Training 2021 Training Discussion

Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Some great pics... Hopefully a few put their hands up in the WAFL game this weekend (**cough** Western **cough**)

I’ve never seen anyone grow a mullet as quickly as Tobe Watson. Pic 38 he has clearly short hair but by the time pic 39 comes around he’s thrown a party at the back. Incredible!

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Did Colyer get caught up in the Essendon drugs saga and end up missing a year of footy?

Did Colyer get caught up in the Essendon drugs saga and end up missing a year of footy?

Yes, IIRC. I remember some Essendon supporters on their board saying when we picked him up that the year away hurt him badly as he was consistently one of their best before the saga.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Yes, IIRC. I remember some Essendon supporters on their board saying when we picked him up that the year away hurt him badly as he was consistently one of their best before the saga.
Not sure he was ever in their bests consistently but when I heard we were getting Colyer I thought he would be likely be 'handy' at least.

Oct 18, 2013
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Perfect time for Coyler to hit career-best form, given our run of injuries.

I really like his honesty about his performance. I wanted him to work on his kicking, and bugger me if he hasn't done precisely that!

Hat's off to the guy, he's become a real weapon, and earned a lot of respect. Always love it when our club helps to bring out the best in a player. 🙂🙂

wakojako

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Perfect time for Coyler to hit career-best form, given our run of injuries.

I really like his honesty about his performance. I wanted him to work on his kicking, and bugger me if he hasn't done precisely that!

Hat's off to the guy, he's become a real weapon, and earned a lot of respect. Always love it when our club helps to bring out the best in a player. 🙂🙂
He looks like a real down to earth bloke as well. That's why all the boys get around him when he scores :)

Tbonefreo

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2013
Wagga
AFL Club
Fremantle
He looks like a real down to earth bloke as well. That's why all the boys get around him when he scores :)
Yeah I read he gets around the young fellas and makes them feel at home. You need blokes like that around.

After the Melbourne debacle I was off him completely, but he really turned it around. Has a bit of a cult favourite About him at the moment

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Carr: "Now the tennis ball represents your opponent at the stoppage. Keep an eye on them."

E1ESzAGVgAAx8sZ

arsesmart

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'd like to ask Nat to teach me how to kick a set shot. Just spending a few afternoons/evenings getting goal kicking lessons from Fyfe - subtly having him work through his own routine while explaining to me why my ball drop is too high etc.
I've heard champion players often have the most difficulty teaching what they do as they do it so innately.

But certainly breaking it down to the finer detail as much as possible is the best approach to change it up.

Need something specific to practice repeatedly and frequently though so it can click-in in the heat of the moment.

Dockernut

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sharks. Anyone playing West Coast.
I'd like to ask Nat to teach me how to kick a set shot. Just spending a few afternoons/evenings getting goal kicking lessons from Fyfe - subtly having him work through his own routine while explaining to me why my ball drop is too high etc.

Pfffft. Stop objectifying him. He’s not a piece of meat!

Back