Autopsy Geelong Loses to Swans by 2 points - Rd 7, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

To be honest, I don't understand all the hate Zac Guthrie gets on here. I know he's not a world beater, but not many players who are in the bottom 6 of their respective sides around the league are. As long as he plays a role and does his part, that's fine by me, and more often than not he does that.
There are always some that seem to cop this. Bizarre.

Fair enough. A half minus 6 minutes.
My bad, thought Miers got injured in the second.
Anyway I'm sick of pretending that he deserves to get a game, or deserves to even be on the list
We all know he doesn't.
He did get injured in the second, came back on but obviously they made the decision at half time to not send him back out

Both guys ended up playing 38% TOG

Are you sure you don't know me.......thats spot on..
Great minds think alike.....Things are very precarious from here now, we simply must win at least one of the next two. But our forward entries need to be discussed very heavily in review, because tonight was diabolical.

In the 2nd quarter from memory two contest on the forward flank both squared to centre 40m out directly in front to unmanned wingers Stephens & Florent goals don't come easier.

Menegola, Duncan, Selwood, Smith can all find the pill and be influential but it's the other way that is causing the issues. You can chalk up missed shots but you look at the Adelaide, Brisbane, Hawthorn, Melbourne games now Sydney it's becoming a trend.

Basically played exactly the same vs North Melbourne they just don't have the talent to be as effective.

Coasting and when the pressure comes the cats haven't been able to stop a lot fell over the line twice.

Missed O'connor in that department.

On the positive Henry played well showed good development narkle had his moments. Duncan had it on a string. Dalhaus moved better & Stewart I think week in week out is probably our best player.

Duncan, Stewart, Henry, Selwood, Guth get the votes from me in that order

The Swans were fielding a very inexperienced team and were kept in the game largely by our ineptitude. Our intensity can't be faulted however the execution of basic skills was again found wanting. Disappointing to cough up a two goal lead with only minutes to go but the lack of poise and some hometown umpiring brought us undone.

We carry quite a few passengers that are being gifted games. Bews has no place in the team by any measure and is a clear liability. It comes as no surprise that once again Champion Data rated him worst on the ground.

On present form it's hard to see us beating the Tigers next week.

Regarding Stanley, he didn't have a possession in the last quarter - did he take to the field at all, was he benched for sh*t form or off injured?

Regardless, he's surely omitted for next week and it's just a case of if Fort comes in after being BOG in the VFL or if Kolodjashnij is good to go we maybe throw Blicavs into the ruck full-time with JK in the backline
Last week fans were laughing at how some were calling for Stanley’s axing. Now this.
I think he decided to put his feet up tonight .
Coach doesn’t respect ruckman so ... it’s Scott’s fault!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will definitely cost us top 4 even if we are of that quality (which I doubt)

Its round 7 and we have lost to two teams that are ordinary. You can drop a dolly once a year but we have dropped two mares and it’s Rd 7. (Adel and Syd)

We need to go 11-3 from here with 2 games at the MCG against Rich. Port @ Port, WB, Saints @ Etihad, Bris @ Bris. Prob won’t start favourites in those.

You would have to be a huge optimist to suggest there’s only three losses for us from here.

who would of thought that shocker from him to open the game would be the difference
2 poor decisions from him to bookend the game - open & last goals of the game from not great choices

There's nothing we can do about the ruck.

Fort isn't the answer to that either. Ratugolea might be long term but clearly isn't ready yet. Blitz is needed elsewhere and has his own limitations anyway when used as a permanent ruck.

The fix to this isn't currently on our list unfortunately. It's a decade-long story but it is what it is.

Man we've had some cracking games over the years. I thought the umpires were crap all night both ways & reckon I'd be filthy if I was on the other end of the last 10 seconds too. But you guys have too much quality to stay down too long. Big game next week for you - Good luck. Cheers for another cracking game.

He was our preferred ruck in the pre-season last year but was overlooked for round 1 with Fort the preferred option

Go back to 2018, we're over in Perth to play the Eagles and make a late change dropping Stanley to go into the match with Blicavs and a 2nd gamer Ratugolea as our ruck options to take on Naitanui & Lycett

With Fort showing good form in the VFL and having built up his match fitness after his own injury concerns over summer, now's the perfect time to bring him in for his first match this season
Tbh , Stanley only good game this year was against Eagles... he should of been dropped before that game.... I just think this year is different, we should of dropped players like Stanley and Dahlhaus ( Dahlhaus played really well tonight) but I just can't see that we will drop players this year ( to my discuss )
As I'd love to see Chris Scott get some balls and drop players and prove a point...
But I'm sorry I can't see it happening...

To be honest, I don't understand all the hate Zac Guthrie gets on here. I know he's not a world beater, but not many players who are in the bottom 6 of their respective sides around the league are. As long as he plays a role and does his part, that's fine by me, and more often than not he does that.

To give the kid credit, he has built up, remember when we thought he was a leftover from the half time little league- a light wind would blow him over.
To be fair he has produced some beautiful pinpoint kicks, but for a defender he still appears to float around the outside a bit much.
They must see something in him, and he has improved, we just have to accept (me too) that he's a slow work in progress.
Early whipping boy must run in the family.

I'm usually the first to jump on him for being trash but tonight he did nothing wrong and was one of his better games. Problem is we dont like him in the side cause he doesn't really bring anything to the side.

Don't reckon its panic stations yet. Kicking cost us again, should have been a cruise to a 5 goal win.
Everyone screaming for Clark and Narkle in every week can now hopefully see why they aren't in the preferred starting team.
Zuthrie was serviceable.
Henry is going to break out this year
Stanley is gonna Stanley.
Atkins must have gotten a calves blood injection using a needle that was left over from the last bloke who used it. Hard nut.
Forward line had a complete misfire tonight, that will happen for a bit, particularly on the auskick ground that is the SCG.
Higgins for Narkle next week.
Anyone for Clark, if he can't get two way running by end of season move him on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back