Player Watch Finlay Macrae

I think he’s due a spell. Nothing wrong with that either because he’ll be better for the taste. Henry is a prime example of going back to build some form and confidence.

Better off Playing in the VFL then the AFL ;)

His fumbling and double grabbing has been diabolical the past 2 weeks but I think he will settle and make it.

He has lot of Mates doing the Same Thing and who have played lot more footy then Finlay

Fitness isn't quite there, and true enough he was fumbly today.

He hardly became stronger as the game wore on, but he inserted himself into a couple of plays in the second half, didn't drop his bundle mentally even though he was physically shot.

Back to the VFL for a while, let him play with more command later in the season.

surfer1

Premiership Player
Aug 8, 2006
coogee
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
parramatta
Fitness isn't quite there, and true enough he was fumbly today.

He hardly became stronger as the game wore on, but he inserted himself into a couple of plays in the second half, didn't drop his bundle mentally even though he was physically shot.

Back to the VFL for a while, let him play with more command later in the season.
Who replaces him. The cupboard is bare. Rather replace non performing senior players.

Jul 3, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Heat, Victory, Man Utd, Redskins
only 62% game time...

Give him a rest. Rotate him out, bring Rantall back in

This is how we should introduce all the young players... 2-5 game blocks... depending on how well they hold up

Rotate them out, bring another one in

He was cooked in the last quarter. His fitness must be a long way off it.

Spuddd

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey?

He was involved just dropped a couple marks he will gobble them up in another seasons worth of experience.
Finlay will be a very good player for us in future keep him playing.
For me, I just don’t think you can teach/learn/develop intent and desire.

He hasn’t passed the eye test in those regards for me.

Not sure what Jack was like at a similar age, but he looks soft.

I hope I’m wrong.

Jelly Bean

Premiership Player
Dec 12, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't know about soft, but certainly had a fumbly game.

I don't see any benefit in dropping him down for the game against North though - keep him in and let him continue to find his feet.

Spuddd

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Tough guy calling a kid weak as piss.
Theres a difference between being a 'tough guy' and realistic.

Why mince your words?

Should have I said:

"He's got potential clearly as he is playing AFL, however he hasnt got the body type as evidenced by the less than a tackle a game average thus far. 100% loss rate in contested situations and not a single contested mark yet shows he has a long way to go when it comes to his attack on the ball as well as on his opponent.

Will need a spell in the twos for some time to gain confidence and a big summer in the weight room to bulk up. Playing only 65% of game time yesterday shows he also needs to build a tank.

Big offseason coming for Fin, will show weather he's up to the grade or not in 2022"

May 12, 2014
FNQ
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
The reality is CFC's midfield is in disarray and that's Buckley's fault....Bucks changes his mind on a weekly basis, who he is going to back through the middle.

Personally, I would like to see the club back the midfielders that CFC have been developing for a number of years already now, Daicos, Sier, C and T Brown, Rantell and Bianco.

As for the new flock of magpies coming through, I am very excited about their potential but most will need time in the VFL before they will seriously contend for AFL spots.

Spuddd

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Frail and weak is a bit stiff, as an 18yr old after 3 games.

Having said that, I would expect he does go back to the VFL next week in order to get his hands on the pill and build some confidence.
He is for all intents and purposes the same size as Mccreery

One has the tennacity to attack the ball, man and contest and one doesn’t.

You can’t teach that, you have it or you don’t

Back