever make the same suggestions to Titans/rugby league fans about them not being true Gold Coasters unless they support the Suns? If so, I'd be very curious to find out how they react to that suggestion. My guess would be you don't make that suggestion to Titans/rugby league fans because deep down you know how negatively most of them would react. I grew up on the Gold Coast and I know how much hatred there is towards anything AFL related amongst most rugby league fans.

The truth of the matter is that most Gold Coast sports fans are very divided in terms of either liking Aussie rules or rugby league. One of the biggest reasons the AFL awarded us a league licence was because they identified our city as a 60/40 split in rugby league's favour back in 2008.

Back on topic. Fox Footy are really pumping up this game on the Saturday Countdown coverage. Pendlebury just tried to play it down but conceded that the external pressure is quite high at the moment. If their captain is acknowledging the pressure then you better believe their younger/inexperienced players are feeling it!

Dermott Brereton - "Do you see how difficult it would be to play as a forward in your team right now with the way you guys bring the ball forward?"

Scott Pendlebury - "Yeah, absolutely. I don't want to play forward for our side at the moment."

That's a pretty damning statement from their captain...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was just down at Pacific Fair and every man woman and child were glum.
Gloom everywhere.
The beautiful city needs a lift today.
By the way the vast majority of people hitting like for you then are not Gold Coasters.
must be a parody account

Since the 3rd quarter vs the Dogs you guys have looked great .... pies are dangerous but you should get up by just running them off their feet

love death-riding the pies as we have their 1st round pick

make it happen, GCS!

Come on, mate. You don't have to care about the Titans to be a Gold Coaster. Just like you don't have to care about the Suns to be a Gold Coaster. You can choose to like all, some or none and still be a Gold Coaster.

Do you ever make the same suggestions to Titans/rugby league fans about them not being true Gold Coasters unless they support the Suns? If so, I'd be very curious to find out how they react to that suggestion. My guess would be you don't make that suggestion to Titans/rugby league fans because deep down you know how negatively most of them would react. I grew up on the Gold Coast and I know how much hatred there is towards anything AFL related amongst most rugby league fans.

The truth of the matter is that most Gold Coast sports fans are very divided in terms of either liking Aussie rules or rugby league. One of the biggest reasons the AFL awarded us a league licence was because they identified our city as a 60/40 split in rugby league's favour back in 2008.

Back on topic. Fox Footy are really pumping up this game on the Saturday Countdown coverage. Pendlebury just tried to play it down but conceded that the external pressure is quite high at the moment. If their captain is acknowledging the pressure then you better believe their younger/inexperienced players are feeling it!

Do you have to be so personal and obnoxious so consistently towards me??
It’s not how I treat you and other board members.
I’m very consistent in how I go about it is the answer because I have a goal to see the GC be one big dominant sporting city before I’m 6 foot under.
And I’m making progress with the Titans fans too. There is some good sentiment over there.

Anyway that’s me until late tonight. Any retort towards me I won’t see Until very late.

180686962_10158135392691417_5035235119635827394_n.jpg

50200000_380276936118515_5705154910685757440_n.gif

I’m very consistent in how I go about it is the answer because I have a goal to see the GC be one big dominant sporting city before I’m 6 foot under.
And I’m making progress with the Titans fans too. There is some good sentiment over there.

Anyway that’s me until late tonight. Any retort towards me I won’t see Until very late.
We all admire your GC sporting love Bods but this sort of 5th column appeasement activity won't be tolerated by VLandys
Look for your picture to be posted at the entrance of every NRL ground as banned for life
PVL won't be cheering us on today

Remove this Banner Ad

Back