Autopsy Round 7, 2021 vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

The players didn't ******* turn up tonight. After 10-15 mins it was too hard. They didn't give a s**t.

Spare me the Sack Hinkley garbage. This could have happened under any coach.

We're 5-2, it's May 1st and we're coming off a close Prelim loss in 2020, but Sack Hinkley lol!!1

The players didn't ******* turn up tonight. After 10-15 mins it was too hard. They didn't give a sh*t.

We're 5-2, it's May 1st and we're coming off a close Prelim loss in 2020, but Sack Hinkley lol!!1
It's the same s**t under Ken though.

The players didn't ******* turn up tonight. After 10-15 mins it was too hard. They didn't give a sh*t.

YEAH MAN, THIS IS HINKLEY'S LIKE, SECOND YEAR AT THE HELM CALM DOWN LOL

Left field but does anyone else think maybe the problem is not having a capable coach?

Evidence would suggest Ken definitely lacks game day nous which is pretty important for a head coach. Once teams get a run-on he never seems to have any ideas on how to stop or negate it. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I'd heard it reported somewhere he's actually said that once the game starts he doesn't believe there is a lot a coach can do to effect things on the field - if true that's a pretty damning pathetic attitude to have.

surely it’s time for Hinkley to rip into them at the press conference. Not his normal mamby Pam by bullshit

Evidence would suggest Ken definitely lacks game day nous which is pretty important for a head coach. Once teams get a run-on he never seems to have any ideas on how to stop or negate it. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I'd heard it reported somewhere he's actually said that once the game starts he doesn't believe there is a lot a coach can do to effect things on the field - if true that's a pretty damning pathetic attitude to have.
I hate hinkley and woulda sacked h8m years ago, but this one was on the players, turnovers, panicking, dropping marks. Where are our leaders to stand up, like Richmond do regularly.

we are miles off the best teams, and even further away from home.

I'm just feeling shattered right now. Got some real hope up this preseason that there was something special ahead, but every time the question is asked of us in the sort of game a contender needs to win, we just show the same old flaws we've shown for years.

Ultimately I have not enjoyed a moment of our footy so far this year.

Clinical, boring wins against s**t sides, where we turn off our intensity and into cruise control as soon as the opportunity arises.

A hard win against the Tigers, which was also an extremely frustrating performance where we tried our very best to lose it and should've won by far more.

2 Shithouse, pathetic, #hinkleyspecial performances.

Hartlett can never play for the club again. Go and enjoy your retirement. I swear, that free kick reversal set the entire tone of the match. Other than the completely inept coach (who keeps picking him mind you) no individual is more responsible for this loss than Hamish Hartlett.
little bit hyperbolic but yeah he was s**t all game

We're scared of them and they know it.

The lack of intent and effort from many (most) early on was frightening yet all too familiar. Houston shouldn't play until he can tackle and put his arms above his head, especially if you're going to play him on the ball against a very aggressive Lions outfit. Amon let numerous players walk through him time and time again - I could go on. It's ingrained in this mob and happens nearly everytime we are met with any physical resistance, apart from Richmond for some unknown reason but that just may be because we tend to play them at Adelaide Oval almost exclusively.

It's embarrassing.

Our depth isn't what we think it is and guys like Woodcock and Mayes are SANFL at best.

Our coach tries the same thing every single time and if it doesn't work he really has no other ideas until it's far past the point of hope.

Again, embarrassing.

I thought Bergamn could hold his head high, the guy has a good future IMO.

Ollie tried his best and continues his good form.

We get to limp back to Adelaide Oval and play a poor side next week, so we'll once again move on without acknowledging our weakness when it matters and continue to hide behind the glories of beating up on bad sides and keep pretending we're actually going somewhere.

We have a good list but until we get some real grit I can't see us doing much without the planets aligning. Maybe when we start putting our feet on the throats of lower sides and developing a thirst for doing so that might flow on to bigger games.

Hunt Port aggressively and you're half way home no matter who you are. You see this weakness nearly every game we play, we love when it's easy, we love when we can back off and it shows much more often than not when we are confronted by other good sides.

Embarrassing and oh so predictable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the game it was very noticeable how tired we were. Every effort was followed by hands on hips sucking in the big ones. All yhe dropped marks, silly mistakes... we didn't show up ready to go.

Is that due to AFL making late changes to our travel arrangements?

Why are we the only team that has to fly the day we play?

I'm just feeling shattered right now.

Have not enjoyed a moment of our footy so far this year.

Clinical, boring wins against sh*t sides, where we turn off our intensity and into cruise control as soon as the opportunity arises.

A hard win against the Tigers, which was also an extremely frustrating performance.

2 Shithouse, pathetic, #hinkleyspecial performances.

It's 2018 again.

Pretty much everyone was awful but a couple of special memtions:

Hammer: is clinging on to a spot as is, but MUST be dropped for letting Mitch Robinson suck us in AGAIN. They would've spoke about it pre-game then within the first 5 mins he's fallen for it and cost a goal (although it was Charlie kicking so who knows) which leads me to...

Dixon: For a man Mountain he doesn't really impact games physically. He should be EMBARRASSED the amount of times Andrews has made him look second rate, to the point he should impacting contests like a raging bull, but just let's Andrews lead him to the ball time and time again.

Lycett: we are some quality midfielders down in wet conditions, we really needed our ruckman to stand up against what I consider a very ordinary opponent (McInerney) yet Lycett was unsighted all night. Had to be better then whatever crap that was he served up tonight. We need to start getting some games into Hayes.

Obviously there were probably 20 players that deserved a bake tonight but those 3 stood out for me. Oh and let's move on from Mayes.
dixon was embarrassed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back