Autopsy Round 7, 2021 vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

In lighter news Drew haters where you at ?
Play him in his natural position and hey see what happens:

31 possesions (equal second match high)
6 marks
9 score involvements
5 clearences
22 pressure acts
206 meters gained

wait for it....
IN 88 minutes game time

Couldnt have done more and giving him this game to develop over rocky will do him the world of good. Mentioned in the gameday thread its a shame he is the only upcoming genuine mid we have.

Brisbane are a very good side with many high draft picks.

We were never going to win that game up there and not many other sides will beat Brisbane at the Gabba.

If we have to play them in a final up there we are gone.

It’s a race to the top 2 spots and I reckon we’ll need 17 wins to get one of those places.

Honestly the bit that kills me, isn't that we keep doing this stuff. *Insert PTSD Dog*.

It's that it is 100% clear that when we play sides that are good enough to beat us at our game, they don't just beat us, they absolutely tear our whole game plan to shreds. Apart from that Richmond final, we have been spanked in all of our recent losses.

It is just so hard to believe that the keys to our game style I50's and Clearances, were so heavily in favour of us early tonight, yet we were being destroyed at our own game. They almost sat back and rope-a-doped us. They knew what we had, they backed themselves in to take the hit, weather the storm and use the our high defensive press to create easy opportunities. Once they started to get ahead and created scoreboard pressure they broke down our style and ran away with it at a million miles an hour. It had nothing to do with personnel, it was a pure strategic smashing. Something that Brisbane seem to keep doing to us with absolute ease.

Brisbane are a very good side with many high draft picks.

We were never going to win that game up there and not many other sides will beat Brisbane at the Gabba.

If we have to play them in a final up there we are gone.

It’s a race to the top 2 spots and I reckon we’ll need 17 wins to get one of those places.
They had heaps of talent out as well.
We are nowhere near it.

In lighter news Drew haters where you at ?
Play him in his natural position and hey see what happens:

31 possesions (equal second match high)
6 marks
9 score involvements
5 clearences
22 pressure acts
206 meters gained

wait for it....
IN 88 minutes game time

Couldnt have done more and giving him this game to develop over rocky will do him the world of good. Mentioned in the gameday thread its a shame he is the only upcoming genuine mid we have.
Really cant knock him but iv yet to watch a game where it looks like he really moves the needle, like at all. I doubt anybody at Brisbane thought twice about him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hartlett can never play for the club again. Go and enjoy your retirement. I swear, that free kick reversal set the entire tone of the match. Other than the completely inept coach (who keeps picking him mind you) no individual is more responsible for this loss than Hamish Hartlett.
Robinson took a dive. I agree Hartlett should’ve known he would do it and not bother to engage him at all, but if that force was enough to warrant a free kick then add 50 frees to that game. If the umpires had any form of professionalism they would pick up on the fact that Robinson is a serial diver, but of course they don’t.

fu** we have some bedwetters on this board.

If it was still 2019 and we were coming up to 5 years without a finals win I'd understand.

That's some very low standards you got , making finals is all that matters

Also hey kochie

It was a terrible performance by us, but one positive is Willem Drew. Is that the break out game we’ve been hoping for? 32 possessions with 5 clearances and a goal was a pretty good return given we got smashed in the middle. Seemed one of the few willing to crash in and make a contest.

A small positive, but a positive nonetheless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back