Autopsy Dogs lose to Tigers - Rd 7, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed. Except qualify it with:

- Melbourne are also 6-0 and about to go 7-0 and get a massive percentage boost.
- Port Adelaide are flying and if they beat a fairly average Brisbane team will also go 6-1.
- Geelong might be hitting their straps and will lift from 4-2.
- Richmond are now 4-3 and hitting the easy stretch of their draw.
- Dogs now face a pretty tricky stretch including two trips to Perth, one to AO for Port, and one to the Geelong dung heap.

Still happy? Unless we’re genuinely good we’ll be lucky to come out of this stretch at 9-5. It’s big boy time, we’ll know a lot more about this team in two months.
It’s not big boy time. Chill

- Melbourne are also 6-0 and about to go 7-0 and get a massive percentage boost.
- Port Adelaide are flying and if they beat a fairly average Brisbane team will also go 6-1.
- Dogs now face a pretty tricky stretch including two trips to Perth, one to AO for Port, and one to the Geelong dung heap.

Still happy? Unless we’re genuinely good we’ll be lucky to come out of this stretch at 9-5. It’s big boy time, we’ll know a lot more about this team in two months.
Nek minnit that team we made look second rate in Ballarat just handed Port their own arses.

And our friends down geelong rd way had a slight drop in percentage, oh a d missed an expected 4 points. Some strange results and/or margins going on at the moment
It’s only round 7. Can’t write anyone off nor can you call the top 4 right now.
Still 14+ rounds of footy to see who will be found out and who will put up a fight in September.

Statistics over the past decade and more show only the top 3 are the ones who can win the flag. 4th place is usually runner up. We are the only outlier, in 2016.

Top 3 is the aim for us, even though past trends do not define us and it can be broken, it will show we are a level above the rest.

ok the inevitable happened against richmond we lost
the best team beat us we played so poorly

but
we got a great wake up call
and
we were off from the first bounce when libba fluffed the clearance
-our mids looked flat . unsure what to do and continually choosing the wrong option
richmonds mids played their best game of the season their application was 3 premierships in 4 years level
wont be that way next time. not with our boys
(we "played that game in our heads the night before" if you ever played team sports you know what im talking about;))

and we learned that
-on the odd occasion, when we play poorly in the midfield whatever the reason, the rest of us got to go hard till they find touch, some boys should have been better prepared

and finally
i believe if we are serious about dominating in the middle jsweet/english is better than any other ruck combo our midfield depth allows us to play 3 talls + 2 ruckmen (if they are sweet/english)

If Melbourne lose to North, I nominate you to be the Kiss of Death tipster.

So why name him as an emergency? I dont disagree with what you say, i just dont get why we would tell the world he is close if he is not.
No doubt he is closing in and the fitness will be building with each match. Also think this week there was an element of avoiding doing a Jack Watts to JUH.

That's one quarter better than Schache. He was a liability from the first bounce.
To be fair I am certain that JUH would have struggled just as badly. Did we put a kick to advantage of the forwards for most of the night. At least half a dozen times the kick was well over the head of the leading player which meant they had to stop and prop. Makes for very easy pickings for quality defenders.
In my mind it was a gap in belief by the team that we are a top shelf team. We played like we needed to be 'perfect' and this caused us to overcook it a lot or panic and bomb it long to no one.
A lot of room for improvement and we didn't go down by a lot, learn the lessons and move on to next week

So why name him as an emergency? I dont disagree with what you say, i just dont get why we would tell the world he is close if he is not.
Bevo named JUH as an emergency to stop the media asking him how far off he is clearly didn’t work.

I think its time, watching JUH in the 2s, he's one of those players who will benefit from still conditions and better delivery at AFL level, he played a good chunk of the game, got up the ground a bit, gives a good release option from defense which we could have used against Richmond.

if you can afford to play Schache for 58% game time, you can play JUH

he needs a taste of it for a couple of weeks at least, so he can go back and work on things in time for another late season/ finals tilt. the timing is right, has to be in the next 2 weeks for me.

I think its time, watching JUH in the 2s, he's one of those players who will benefit from still conditions and better delivery at AFL level, he played a good chunk of the game, got up the ground a bit, gives a good release option from defense which we could have used against Richmond.

if you can afford to play Schache for 58% game time, you can play JUH

he needs a taste of it for a couple of weeks at least, so he can go back and work on things in time for another late season/ finals tilt. the timing is right, has to be in the next 2 weeks for me.

So we pick 3 tall forwards (Naught, Bruce, JUH) and 2 rucks (Martin & English)??

I'm probably in the minority but I think it can work (certainly under the roof at Marvel) and with a number of versatile players.

