Autopsy Dogs lose to Tigers - Rd 7, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

My read of the competition so far is that the top teams are as follows:

Melbourne
Port
Richmond
Geelong
Us

I think it'll be close between us and Geelong for fourth but their home ground will get them a few extra wins.

Hopefully I'm wrong but I don't think we're top four material this year.
We split the remaining games of the season and we finish with 14 wins. I'd be pretty disappointed if we missed top 4 from here.

Hate to tell you that wasn't the real dogs either without a number of players..

Structurally our outs were worse than the Tigers, injuries couldn’t have been an excuse for either side. We just got beaten up in the 3rd quarter.

I was concerned early on about Lynch, even though he missed a few chances you could tell he was going to be a problem. Keath on him & Cordy on Riewoldt would have been better, not the zone type defence with player x taking the deepest forward or whatever. Sometimes you just gotta go man on man, otherwise that stupid s**t happens like when Daniel ended up 1-1 with Jarryd Roughead

I give us 6 more losses for the season (port x2, Melbourne x2, Geelong away, west coast away) I think we win some of those games but will cop a few upsets as well. That gets us to 15 wins. I don’t think we’ll get pumped at all this year and we should still destroy some lower ranked teams which means our percentage will be solid enough to make top 4 (barring an injury crisis) I hope we play the tigers again in the finals and show a lot more because last night was pretty brutal.

Absolutely loved Bevo’s presser. You can tell he knows our time is now and was pissed with the groups effort.Was just blowing off some steam against some low hanging fruit in lazy, stupid footy journos.

Absolutely loved Bevo’s presser. You can tell he knows our time is now and was pissed with the groups effort.Was just blowing off some steam against some low hanging fruit in lazy, stupid footy journos.
Listened to Gerard Whately this morning. He spoke in support of the journalist as would be expected as he is a journalist himself. My question then is, what are the rules for answering a stupid question from a journo. ? Journos see a rebuke as blasphemy but I don’t quite agree.

Does josh Bruce need glasses? That judgement of the ball in fight was some of the worst I've ever seen
Grimes really got into his head although to be fair he was getting tackled and pushed under the ball regularly and probably should have had half a dozen free kicks. The Richmond defenders seem to get away with murder.

I'd be concerned if he wasn't pissed off.
We definitely need a KPD

Just a Key defender and small forward away Scrag.

Said it since the start of the season. Our mids and half backs will overwhelm lots of teams, but unless Naugton goes back, it’s going to be V hard to beat Richmond, port, Geelong (and I thought west coast, but maybe I was wrong on them).

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

By next year we will be a good 1st ruck away too. 3 players we need.

Martin, I’ll give you, the rest...meh.

Dunkley and English huge outs for us and for what it’s worth, we haven’t won three flags out of four, so I want us to win every week, so I care. Anyway, look forward to the rematch, sometimes a kick up the a*** does wonders, especially in April.

On another note, if I was Bevo, I would have put on record at the presser the ridiculous and deliberate early leaps of Riewoldt which take his opponent and others out of the contest. Make it known to the umps and hopefully they crack down on it.

Pardon the intrusion but you'll give us Martin? Gee thanks ;)
The others, vlaustin prestia lambert are all 3 time premiership players (just in case you weren't aware)

The others, vlaustin prestia lambert are all 3 time premiership players (just in case you weren't aware)
Is this really the week to come on here to be a smart-arse? I didn't see you on here last week. Run along now please.

Last edited:

I can only guess that you may have heard of Dunkley, English and Bailey Williams, all of whom are in our top 15 players (just in case you weren't aware). The media had been talking of Williams as an AA half back prior to his injury. I'd be very surprised if you were aware of that.

Yeah, we'll give you Martin.

By the way, Nathan Vardy is an Eagles premiership player, too...

Just in case you weren't aware, not all premiership players are champions.

I'm sure you're aware that for some, it's a case of being in the right place at the right time.

Unlike you.

Is this really the week to come on here to be a smart-arse? I don't see you on here last week. Run along now please.

A smart arse at 4-3 as well. Hardly world beaters. But, I guess we all know most...sorry, all, Richmond supporters are campaigners.

