VFL 2021 VFL R3 v GC (Fri 30-Apr 4pm @ Olympic Park) - [live stream]

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
We have a new President now.

Sure, Korda hasn’t been sitting on the sidelines at VFL games with the passwords to the Twitter feed. But we can reasonably expect changes to approach and priorities to percolate all the way down to the lowest layers of the club. Even the boot studder will be threading up the lad’s laces with a different pattern.

Agree with you, no point complaining about the way things were done. Best we can do is enjoy and compliment the changes we’ve been crying out for.

This change has nothing to do with Korda and is influenced by Wright. His predecessors attitude to us was that we were mushrooms keep us in the dark and feed us s**t. Wright though is clearly more open. The change to the injury reports has been stark.

Last edited:
This change has nothing to do with Korda and is influenced by Wright. His predecessors attitude to us was that we were mushrooms keep us in the dark and feed us sh*t. Wright though is clearly more open. The change to the injury reports has been stark.

Maybe ...

... but not sure how much say the footy director has on club communication?

We can reasonably expect that our last President would have had strong opinions about this, and he’s not the President anymore.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Maybe ...

... but not sure how much say the footy director has on club communication?

We can reasonably expect that our last President would have had strong opinions about this, and he’s not the President anymore.

Football communications fall within his scope so you would hope it’s massive! Ed meddling in football matters when he should have stuck to governance was his biggest fault Korda has also stated on the record he will be different to Ed. There’s no chance it has been a Korda initiative and I’d go so far as to say that if you asked him specific questions about it I’d be surprised if he’d even be able to answer them. An example would be asking him to name 5 of our VFL listed players. Ed on the other hand would probably know all their nicknames.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
We're all well aware that coaches can influence a player's impact on a game, no matter at what level. Last week Rantell is a forward and has very little impact. This week Sier has approx. 80% game time as a mid and is very good.

Gotta feel for Rantall is a gut running mid and gets plonked fwd all game then dropped.

Shocking player development there.

OniAu

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Daisy. Really>?

Next it will be the Kennedy Assassination, the sinking of the Titanic,

Carlton was willing to pay Daisy a fortune, He had chronic injuries. And Collingwood was not.
He was fabolus for use, merely handy at times for the blues AT BEST, but not worth the coin he was being paid,

Kidding yourself if you think it was purely money for leaving.

OniAu

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
‘Easy to blame Buckley but you don’t know if he was a major factor. You just think it was. Money and Malthouse I would suggest were bigger factors, but like you I have NFI.

Still remember the incident where he celebrated essentially spiting Buckley in the coaches box. No player does that to a coach if they have mutual respect

ClaytonM

Premiership Player
Jan 20, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Still remember the incident where he celebrated essentially spiting Buckley in the coaches box. No player does that to a coach if they have mutual respect

So Buckley is to blame for Thomas being a tosser he always was. We just tolerated it cause he was a very good footballer. Again you think Buckley is to blame for Thomas' actions.

Which particular action did Buckley do to disrespect Thomas?

Last edited:

OniAu

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
So Buckley is to blame for Thomas being a tosser he always was. We just tolerated it cause he was a very good footballer. Again you think Buckley is to blame Buckley for Thomas' actions.

Which particular action did Buckley do to disrespect Thomas?

He cant manage players. Its irrelevant what incident . I wouldnt have a clue. For a supporter to assess there is friction between a player and coach on field shows how unprofessional the player and coach is. Proofs in last years trade period also.

We have a new President now.

Sure, Korda hasn’t been sitting on the sidelines at VFL games with the passwords to the Twitter feed. But we can reasonably expect changes to approach and priorities to percolate all the way down to the lowest layers of the club. Even the boot studder will be threading up the lad’s laces with a different pattern.

Agree with you, no point complaining about the way things were done. Best we can do is enjoy and compliment the changes we’ve been crying out for.

Korda is just Dictator Ed's Right Hand Man

ClaytonM

Premiership Player
Jan 20, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
He cant manage players. Its irrelevant what incident . I wouldnt have a clue. For a supporter to assess there is friction between a player and coach on field shows how unprofessional the player and coach is. Proofs in last years trade period also.

