Prediction Changes: Round 7 Vs West Coast Eagles + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't immediately injecting Darcy Tucker into the squad after he has trained himself into good health also direct the wrong message to the playing group? Eg. It matters not how vigorously you train, or whether you tirelessly hone your skills, as there are certain members of the team who needn't prove such things, and are simply selected on name.
Pretty sure Banfield and Giro would be amongst our best trainers, but they lack the skills and class of a player like Tucker.

Giving someone a chance for their first game of the year doesn't seem the same as giving them a fourth chance after failing three times
That's true, and I'm not so much advocating for Treacy to remain in the team, I'm merely stating that there are other elements of team selection that do appear biased at times.

Pretty sure Banfield and Giro would be amongst our best trainers, but they lack the skills and class of a player like Tucker.
Tucker does possess skills and class, it's just that he goes missing for large periods of games.

He’s definitely frustrating, but for me he’s a long way from a bad selection.
We shall see what he produces tomorrow. I think if Luke Ryan was playing, I'd be penciling in a win...as it is though, we have to ensure the ball spends little time in their forward line!

Don't understand why you would replace a tall forward with a midfielder, why mess with the structure.
I guess I’m a bit relieved because I had been thinking they may go Banfield for Treacy to retain structure. Bringing in another mid does give some flexibility re Fyfe. But gee we are so much better with him midfield.

Wilson probably Takes on the senior role in the backline with Ryan out , glad he's in form
Don't understand why you would replace a tall forward with a midfielder, why mess with the structure.
We want the ball played in the midfield and our 50 for as long as possible.
As good as Serong is his light frame got overwhelmed by big midfielders in the Carlton game , our underbelly was exposed so to speak .
Tucker coming in provides some extra grunt in the midfield then can see him dropping back into defence along the half back line to help out our depleted defence . Should allow our smaller mids to push forward.
As much as I think Treacy would have added pressure I think if the ball is at ground level we have way more run so the temptation to bomb it in should be removed.

I'm going to be bold and say I like the tactical moves JLo has put on the table.
May very well be removing my foot from my mouth tomorrow evening, we shall see .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw something on twitter that apparently Optus Stadium posted that there would be no crowds at the derby but then deleted it? Not sure if fake or not

It’s gonna happen, was going to happen and it’s naive to think it’s not. How you go from 0 at Len Hall match to suddenly 75% capacity within 8 days. It’s outrageous. The melts from West Coast will be gold
Why not announce it last night then instead of early today (Sunday)? I think they're waiting for potential community transfer before making a decision on crowds.

But what part of the structure is working?

I've liked what I have seen from Treacy so far and am well happy that Freo picked him up but imo it might still be Darcy forward that is giving Tabs that extra bit of freedom.

If that is the case then, best case I know, but what if Tucker helps Lobb stay more competative in the ruck, Darcy keeps his forward minutes and Tabs kicks 5 tomorrow.

There are a multitude of offshore options .

if we are talking hotels here's one :

There's Currently hundreds of 4-5 star hotels sitting empty in Bali and as far as I know Indonesia's international borders are open
Why couldn't the government set these up as Quarantine hubs and route all travellers through them .
They only touch Australian soil once they have been tested multiple times and given the all clear .
Economic benefit to Indonesia as well . If someone is exhibiting severe symptoms it's a 3 hour flight to Perth .

If they don't like that send em to a fu**en mining camp in the Pilbara , plenty of isolation there and 2 weeks wouldn't kill them . I lived in them for years .
I feel that there is a constitutional case here whereby a handful of returning internationals are slowly sending our country broke and into turmoil.
Farm your s**t off to a poorer country ? Sounds like the Aussie thing to do 😂

Why not announce it last night then instead of early today (Sunday)? I think they're waiting for potential community transfer before making a decision on crowds.
Its interesting isnt it??? we have a guard who has infected 2 housemates. Any of those 3 could have infected any one in the community and those people may not know about it for around 5 days. So one of them spent 2 hours at a pizza shop....Suppose that someone who sat close by hasnt read that they are supposed to isolate at home and get tested. Instead they go to see their beloved WC play. They sit in their usual spot surrounded by eagles fans.
We would then have more contacts, more exposures.
Thats how pandemics spread.
Short controlled lockdowns and in the case of crowds, lock-outs.
IF the game goes ahead with a crowd, with 3 positives in WA and 17 potential transmission sites already known, its a huge gamble.
Pandemics are always only one person doing the wrong thing away from disaster.

I guess I’m a bit relieved because I had been thinking they may go Banfield for Treacy to retain structure. Bringing in another mid does give some flexibility re Fyfe. But gee we are so much better with him midfield.

I don’t disagree but let’s back our coaches and selection team in until they screw the pooch. Who’s gonna compete with Fyfe in the air? No one. If Freo get blown out this decision will be questioned. But they win and it’s genius.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think they are probably going to leave Lobb on the field for longer periods given he’s played 2 games in a row now.

Hope they play him in the goal square, put the pressure right on the Bin Chicken’s defence, and if he is that close there is at least a chance he won’t miss.

Tucker in means more pressure through the middle, to try and and help our undersized defence out.

You have to get the ball to do those things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In 2019, before his injuries, he played 22 games, averaged 19.1 possessions, kicked 10 goals and had 9 goal assists, averaged 2.6 clearances, and 2.6 tackles per game. Not world beating stats but what it doesn’t show the work he goes in the stoppage to create space for others to get the ball, nor does it show his effectiveness on the spread. That was in his 4th year.

By comparison, so far in Adam Cerra’s 4th year he’s averaging 19.6 possessions, 2.2 clearances, has kicked 0 goals, had 4 goal assists, and is averaging 3.2 tackles per game.

Sure it’s a smaller sample size, but in 2020 Cerra played 17 games and averaged 17.1 possessions, 2.1 clearances, 3.8 tackles, kicked 2 goals (=2.6 for 22 game season), and had 5 goal assists (=6.5 for 22 game season).

I think Tucker’s numbers stack up ok. Shame he hasn’t had a good run at it in his 5th and 6th years. His potential is still untapped. And he’s still better than Connor.😊

Remove this Banner Ad

Back