So we pick 3 tall forwards (Naught, Bruce, JUH) and 2 rucks (Martin & English)??

I'm probably in the minority but I think it can work (certainly under the roof at Marvel) and with a number of versatile players.
might be something like

English for Schache
JUH for a small (West, Scott if injured)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he makes a fair point. Unprofessional from Beveridge much like his treatment of Barrett several years ago.
Not at all. As a former sports journalist, it is part and parcel of the game to be prepared when asking questions. This bloke was shown up to be unresearched because he didn’t know that JaMarra was an emergency and Bevvo has answered this same question several times ........ including at his most recent press conference on Thursday.

If the journo and his mates were openly honest, they actually know the answer but are simply trying to press the club to select Jamarra. Unfortunately journalism has taken the unethical move in recent years whereby they don’t do their job and just report the news but try to influence and make the news.

Also think this week there was an element of avoiding doing a Jack Watts to JUH.
This is a very good point!!!
Remember when Melbourne threw their high profile No1 draft pick to the wolves when he wasn’t ready for the big time. And the media were doing the same by egging the Demons to select him and then continually focussed on his inability to make and impact as a player.

They killed the poor bugger.

This structure could work and solve some of our defensive issues.
When Stef is rucking 65-70%, Timmy lines up as a KPD( he would be more mobile and a better mark than what we have)
When Timmy is relief rucking 35-30%, Stef goes to the bench for a breather (Woody can play 2nd tall), then Stef goes to KPD 10%.

I don't want to see any of those forwards or The Bont rucking, It's just wrong, you don't use a Rolls Royce to take garbage to the tip.

Very interesting stat raised around us on the round so far.

They showed a piece of vision around sprint efforts in games. It had us well ahead on most occasions, like +50 in round three and + 75 in round 4 etc.

3 games this year we have been even or lost in that stat.
-the eagles when we won a close one
Even v the Suns when we didn’t show up in the third
-11 v tigers

full list
+41 v pies
-5 v eagles
+54 v North
+ 75 v lions
Even v Gold Coast
+57 v GWS
-11 v tigers

May mean nothing or may mean that we didn’t work hard enough. We know in the third quarter against both the eagles and the Suns we didn’t work anywhere near hard enough and gave up a run on and a number of goals. We obviously did the same this week against the tigers.

I think there are other reasons we lost such as cracking under pressure and structure forward of the ball but also think we lacked pressure on there ball movement in the second half and surely sprint efforts generally are to put pressure on or get to a position to receive the footy.

Very interesting stat raised around us on the round so far.

They showed a piece of vision around sprint efforts in games. It had us well ahead on most occasions, like +50 in round three and + 75 in round 4 etc.

3 games this year we have been even or lost in that stat.
-the eagles when we won a close one
Even v the Suns when we didn’t show up in the third
-11 v tigers

full list
+41 v pies
-5 v eagles
+54 v North
+ 75 v lions
Even v Gold Coast
+57 v GWS
-11 v tigers

May mean nothing or may mean that we didn’t work hard enough. We know in the third quarter against both the eagles and the Suns we didn’t work anywhere near hard enough and gave up a run on and a number of goals. We obviously did the same this week against the tigers.

I think there are other reasons we lost such as cracking under pressure and structure forward of the ball but also think we lacked pressure on there ball movement in the second half and surely sprint efforts generally are to put pressure on or get to a position to receive the footy.
Missed Vandermeer and McNeil

To be fair to both West and Scache not playing them all year and then bringing them in for such a hot match, is not good list management/development, you are setting them up to fail.
Good point but at least West had a crack. It was a terrible undisciplined crack but at least the effort was there.

Not at all. As a former sports journalist, it is part and parcel of the game to be prepared when asking questions. This bloke was shown up to be unresearched because he didn’t know that JaMarra was an emergency and Bevvo has answered this same question several times ........ including at his most recent press conference on Thursday.

If the journo and his mates were openly honest, they actually know the answer but are simply trying to press the club to select Jamarra. Unfortunately journalism has taken the unethical move in recent years whereby they don’t do their job and just report the news but try to influence and make the news.
Activists, but that’s another topic

This is a very good point!!!
Remember when Melbourne threw their high profile No1 draft pick to the wolves when he wasn’t ready for the big time. And the media were doing the same by egging the Demons to select him and then continually focussed on his inability to make and impact as a player.

They killed the poor bugger.
EXACTLY!!

Missed Vandermeer and McNeil
Dunkley for mine, the way the best midfield in the competition went missing in the 2nd half, particularly the 3rd quarter, didn't win 1 takeaway from a centre bounce. That's far more disturbing than the loss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back