Now you are changing topic. We were talking about Daisy.

Buckley is nothing if not professional from what I have observed during his time as coach. Even in his behaviour regarding Malthouse. But you keep seeing what you want to.

OniAu

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Now you are changing topic. We were talking about Daisy.

Buckley is nothing if not professional from what I have observed during his time as coach. Even in his behaviour regarding Malthouse. But you keep seeing what you want to.

Did you miss the entire off season just gone ?

Im not changing the topic , i answered that daisy and buckley clearly didnt get along. Last time i checked, the head coach is responsible for player relationships and knowing how each one ticks. He has made some monumental stuff ups with players through his coaching. With all nearly becoming public viewing

Mayne
Daisy
Shaw
Stevo
Treloar

jc37

All Australian
Jan 4, 2007
London
AFL Club
Collingwood

Im not changing the topic , i answered that daisy and buckley clearly didnt get along. Last time i checked, the head coach is responsible for player relationships and knowing how each one ticks. He has made some monumental stuff ups with players through his coaching. With all nearly becoming public viewing

Mayne
Daisy
Shaw
Stevo
Treloar
Daisy was cooked and I think may have been more loyalty to Mick/money on offer than anything really against Bucks. Mayne had an awful first year but almost a premiership player with us. Shaw is a 50-50. I love him but him leaving was a win/win. Pies still have Adams who we surely miss right now. Treloar was disgraceful although I am guessing would not have happened for bad list management and the stupid decision to recruit Beams (who Bucks apparently did not get on with). Guessing that was Eddie getting involved as much as anything else. Bucks took a big hit there. I would say Treloar his lowest moment at the club. You're allowed 1 in 20 plus years. Especially given the s**t thrown at him. He rarely played a bad game and despite 1-6 we still have not been completely uncompetitive. Stephenson I think we all need to know a little more. The issue with the last 2 and Phillips is more about shameful list management.
As a player or coach I dont think there has ever been a moment where Bucks did not put the club first. This is the issue with almost all the disagreements, Some players may have not been happy with this. Lumumba certainly wasnt he was more interested in LGBT rights when the players were teasing Paul Seedsman about a hair cut. Loved Bucks when he was at the club and has hated him since.

ClaytonM

Premiership Player
Jan 20, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood

Mayne
Daisy
Shaw
Stevo
Treloar

You are now talking about something that happened in 2020. We started talking about Daisy back about seven years ago. They are not in any way related.

It is like arguing that if I was speeding last week down a road I must have been speeding down the same road seven years ago. There is no link between then and now.

If Buckley was the major protagonist over the off season it does not prove he was back seven years ago.

Some people love to blame Buckley for everything. But he does not manage the list or the player salary cap that led to Stevo and Treloar. Both Stevo and Treloar wanted to stay so I can only assume their relationship with Buckley was fine until the club, not Buckley, was forced to make tough decisions due to list management stuff ups.

Shaw’s departure was as much him as Buckley. He was a loose cannon at that point.

Daisy went for money and MM.

Not sure why Mayne is on the list.

Name me the players who have left the club because of Buckley apart from potentially Daisy, Shaw and Beams? I think Daisy and Shaw I have dealt with above. Beams left because of his father and then returned when Buckley was still coach so he couldn’t of had too many problems with Bucks.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2006
QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
LA Lakers,NE Patriots,Liverpool FC

Mayne
Daisy
Shaw
Stevo
Treloar
Shaw????? The most suspended player in the AFL over the past 30 odd years.
Once for drink driving and stacking his car, then lying about it. 8 weeks??
Another for gambling on a game he was involved in and used inside info for his bet. 6-8 weeks?
Another for grabbing an umpire.
All of those under Malthouse......
The guy thought he was bigger than the club and continued to behave that way after Malthouse left. Bucks didn’t tolerate it and Malthouse should have pulled him into line way earlier before it got out of control.

