List Mgmt. 2021 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep, I’ve come to love the trade and draft period - BF provides absolutely hours of entertainment! As you say, this board does indeed lose its mind and there are countless incredible comments made around that time. ;)

Mark my words, Nick Daicos is going to be in Collingwood's Macedonian team of the century!

I wouldn't be against it but I also wouldn't want to spend a lot of money on him either. To get him up to Sydney would probably cost the club overs relative to what he's worth.

Yeah, its cost relative. And a lot can happen between now and the end of the year.

But if he was struggling to get a game for the rest of the season, I couldn't imagine him being happy with how his career is heading.

A 3 year deal on around average wage and pick in the 40s would be a good trade for us I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, its cost relative. And a lot can happen between now and the end of the year.

But if he was struggling to get a game for the rest of the season, I couldn't imagine him being happy with how his career is heading.

A 3 year deal on around average wage and pick in the 40s would be a good trade for us I think.

Yeah, average wage I'd take him with open arms and with that he would bring great intel on a fellow contender as well. But I think Kennedy's resigning for next year would have torpedoed any thought by the Swans to trade for an older, slower midfielder.

Yeah, average wage I'd take him with open arms and with that he would bring great intel on a fellow contender as well. But I think Kennedy's resigning for next year would have torpedoed any thought by the Swans to trade for an older, slower midfielder.
There was talk of JPK resigning for next year. Since then, theres been more talk that he hasn't.
regardless, why would we sign an average, slow 30 yo mid?

There was talk of JPK resigning for next year. Since then, theres been more talk that he hasn't.

Really? I thought there was a formal announcement.

maybe?
dated 1 Apr 2021 ;)
SYDNEY co-captain Josh Kennedy is heading towards a one-year contract extension in a further boost to the Swans' impressive start to the season.
Kennedy qualifies as a free agent for the Swans this year but the veteran is in discussions for a new deal that will tie him to the club until the end of 2022.
The 2012 premiership midfielder, who turns 33 in June, gathered 27 disposals in the Swans' win over Adelaide on Saturday and is understood to be on track for the extension.

maybe?
dated 1 Apr 2021 ;)
SYDNEY co-captain Josh Kennedy is heading towards a one-year contract extension in a further boost to the Swans' impressive start to the season.
Kennedy qualifies as a free agent for the Swans this year but the veteran is in discussions for a new deal that will tie him to the club until the end of 2022.
The 2012 premiership midfielder, who turns 33 in June, gathered 27 disposals in the Swans' win over Adelaide on Saturday and is understood to be on track for the extension.

JPK's interview on Swans website this week.. He avoided answering questions about the future.

Because it mightn't be a good idea to ride our young brigade of midfielders into the ground like we did Hannebery. Wallis only turns 29 at the end of the year and has over 150 games of valuable experience in a competitive midfield in the last decade. If I had to choose between Wallis, Taylor and Gray being our books I wouldn't have to give it much thought. Buddy still has another million on his contract next year so you've also got to consider free agents that we can afford in the short term. He wouldn't be the blue chip recruit that'd make headlines or sell merchandise but just ask St Kilda how that method of recruitment is working out for them.

Because it mightn't be a good idea to ride our young brigade of midfielders into the ground like we did Hannebery. Wallis only turns 29 at the end of the year and has over 150 games of valuable experience in a competitive midfield in the last decade. If I had to choose between Wallis, Taylor and Gray being our books I wouldn't have to give it much thought. Buddy still has another million on his contract next year so you've also got to consider free agents that we can afford in the short term. He wouldn't be the blue chip recruit that'd make headlines or sell merchandise but just ask St Kilda how that method of recruitment is working out for them.
Gray won't be on our list next year.
Taylor's days seem numbered
Hewett could resign if we want an experienced midfielder to along with Parker protect the young midfield.
Next year..
JPK?
Parker and Hewett +
Mills, Clarke - 7th year
Florent - 6th year
Rowbum, Blakey, JMac - 4th year
Campbell, Gulden, Stephens, The Chad - 2nd, 3rd, 4th year players

I here your point and agree that young mids need protecting. Also that cheap ($) depth is important. but an average mid/forward who'll be close to 30 years old seems like a waste of a list spot.

Taylor has another year

Gray gone
Amerty gone
Bell gone
Brand gone
Ling gone
Sinclair gone
Cor 50/50
Clarke 50/50
Hewett traded
Hope they retain Fox
Obviously jpk amd Reid will get contracts