Autopsy Swans Vs Cats Rnd... 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Y
bugger it, he/they didn't deserve the opportunity, sucked in ...

Yeah I know, i just find it funny how Geelong supporters are acting like that non mark call was in the Goalsquare and that it would've been a certain goal had they paid it whereas the opposite is true

Geelong should have won that game comfortably. If they had kicked straight, we would be dissecting a 6-goal loss right now... we will be finals fodder on that performance.

Disposals 404-324
Inside 50s 65-39
Marks 100-84
Contested possessions 151-118
Uncontested possessions 250-182

On a positive note, Hickey <3
They also out tackled us iirc

so back to reality... Fox/Rampe both come in.

This game is the exception not the rule. Inside 50 discrepancy damning. This game should be the exception and not the norm. I know Geelong were a worthy GF side last year but can't happen if we want to make noise in the finals tbh

Yep, and Mills needs to be back in the midfield as our midfield got pumped at the clearances today.

Geelong should have won that game comfortably. If they had kicked straight, we would be dissecting a 6-goal loss right now... we will be finals fodder on that performance.

Disposals 404-324
Inside 50s 65-39
Marks 100-84
Contested possessions 151-118
Uncontested possessions 250-182

On a positive note, Hickey <3
Shut up.

Kudos to Chris Scott for being gracious in the presser, admitted that they didn't make the most of their inside 50 dominance.

All stats saying we should have lost but who gives a sh*t

Can’t allow that to happen all the time though

Effective going into 50...unlike whatever that was last week. It is such a small thing but lowering our eyes and spotting targets and less hack rubbish inside 50's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a ******* win. Would be lying if I said that I thought for a second we'd get over the line from the moment the Cats got on the run in the first, but just a brilliant effort. So much credit has to go to the coaches given the stat discrepancy. 3/4 top 4 teams from last year beaten by round 7 this year. Just incredible.

If Hickey stays fit, this team can play finals this year. Most astute pick-up in quite some time.

We got hammered for much of the 1st, but we did try to attack up the middle a few times and it backfired badly. Then the floodgates opened for a bit. Wasn't entirely a defensive mindset. Certainly much improved effort from then on.

Call me crazy:

Fox into the backline
Mills into the mids
Parker forward
Hayward to the sub
Campbell for Cunningham

Don't like Campbell in the backline at all, sorry I get the fact it's there to learn patterns but he's not a defender. Shouldn't play till he can play mid to half forward.

Ling or Gould for Cunningham (although I have not seen or heard the reserves this week)

Don't like Campbell in the backline at all, sorry I get the fact it's there to learn patterns but he's not a defender. Shouldn't play till he can play mid to half forward.

Ling or Gould for Cunningham (although I have not seen or heard the reserves this week)

Agreed. Play the kids where they were drafted. Ling was drafted to play in the position Campbell is playing now and Campbell was drafted as a half forward/midfielder.

Don't think either of them did enough, though I only watched the 2nd half of ressies. Fox looked good, will depend on whether we think he can run out a game. Campbell looked good, though a few horrific kicks late, but he's young so I'd be happy enough if he was at half forward.

Hopefully Rampe is good to go.

We got hammered for much of the 1st, but we did try to attack up the middle a few times and it backfired badly. Then the floodgates opened for a bit. Wasn't entirely a defensive mindset. Certainly much improved effort from then on.
Great that we got hammered in every stat. But the big stat that matters most is that we won. Look at the scoreboard Geelong.

Agreed. Play the kids where they were drafted. Ling was drafted to play in the position Campbell is playing now and Campbell was drafted as a half forward/midfielder.

Yep. If he doesn't have the tank he shouldn't be in the side and that is fine. Play him a few game. If we get 10-12 games from Campbell this year that is 100% fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back