Nick Maxwell made comment on it when he was at GWS in a leadership role, stating Shaw had finally grown up and changed his ways. Shaw was not a popular teammate outside the ratpack. He was tolerated. The Pies leadership group got sick of him and his antics. Straight from the horses mouth.

Apologises for the off topic but I couldn’t let that go.

OniAu

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
You are now talking about something that happened in 2020. We started talking about Daisy back about seven years ago. They are not in any way related.

It is like arguing that if I was speeding last week down a road I must have been speeding down the same road seven years ago. There is no link between then and now.

If Buckley was the major protagonist over the off season it does not prove he was back seven years ago.

Some people love to blame Buckley for everything. But he does not manage the list or the player salary cap that led to Stevo and Treloar. Both Stevo and Treloar wanted to stay so I can only assume their relationship with Buckley was fine until the club, not Buckley, was forced to make tough decisions due to list management stuff ups.

Shaw’s departure was as much him as Buckley. He was a loose cannon at that point.

Daisy went for money and MM.

Not sure why Mayne is on the list.

Name me the players who have left the club because of Buckley apart from potentially Daisy, Shaw and Beams? I think Daisy and Shaw I have dealt with above. Beams left because of his father and then returned when Buckley was still coach so he couldn’t of had too many problems with Bucks.

It is relevant whether it was at the start of his tenure or now. Its the same coaching career. Not like he started in 2012 finished in 2016 and went elsewhere.

Coaches have a say on the list, dont be fooled into thinking they dont. His finger prints were all over 2020 off season and its set the club back massively. The biggest joke is how our club thought they were a contender for 2021 with shipping off 3 best 22 players.

ClaytonM

Premiership Player
Jan 20, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood

It is relevant whether it was at the start of his tenure or now. Its the same coaching career. Not like he started in 2012 finished in 2016 and went elsewhere.

Coaches have a say on the list, dont be fooled into thinking they dont. His finger prints were all over 2020 off season and its set the club back massively. The biggest joke is how our club thought they were a contender for 2021 with shipping off 3 best 22 players.

I have no doubt he has a say, but he is not the list manager or head of the football department. He didn't blow the salary cap.

But none of that has anything to do with the original statement regarding Daisy. I wish you would stay on discussion. It was about why Daisy left. You still haven't provided a decent argument to support this. All you have done is say look at these other situations therefore they must also apply to Daisy.

That is a bullshit argument.

At the end of the day neither of us know what the main drivers for Daisy were. Money, MM, Buckley, contract length could of all been factors. To what degree only Daisy knows.

You can bring up as many other players as you like, none have anything to do with Daisy and him leaving.

Sep 28, 2006
QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
LA Lakers,NE Patriots,Liverpool FC
That's likely also. I wouldn't discount the impact of coaching and development affecting his game though. I feel we've done that poorly in recent years, particularly the midfield.
Possibly. I just can’t take a guy who has the tools but looks to me, lack of effort is holding him back. He’d be getting onfield and off field coaching from Pendles, Sidney and Tay Adams for his entire 6 years.

Personally, I’ve never been a fan of Rob Harvey as a coach. While at Carlton and St.Kilda, Harvey had their midfields become incredibly unaccountable. Unfortunately Bucks seems to trust him albeit he’s appears to be the backline coach this year.

Where we are at be better for Mayne to Retire and get someone Younger on the List

OniAu

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have no doubt he has a say, but he is not the list manager or head of the football department. He didn't blow the salary cap.

But none of that has anything to do with the original statement regarding Daisy. I wish you would stay on discussion. It was about why Daisy left. You still haven't provided a decent argument to support this. All you have done is say look at these other situations therefore they must also apply to Daisy.

That is a bullshit argument.

At the end of the day neither of us know what the main drivers for Daisy were. Money, MM, Buckley, contract length could of all been factors. To what degree only Daisy knows.

You can bring up as many other players as you like, none have anything to do with Daisy and him leaving.

Proofs in the now and last off season. Terrible relationship with certain players. Wants to be one of the boys instead of a coach

Back