Recommitted Shai Bolton [Re-signed to 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol what?? He has 4 coaches votes and Cerra 5. Top 5 in the comp is an embarrassing statement.
I guess Lachlan Sholl is better than both of them then because he has more coaches votes, yeah? Is that how it works?

Very good player, the Tigers can have our 1st next year for him :D.

Edit- No takers, I'll up our offer and throw in Grant Birchall???

Last edited:
The thing with bolton is he is the type of player the hurts the opposition in many ways

Speed :heavycheck:
Endurance :heavycheck:
Marking :heavycheck:
Goals :heavycheck:
inside/outside :heavycheck:
midfield/foward :heavycheck:

Draft picks are great but if you had a top 5 pick and ended up with a player like Shai Bolton - Pretty sure you would take that every day of the week

Do tigers understand what Out of contract means when it comes to trade negotiations??
We heard the same thing regarding Dusty, Balta, Graham, Vlastuin etc.

History suggests that if we want to keep him, he'll stay.

But I'll bite for the fun of it.... How did Tim Kelly work out for WCE when he was out of contract for Geelong? Smart clubs don't let stars leave for nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats ok Elmer freo fans are still thinking 3rd rounder as he is uncontracted

The way Bolts is playing, it would take Cerra and their 1RP (minimum) to get a deal done.

The Eagles intrigue me though, Brander is someone I am sure Richmond could use as a Riewoldt type replacement, I assume they have their first round pick this year (and next's)

Still think Bolton stays at Richmond, but in a worse case scenario, you guys would get decent compo

The way Bolts is playing, it would take Cerra and their 1RP (minimum) to get a deal done.

The Eagles intrigue me though, Brander is someone I am sure Richmond could use as a Riewoldt type replacement, I assume they have their first round pick this year (and next's)

Still think Bolton stays at Richmond, but in a worse case scenario, you guys would get decent compo

We are very confident he stays and will take 20% less to sty at Richmond as our other players have this year
Grimes , Vlastuin , Balta , Baker , Graham etc have all signed for significant unders

Vlastuin actually said in his interview he could have got a couple of hundred thousand more at another club but loves the place the coaches and winning premierships. Ralph Carr also commented in an interview about how much Shai loves his club and his mates at Richmond and cant see him leaving.

Shai will get his pay day if he continues to play the way he is and takes his game to another level as Dusty did in 4 years time
but for now $550k x 3/4 years is about the price Richmond will pay him

We are very confident he stays and will take 20% less to sty at Richmond as our other players have this year
Grimes , Vlastuin , Balta , Baker , Graham etc have all signed for significant unders

Vlastuin actually said in his interview he could have got a couple of hundred thousand more at another club but loves the place the coaches and winning premierships. Ralph Carr also commented in an interview about how much Shai loves his club and his mates at Richmond and cant see him leaving.

Shai will get his pay day if he continues to play the way he is and takes his game to another level as Dusty did in 4 years time

Think 550 K p/a is not going to cut it with how the Shai Guy is playing mate.

No Mrs Hardwick.

Massive exodus.

550k? I’d only accept two years if I were him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back