Injury SJOGHCIU 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Was thinking that it seems we always have been losing a lot of players to injury over the last 5 years. I don't think there is another club in the league that has to deal with as many injuries on a constant basis then us. Being without 5/6 of our best 22 seems like a regular thing these last few seasons.

Last year we went through the same thing. Year before that likewise. Question is why can't we get our players on the park. Can except two of three best 22 out but we seems to have to turnover pretty much the whole list on a weekly basis. Frustrating having to play most of our reserves. No wonder why we getting beaten easily.

Any chance it's our medical team issue. Why can't they get the players right. Soon as one of them get a stratch it's out for two or three. Are we being too conservative on the injury front. Something's not adding up. Not seeing it with other clubs. How did we become so weak.
Ask GoEaglesGoSGIO

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Hmm, good thing we don't have banners anymore or the cheersquad would be scrambling to make a replacement.

CONGRATULATIONS
SHANNON HURN
NEW GAMES RECORD HOLDER

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Free Agent

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
How the Eagles medical team works.

Player comes up with broken finger nail.
Eagles medical- yeah that's prob a 1-2 weeker.
Reckon the players now are probally milking it and faking some injuries just to get some time off. Especially if we have a weak medical team that are way too conservative and just ruling players out willy nillie.

I mean who wouldn't want to get paid for doing nothing on the sidelines. Sound like a good deal.
If you were a player and seen half the squad off enjoying themselves with little niggles. You be pretty pissed I reckon and prob would eventually give up caring about winning after a few heavy losses like last week's Geelong game. These players remember is there job and if the whole teams getting weeks off work by the medical loop hole wouldn't you be like screw this I'm having a few sick days aswell.
My elbows a little sore today I might go to the medical team and get a few games off.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Id suggest looking at our next door neighbour, seeing there injury list and understanding the correlations that exists. We are about 7th for games losses since Optus, Freo are 3rd. The stadium is pretty and nice but not the best for long term health of our players
No arguments on the stadium from me, great to look at, obviously not great to play on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back