Preview Changes for the Derby v Fremantle @ Optus Stadium 2/6/21 @ 2:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

No Barrass or Hurn now? Vardy still there, as is an out of form Cripps and that those spuds Jones & Langdon. I reckon this is the worst 22 we've put up in a long, long time. How the * are we a $1.75 favorites ?

We have like 0 pace in the midfield apart from Gaff, is Petch going to play through there to make it faster? Surely it's time to play the likes of O'Neill, Foley, Trew now.

McGovern, Barrass and Hurn missing from defence

Shuey and Yeo missing from the midfield

Ryan (and Rioli) missing from the forwardline

That’s some serious quality sitting in the stands and some massive holes to fill. Going to take a massive effort to win not only this game but Hawthorn next week as well because none of them are coming back for that game either

Too many A grade players out. I cannot see this team winning. The backline is as weak, inexperienced and leaderless as I have seen for years. Shep the backline general - ‘help’. Was building us up to have a chance with Hurn in, but without Hurn it’s really impossible to see.

Going to be a struggle to get to the bye still in touch at this rate. That 8 points we pissed away a couple of weeks ago would be handy right about now, we could “afford” 2 extra losses

Too many A grade players out. I cannot see this team winning. The backline is as weak, inexperienced and leaderless as I have seen for years. Shep the backline general - ‘help’. Was building us up to have a chance with Hurn in, but without Hurn it’s really impossible to see.

Is this the worst injury crisis we have ever had?.... I cannot remember seeing so many first picked players out of the team at the same time

Hurn Barrass Gov Shuey Yeo Ryan ....rioli venables hutchings

bad times

Yikes. Only good news is Freo's backline looks pretty bare as well, if we can somehow get the ball up there our forwards should have a good one.

Absolutely astonished that Vardy is still in though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, Hurn out, that was some ducks n' drakes...rather than panic, is it just me or does the backline look not toooo bad - Witherden with a bit of Hurn clean kicking, Rotham and Edwards for height, Dugs-Cole-Nelson for mongrel, and Shep doing Shepercept...?
The usual suspects for mid...shouldering great expectations, a bit thin..
Forwards pretty decent, except for Langdon and JayJay...
Trying to be positive...

Is this the worst injury crisis we have ever had?.... I cannot remember seeing so many first picked players out of the team at the same time

Hurn Barrass Gov Shuey Yeo Ryan ....rioli venables hutchings

bad times
Bad injury list for sure, but Rioli and Venables haven't played for well over a year and Hutchings would probably not get picked if he was fit TBH.

Six first starters out IMO.

Wow, Hurn out, that was some ducks n' drakes...rather than panic, is it just me or does the backline look not toooo bad - Witherden with a bit of Hurn clean kicking, Rotham and Edwards for height, Dugs-Cole-Nelson for mongrel, and Shep doing Shepercept...?
The usual suspects for mid...shouldering great expectations, a bit thin..
Forwards pretty decent, except for Langdon and JayJay...
Trying to be positive...
It's been covered here before but Rotham as a key defender is dangerous. He lacks the stregth size to do so. He's either gonna be too short for lobb or gonna be out muscled by Tabanar

Bad injury list for sure, but Rioli and Venables haven't played for well over a year and Hutchings would probably not get picked if he was fit TBH.

Six first starters out IMO.
Yes, but they are all A-Graders, 6 out of the top 10 of the 22. A lot of the cream and leadership of the team is out. The three first choice leaders are out, we are not far from scraping the bottom of the barrel. How Vardy, Langdon and Jones hold their positions is mind-boggling. Some lesser players are going to have to really step up if we are to be competitive tomorrow.

Probably end up with a line up of

B cole Edwards rotham
HB witherden brander sheppard
C duggan redden gaff
Hf Jones darling cripps
F langdon Kennedy allen
R natanui sheed Kelly
Int waterman petrecelle Nelson vardy

Probably end up with a line up of

B cole Edwards rotham
HB witherden brander sheppard
C duggan redden gaff
Hf Jones darling cripps
F langdon Kennedy allen
R natanui sheed Kelly
Int waterman petrecelle Nelson vardy
Looks better, but that back-line is weak, leaderless and inexperienced.

I'll personally massage his calves myself with industrial strength Tiger Balm and welders gloves!!?
or equine deep heat. I mean Bunga probably the only human that has skin tough enough to withstand the burn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back