Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our win over the Pies not looking as impressive. Pies vs Kangas next week. If Buckley survives this week, a loss there will have him done.

Our win over the Pies not looking as impressive. Pies vs Kangas next week. If Buckley survives this week, a loss there will have him done.
Pies fought much harder against us. Yes, they’re no world beaters, but our win still has merit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GCS putting our performances v Pies and Swans into perspective.
Another young side on the rise. Not sure what perspective you have.

Another young side on the rise. Not sure what perspective you have.
That the GCS, another young side on the rise, played better than we did across 4 quarters against teams that they played with more assurance and confidence than we did. Not that we are also not a "young side on the rise".

Gerard Wheatley nursing a semi right now
Shows how different people read stuff. I find Gerard pretty much comments on what is happening. A couple of years ago Carlton supporters accused him of hating them. I do not always agree with his views but I find him to be one of the most balanced and reasonable commentators out there.

That the GCS, another young side on the rise, played better than we did across 4 quarters against teams that they played with more assurance and confidence than we did. Not that we are also not a "young side on the rise".
Would not say they played better across 4 quarters than we did last week. Pies in front early. Suns finished better. Similar margin.
They also got Sydney at home and minus Buddy , minus Rampey and I think Heeney went off injured from memory.

Would not say they played better across 4 quarters than we did last week. Pies in front early. Suns finished better. Similar margin.
They also got Sydney at home and minus Buddy , minus Rampey and I think Heeney went off injured from memory.
Shows how different people read stuff....

Shows how different people read stuff....
Well I just watched the Pies v Suns game. Personally I thought the first half was pretty low quality with poor skills.
Secondly are you saying that we could not have beaten the Swans at Marvel if they had no Buddy and Rampy ?
Finally the Suns should be in front of us. They are two years into another rebuild and have had a s**t load more draft concessions than we have had.

Shows how different people read stuff. I find Gerard pretty much comments on what is happening. A couple of years ago Carlton supporters accused him of hating them. I do not always agree with his views but I find him to be one of the most balanced and reasonable commentators out there.
I find that mostly too. However he has openly admitted that he will be the last one to give up on Buckley (his words last week, not mine).

I am just getting over his obsession with Collingwood at the moment. All 4 days of radio this week and on his TV show 360 he lead with essentially the same schtick about the crisis at Collingwood and what is happening with Bucks.

Like, i get Collingwood struggling is a big story, but is there really nothing else of consequence he can talk about in football? They literally talked about WCE going down by 90+ for 45 seconds this week for example

I find that mostly too. However he has openly admitted that he will be the last one to give up on Buckley (his words last week, not mine).

I am just getting over his obsession with Collingwood at the moment. All 4 days of radio this week and on his TV show 360 he lead with essentially the same schtick about the crisis at Collingwood and what is happening with Bucks.

Like, i get Collingwood struggling is a big story, but is there really nothing else of consequence he can talk about in football? They literally talked about WCE going down by 90+ for 45 seconds this week for example

Maybe it is that I agree on Buckley. Lets face it if the umpires pay the correct free kick the he is most likely a premiership coach. They built up for a crack at a flag and fell just short through poor luck. They also had some serious injuries that year.
He is actually playing a lot of young blokes and they are playing like a side that is.
Collingwood are getting as much coverage as we where at the end of last season. The fact that there poor efforts in the trade period put more heat on them has had a massive effect.
It is talk back radio in Melbourne. The big Melbourne sides are going to take most of the narrative.

Buckley possibly losing his job is too big of a story, no way they focus on the on field stuff when Story like that is hovering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back