Universal Love David Teague

Remove this Banner Ad

MLG is not leaving because of our ladder position, he's leaving the presidency as he's served the maximum amount of years he can. The fact he was finishing this year was already known before this season started, the announcement the other day was about who would succeed him. His timing for leaving was set long before this season.

I didn't speak about expectations as far as finals go, I said we were no certainty this year and we never were. Expectations and reality are often two different things. Having said that we are still a chance to make finals. We aren't on a backward trend at all, you can't say that after 6 weeks.

There is no shitshow, you're doing exactly what I said people were doing, not putting things into perspective.
There is no perspective, there's only modulation of disappointment. It has been like that coming up to a generation. Its a see-saw of losing 2-3 then winning one, or visa-versa,
It's always like a half-mile, where the winner pulls up hard at the line and we finish 2 yards at full pelt behind him.
The promise has always been there, it just doesn't manifest consistently or collectively.

I like the way dees went about their coaching recruitment. First they had roos as the experienced head for 3 years to sort out any underlying issues and slowly phased in Goodwin.

We’ve sort of allowed things to proceed too far before an experienced person had a chance to correct things at an earlier stage. I’m keen to see woosha sort out a few things
I still think Craig leaving the box and not being replaced was the most critical mistake we made

There has to be something to these twenty point losses, The Eagles defeat today was larger than the combined 4 losses by Carlton this year, yet the heat will come on us because we're the "basket case", not the other teams who have given up 50+ point smashings. That's just selling papers, getting hits, all headlines no substance. In every one of those losses, we were riding a comeback, only to fall short due to crucial moments/mistakes; I've made the analogy before but it is like Al Pacino's "game of inches" speech in Any Given Sunday. The only problem is our team is yet to buy into the "inches", don't seem to want to sacrifice for it, Richmond do, Port do, and Melbourne are now.
It's definately not a ridiculous statement, but with a level of composure as yet to be demonstrated by this team, we could be sitting on top with 6 straight wins, in every game the moment came and passed. Sticks, Judd, Diesel, Kouta and Jezza would have all seen it and acted, just as Parko would have. Our immediate problem is that none of our leaders can either see the moment, nor adapt to it, and have blind faith in 'process'. No one ever won a VC with a process driven response, it was delivered by a composed, instinctive reaction to extraordinary circumstances, leadership that inspires, not hand wringing and looks to the Heavens.

C our coach has been found out, lacks the confidence in his players to deliver, will only trust the older brigade
O the opposition are allowed to run rampant for sections of the game which then define the result
M mental strength, we lack belief in ourselves, become flustered, reactionary
P polish, cannot finish off in a professional manner, too much hand wringing, not enough skill, it's called football fella's, to get to this level one has to be able to kick the bloody thing, it's not rocket science
O opportunity, carpe diem, to seize the moment
S strategic, to have a response, the opposition know that all it takes to beat Carlton is 15 minutes of sustained pressure, we can't handle it and buckle, then all that is required is to hang on to the lead. In the words of the former President, "..everyone knows, and they're all talking about it..." come up with a response that counters the manic fifteen minutes, that's the coaches job
U move aside the old blokes, God love them, but they are not the future, play the untried youth like Ramsay, Philip, Durden, etc, etc, we'll never know if we don't see them
R this season is a right off, yes by some miracle we could play finals, but what's the use if it's lead on the back of a bunch of old blokes on their last legs, I would much rather play those who represent the future and decide on the results of the back end of the season, how many times has it been said that Murphy, Curnow, Levi and Jones will not be in the next Premiership team so why do we stick with them?
E enjoyment, speaks for itself, let them play footy, let them enjoy themselves, a game is defined as being a distraction, an amusing diversion

As the dawn breaks on another ANZAC day, I am reminded, it's only a game...

I stopped reading at composure. But then I pulled myself together and kept reading

Teague would want Casboult, McGovern and
Newnes to do something today, like something genuinely impactful, otherwise if we lose again with their impact nothing much he going to make his bed and die in it as a coach. Team selection I not sure I ever seen as consistently mind boggling to me as it has in last 12 to 15 months.
We better ******* win today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm gonna say it. I'm off the Teague train
Questionable selection and questionable non-existent game plan.

Whether its because he needs more help from better assistants may be the issue
He should be given one season with his choice of assistant coaches and should have had them last year .

He is not the finished product and either is our side, let him learn, develop and make mistakes without fearing for his job. The lack of public support from our outgoing pres or anyone on the exec during the past month with him under fire is a disgrace. Hopefully this win and the inevitable pile on, on Buckley and Collingwood gives him some breathing room.

He is not the finished product and either is our side, let him learn, develop and make mistakes without fearing for his job. The lack of public support from our outgoing pres or anyone on the exec during the past month with him under fire is a disgrace. Hopefully this win and the inevitable pile on, on Buckley and Collingwood gives him some breathing room.
We will see, as long as he learns from his mistakes and can adapt as he goes.

The lack of public support from our outgoing pres or anyone on the exec during the past month with him under fire is a disgrace.
The prez said today he was amazed that Teague was under pressure to keep his job. I’m sure he’s backed internally and I don’t see why we should come and respond to stupid media speculation.

The clubs not dumb, I’m sure they can see we’ve struggled to get our best team on the park. But the way some at the media has come for us and Teague has been appalling.

Though whoever does the Sunday night show on SEN said he went through our list and thought there was as 9 that could come into our best 22. So maybe, just maybe we have more depth than other so called journos give us credit for.

Nice win on weekend, however the game was basically a replica of all the other matches, only difference was we played a weaker side - thus won. Something is wrong with the plan or the execution as 63 inside 50s for the bombers means we are not going to be beating any top 8 sides with this style of football.

Hopefully they can get things organised rapidly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back