I’ll give you Vlaustuin and Lambert. Prestia lol.

Fletcher Roberts and Jacob Townsend are also premiership players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This loss was no surprise to those paying attention.

There have been worrying signs all year that our old weaknesses were still prevalent.

Our defence has always been suspect when our midfield is not dominant.
Our leadership is suspect. We don't have a Dale Morris or Matthew Boyd to rally the troops and lead by example. Bont still seems like a toddler wearing dad's suit. Beveridge has a hell of a plan A but struggles to adjust during games (whether that is a Bev issue or a player issue is up to debate but should have been ironed out by now either way). We still lack forward nous as a side.

These are not revelations and will not go away. There have been signs all year and especially the last two weeks. And these are the reasons we'll struggle in finals.

You’re kidding? How can you possibly play Scache again after that? And remind me how many consecutive games Jordon Sweet got before he was returned to the VFL?
There are a few senior players on our list that had their colours lowered before we look at the players that just came up from the ressie's.

Some people can step in to a role for just 1 week and just thrive like Jordy.
Schache has earnt his opportunity, but he needs a consistant run of games to get confidence up and repetition . West and Lippy also need a run of games to get use to the pressure of AFL, you can't prepare for it.
Dunks is a massive out, Westy and Lippy looked way off but they also need a few games into them before we start judging.
Its up to the senior players to show them how its done. We didn't do that last night.

I can only guess that you may have heard of Dunkley, English and Bailey Williams, all of whom are in our top 15 players (just in case you weren't aware). The media had been talking of Williams as an AA half back prior to his injury. I'd be very surprised if you were aware of that.

Yeah, we'll give you Martin.

By the way, Nathan Vardy is an Eagles premiership player, too...

Just in case you weren't aware, not all premiership players are champions.

I'm sure you're aware that for some, it's a case of being in the right place at the right time.

Unlike you.
FWIW Prestia is a bf winner in premiership year and vlastuin our best defender

Martin, I’ll give you, the rest...meh.

Dunkley and English huge outs for us and for what it’s worth, we haven’t won three flags out of four, so I want us to win every week, so I care. Anyway, look forward to the rematch, sometimes a kick up the a*** does wonders, especially in April.

On another note, if I was Bevo, I would have put on record at the presser the ridiculous and deliberate early leaps of Riewoldt which take his opponent and others out of the contest. Make it known to the umps and hopefully they crack down on it.

wow!

Prestia - BnF winner in one of our flag years and arguably our best straight out mid (Dusty Fwd).

Vlaustin -Is our leading intercept defender and top 5 BnF the last two years.

Lambert - Top 3 BnF in 2017 and 2018 and was AA squad 2018

I acknowledged English and Dunkley is decent as well, but let’s not pretend the guys we were missing aren’t our best players. Kidding yourself.

wow!

Prestia - BnF winner in one of our flag years and arguably our best straight out mid (Dusty Fwd).

I acknowledged English and Dunkley is decent as well, but let’s not pretend the guys we were missing aren’t our best players. Kidding yourself.

You think we give a single sh?t what you think?

you wouldn’t have been going into the demons forum last week talking yourselves up so how bout you p!ss right off back where you came from :)

cheers

wow!

We missed Jong last night. Would have been the difference

There have been worrying signs all year that our old weaknesses were still prevalent.

Our leadership is suspect. We don't have a Dale Morris or Matthew Boyd to rally the troops and lead by example. Bont still seems like a toddler wearing dad's suit. Beveridge has a hell of a plan A but struggles to adjust during games (whether that is a Bev issue or a player issue is up to debate but should have been ironed out by now either way). We still lack forward nous as a side.

These are not revelations and will not go away. There have been signs all year and especially the last two weeks. And these are the reasons we'll struggle in finals.
A few senior players needed to step up and didn't against the tigers.

in ready to give Woody the 2nd KPD role, he's battin above his average at the moment.
Lets give Buku that 3rd tall defender role, he's super athleic and can play on bigger dudes like Woody.
Cordy Lewy and Gardner are just not up to AFL standard as that KPD role, Lewy and Gardner maybe get there.

No other hard players either that have replaced those gone by after 2016.

We still have the 2019 elim feel about us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back