Status
Not open for further replies.
Leading possession winners:

Constable 28
Holmes 26
Okunbor 21
Simpson 18
Fort 17
I was going to ask during the 3rd quarter if Constable was still out on the field - guess he was

Had to watch the game with the sound off and could no post - but there will be some damn sore and tired blokes after that.

Take the 4 points but jeez what an arm wrestle. not all wins are pretty.

Go Catters

Fort again in the bests, this time BOG - wouldn't be surprised if he got a run in the seniors at some stage, even if it's just too help manage Stanley through the season

Not neglected. Omitted from the discussion as he isn't a forward.
I have little faith in most of them.

The best of the lot in the last 18 months has been Sav (injured a lot), Constable, Narkle, Zuthrie and Simpson.
Of that lot 3 will need to improve to be here in 2 years. Simpson looks solid and Sav keeps getting injured. And these are the best of the bunch!

I know this is off topic but I couldn't post it in the other forum as it was closed. Can you please provide me some evidence to back up your claims that not only does clark not have the defensive capabilities to play in the back six now, but the recruiters somehow didn't see that huge deficiency and picked him in the teens in a super draft.

Because I think it's a completely bullshit narrative which is perpetuated by some people on here without any evidence whatsoever. Now for the claims you are making you will need to show evidence of a consistent inability to man up, compete in tight one on ones, put his head over the ball ect ect ect. Not only from his AFL time but also (as you claim was evident) from his time in the 18s in WA. As I always say happy to be proven wrong with facts and evidence but not happy for this IMHO rubbish narrative to continue without it being substantiated.

oh baby is constable capable of racking up some non damaging possessions.
I just find him to be a bit meh or blah - can get his hands on the ball but I just don't find him a damaging player at either VFL or AFL level

28 disposals today, not sure on last week and 25 against so North a fortnight ago but not sure he was really that damaging or dominant in any of those games

I'd rather a player who gets the ball 15-20 times and makes their disposals count, rather than someone racking up 25+ disposals on a regular basis but seemingly have no impact

Yeah. Tis.
I wanna say that 2 years ago I had him pegged to be our version of Caleb Daniel. Still reckon with no Covid he might have made it. Not sure about now but glad to see he's still giving it a shot.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know this is off topic but I couldn't post it in the other forum as it was closed. Can you please provide me some evidence to back up your claims that not only does clark not have the defensive capabilities to play in the back six now, but the recruiters somehow didn't see that huge deficiency and picked him in the teens in a super draft.
I merely asked Cursed Cat a question and answered a question about what I think is his best position. That's all.
You are getting far too hung up on the validity of views about a fringe 23-30 footballer on our list.
I just find him to be a bit meh or blah - can get his hands on the ball but I just don't find him a damaging player at either VFL or AFL level

28 disposals today, not sure on last week and 25 against so North a fortnight ago but not sure he was really that damaging or dominant in any of those games

I'd rather a player who gets the ball 15-20 times and makes their disposals count, rather than someone racking up 25+ disposals on a regular basis but seemingly have no impact
Very vanilla.

Surprised Okunbor didn’t crack the bests. Yeah he made mistakes but who wouldn’t playing as an inside mid in a game like that? Impressed by Jarvis in the last, everyone can have s**t games but when guys were knackered in the last he stood up and did the hard stuff. And while Holmes fell off a few tackles he kept doing stuff that was exciting.

Had to watch the game with the sound off and could no post - but there will be some damn sore and tired blokes after that.

Take the 4 points but jeez what an arm wrestle. not all wins are pretty.

Go Catters
A tight hard game. All good experience for our youngsters.

Surprised Okunbor didn’t crack the bests. Yeah he made mistakes but who wouldn’t playing as an inside mid in a game like that? Impressed by Jarvis in the last, everyone can have sh*t games but when guys were knackered in the last he stood up and did the hard stuff. And while Holmes fell off a few tackles he kept doing stuff that was exciting.
Big last quarter by Okunbor when the heat was on.
Ditto Simpson, to a lesser extent.

Fort in the best ... ?
Yes, absolutely dominated the ruck contests and fed out a lot to runners because he was actually able to grab them in the contest instead of just hitting it nowhere.

Big last quarter by Okunbor when the heat was on.
Ditto Simpson, to a lesser extent.

Yes, absolutely dominated the ruck contests and fed out a lot to runners because he was actually able to grab them in the contest instead of just hitting it nowhere.

Thought Jarvis had a couple of nice moments at the end of the game when it was tight, too ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back