Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collingwood are so sh*t I'd even give us half a chance against them.

I expect us to go close regardless of what happens Sunday.

It'll be the second time we have faced an opponent remotely beatable this season. We should be up for it.

grimface_87

Premiership Player
May 27, 2008
Melbourne territory
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Now i don't understand Supercoach, but after watching the game last night, i reckon Alex Keath was Lynch for most of the game, who took 12 marks, and kicked 3goals 5pt's, yet after the game they kept flashing up the "rankings" and fmd, Keath was highest ranked Bulldog (126 pt's), and only 1 or Tigers above him, what gives ?

I don't think supercoach considers anything your opponent does to determine ranking points, only you. So as long as you get big stats doesn't matter what your opponent does

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I expect us to go close regardless of what happens Sunday.

It'll be the second time we have faced an opponent remotely beatable this season. We should be up for it.

Hopefully North recognises this and it galvanized the group for that week, and to not let tomorrow's game if it ends up being a bloodbath to deter their confidence.

This Collingwood outfit is off a cliff right now, we need to take advantage.

So the pies salary cap is maxed out and they’re a bottom team.

Figjam strikes again

B26BD4E0-DA8F-41D0-9A5C-1B4F0323A7ED.gif

grimface_87

Premiership Player
May 27, 2008
Melbourne territory
AFL Club
North Melbourne
With all due respect. Why?? Who really thinks beating the 17th placed side has an ounce of value?? I'll tell ya's who, supercoaches and media reading flogsters that's who.

I would have thought there is value in winning any game this year for this group, not going to come around often

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
With all due respect. Why?? Who really thinks beating the 17th placed side has an ounce of value?? I'll tell ya's who, supercoaches and media reading flogsters that's who.

Because where else are you getting a win all season, we're rebuilding aren't we? Where are we gonna get a shot of some belief on the field that we're on the right track?

Everyones so obsessed with the no. 1 draft they lose sight of why we even field a team every week.

Also supercoach is dumb, I don't even know what its all about, I might as well trade Pokemon cards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Reward for effort. Simples.

The kids need to know what a win feels like so they develop a taste for more, on top of knowing that what we're doing isn't simply doomed to eternal failure.

Going winless can GAGF.

Reward for effort. Simples.

The kids need to know what a win feels like so they develop a taste for more, on top of knowing that what we're doing isn't simply doomed to eternal failure.

I want 3/4 wins and I'm OK with the spoon.

Collingwood because f*** Buckley it's be poetry for us to end his career.

* x obvious reasons

Carlton for the lols (and my ability to give some s**t back to a mate)

Are Collingwood tanking to get a draft pick before Daicos is called, and get 2 in first Rd a la Sydney Swans strategy ?

They traded their first round pick last year for a few ordinary picks. GWS have their pick.

They traded their first round pick last year for a few ordinary picks. GWS have their pick.
Yeah, but what if they trade someone like DeGoey for a 1st rounder, we finish last and and take this Jason Horne dude, they finish 17th and pick next best, and go into deficit to match a later bid on Daicos, i am no draft expert, so will stand corrected by those with who are

Yeah, but what if they trade someone like DeGoey for a 1st rounder, we finish last and and take this Jason Horne dude, they finish 17th and pick next best, and go into deficit to match a later bid on Daicos, i am no draft expert, so will stand corrected by those with who are

Can only go into deficit the equivalent of pick 18.

I'd need to do the math to work out the viability of your scenario.

Also my math is often wrong with this s**t.

Nobody is giving pick 2 for DeGoey, they wouldn't get a late first round pick the way he is going atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back