List Mgmt. Mid Season Draft 2021 Player Watch

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
have heard Edwards may not nominate for any drafts for fear of ending up at North.
True story, ffs he'll nominate for the mid season draft. Roos will bamboozle him with half truths and blatant lies. It's worked for him in the past.😬

Hang on can't tell if you're saying that's a silly rumouŕ or Edwards actually wants to avoid us?

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
I don't know man , but I highly doubt that he is trying to avoid us. I was being a smartarse . It's just this place is extremely negative.

It is mate but putting it in terms you'd understand, the entire club has s serious case of blueballs right now.

The Anvil

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Caro's vindictive bullshit that she fabricates doesn't help either.

She’s a shocking person but we help her with the material.

You can’t say your a Melbourne team whilst playing almost 40% of your games in a different state.

In saying that, the Hawks do exactly the same and not a word is said about them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
******* hell, you guys know he's only eligible for this draft because he's already been in a draft yeah?

Everything is about getting on an AFL list. The best players every year know they're going to the worst teams.

travelli

Club Legend
Mar 4, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
******* hell, you guys know he's only eligible for this draft because he's already been in a draft yeah?

Everything is about getting on an AFL list. The best players every year know they're going to the worst teams.
He's already been skipped! Clubs in the 2020 draft would rather nothing than picking this guy

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He’s a ruckman stuck behind Todd Goldstein, who is now starting to slow down. You really want Campbell as the primary ruck when Goldy is gone and Edwards is as raw as anything?

Am I the only person here who rates Campbell in the ruck?

He has the agility of a gum tree but he is bloody strong in the ruck and generally performs well at the tap.

For me I always thought his issue was more so he struggles to balance being the #2 man, and he's not as good as Goldy at being the #1 man.

He has the agility of a gum tree but he is bloody strong in the ruck and generally performs well at the tap.

For me I always thought his issue was more so he struggles to balance being the #2 man, and he's not as good as Goldy at being the #1 man.
He's a better than average tap-ruckman, I just think he his concrete hands (better today), average disposal and poor agility as a lumbering giant doesn't make him good enough to tie down the first ruck role at AFL level, or give us enough drive from clearances. Happy to be proven wrong of course, but he is a limited player trying his heart out.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Hands are a little hard, but he gets his hand first to many of them. Only 29 this year, and could possibly have 5 years of football left, but he needs to keep improving.

Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He's a better than average tap-ruckman, I just think he his concrete hands (better today), average disposal and poor agility as a lumbering giant doesn't make him good enough to tie down the first ruck role at AFL level, or give us enough drive from clearances. Happy to be proven wrong of course, but he is a limited player trying his heart out.
don't disagree with any of that, but he is improving as he gets a run of games, whereas if we're completely honest, after a couple of good games in the praccies, when it's hit the season, Xerri has plateaued. On form, TC deserves his spot - whether he's anything like a medium term option remains to be seen, but for the moment, he's it

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
With the break in the Nab League, Edwards was back at Mentone Grammar.

They beat Marcellin by 7 goals and are probably now favourites for the flag.

Can't find any info on how Edwards went specifically.

It would be Mentone's first football title in over 100 years in the competition. They have traditionally been one of the easy beats in the comp with most decent footballers in the area attending Haileybury and St Bedes traditionally.

Assumption, Marcellin and PEGS are the traditional AGSV football powerhouses.

Last edited:

BlueandWhiteinmyBlood

Club Legend
May 27, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
With the break in the Nab League, Edwards was back at Mentone Grammar.

They beat Marcellin by 7 goals and are probably now favourites for the flag.

Can't find any info on how Edwards went specifically.

It would be Mentone's first football title in over 100 years in the competition. They have traditionally been one of the easy beats in the comp with most decent footballers in the area attending Haileybury and St Bedes traditionally.

Assumption, Marcellin and PEGS are the traditional AGSV football powerhouses.

Well they will be spewing when one of their key players is pinched mid season. I know danger stayed in Geelong to finish schooling when Crows selected him, did they allow him to keep playing school footy or TAC cup? Or once on an AFL list you can’t do that?

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Decided to watch Edwards' last NAB League match (Sandringham vs. Dandenong) from start to finish today. So no one else here has to do that, here's a compilation of most, if not all, of his involvement. Apologies couldn't get sound working.

In case it's no obvious right away, Edwards is no. 70.

Good work simon21.

Who's the kid opposing him in the ruck most of the time? Looks good.

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
I meant in the tradition of Assumption College FF's. When I was a kid, the next big thing always seemed to be the Assumption College FF.

When I was a kid, remember the FF kicking 150 in a season, may have been Jon Henry, if I recall correctly went to carlton and played a couple of games on the half back flank.

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well they will be spewing when one of their key players is pinched mid season. I know danger stayed in Geelong to finish schooling when Crows selected him, did they allow him to keep playing school footy or TAC cup? Or once on an AFL list you can’t do that?

There's a fair chance the club would apply to have him play the remainder of the season in the Nab Cup rather than our VFL side.

Not sure about school football though.

Geelong's rookie listed ruckman Paul Tsapatolis for example is playing Nab League this year, even though he is AFL listed.

It's one of the reasons he's been rumored to be hesitant nominating for the MSD. Doesn't want to miss out on the remainder of Sandringham/Mentone's seasons.

Back