NBL 2020/21 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This is a joke of a league. Multiple quarters of less than 30 points total, teams giving up massive leads, and in general the decision making and execution is wild to watch at times.

I know it’s a fair few tiers below the best in the world, but my god the current game just had a 29 point quarter and also a 30 point one.

This is a joke of a league. Multiple quarters of less than 30 points total, teams giving up massive leads, and in general the decision making and execution is wild to watch at times.

I know it’s a fair few tiers below the best in the world, but my god the current game just had a 29 point quarter and also a 30 point one.
That happens in the NBA on the daily. Strange criticism to make

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
That happens in the NBA on the daily. Strange criticism to make

30 teams vs 9. Teams playing 4-5 games most weeks vs 1-2. Disingenuous comparison and my guess is you realise that.

And it is not consistent that nba games have less than 192 total points (the comparator for a less than 160 point nbl game) because if that was happening there would be an urgent discussion about how to change the game.

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So Saturday night prime time was 69-69 through four quarters! Yay! Overtime..... 10-6. Wow.

45 minutes of supposed professorial basketball. 154 total points.

Wonderful. What a product.

The_Game_1981

Club Legend
Pokemon is Life A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Oct 14, 2009
A Yellow Submarine
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle, The Exers
So Saturday night prime time was 69-69 through four quarters! Yay! Overtime..... 10-6. Wow.

45 minutes of supposed professorial basketball. 154 total points.

Wonderful. What a product.
If you don't like it don't watch it. If you want to watch a game with no defence and only 3 point shots watch the NBA, ain't no one forcing you to watch the NBL.

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app

30 teams vs 9. Teams playing 4-5 games most weeks vs 1-2. Disingenuous comparison and my guess is you realise that.

And it is not consistent that nba games have less than 192 total points (the comparator for a less than 160 point nbl game) because if that was happening there would be an urgent discussion about how to change the game.
Um, none of that is relevant is to teams giving up big leads. Strange hill to die on.

The improvement of Jordan Hunter over the season has been pretty impressive. Real presence on both ends now.

Was at the United game last night. Humphries looks all at sea since his injury. A real shame. Hope he can get it back

Richard Cranium

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PHX
And as we all know, there's been zero criticism of the way the NBA has been played over the last decade...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
It’s almost like a game with 20% more time and different rules to encourage scoring, will produce higher scores.

Pretty sure this is the real Hutchy.
I ran some very basic numbers yesterday to see how far down scoring is at the moment, and:

NBL_Scoring_21.png

Interesting that scoring was up during the NBL Cup - where the schedule was more tightly packed but there was virtually no travel.
Then it went down immediately afterwards, and is yet to bounce back to 'normal'.

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams

Richard Cranium

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PHX
It's funny seeing some of the internet experts saying that he'd be lucky to be drafted at all (sadly not just trolls), but then there he is at 13 in ESPN's draft rankings. It's almost as if 18 year olds making the odd silly turnover or not being a lock down defender doesn't ruin your chances of being drafted...

It's funny seeing some of the internet experts saying that he'd be lucky to be drafted at all (sadly not just trolls), but then there he is at 13 in ESPN's draft rankings. It's almost as if 18 year olds making the odd silly turnover or not being a lock down defender doesn't ruin your chances of being drafted...
After watching him live last weekend, I have no doubt he’ll make it. His basketball IQ is amazing

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sad loss by the Cats tonight

Almost as sad as the Adelaide dj playing strawberry kisses by Nicky Webster
:oops: I missed that gem while channel surfing between the NBL & AFL.

Sad loss but a good game. Could have gone either way so it makes the loss extra painful, but on the other hand we did pretty well to stay with them given that NZ seemed to be getting the better of a lot of the individual matchups. They're no joke now that they're getting healthy again. I don't think we'll be the last playoff contender they beat.

Having it go down to the last few seconds after managing just a solitary three pointer all game means we did a lot else right but it sure would be nice if the regular Bryce Cotton would return some time soon. Not that he isn't still a great player, but he's 10/53 (19%) from outside the arc across the last 8 games which is very un-Cotton-like.

If he can negotiate a buy out with the Brisbane, Will Magnay could be joining the Wildcats for the run home
Sounds like there’s a bit happening with Brisbane on this. I read they only cleared him very late so he nearly missed training camp with the Hornets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back