Position 2021 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dev Robbo 40 k more than Farrar.

Robbo more of a inside type...one trick pony .
Inside mid scored poo on a Wing .

J Berry to come in.
I took Farrar this week as Matheson is coming in as the Neale replacement. If Matheson kills it Jarrod Berry could affect Robertson's role/JS. If Robertson tons up he will still be available at 270k if I decide he is a candidate for F6/M8.

I took Farrar this week as Matheson is coming in as the Neale replacement. If Matheson kills it Jarrod Berry could affect Robertson's role/JS. If Robertson tons up he will still be available at 270k if I decide he is a candidate for F6/M8.
I'm taking Dev or Frederick this week. I never normally would, but I've followed the SC "playbook" to perfection this year and it's blown up in my face every time, so I'm going the opposite this week. Ignoring Macrae.

Jeez I'm so stuck on who to grab on the DG this week.

Forward planning will see me grab one of Frederick/Murphy.
RCD probably a must if can hold his spot.

Nick Murray playing second game tomorrow, same with Thiltorphe and Maginness. Poulter,madden Jeka, Byrnes, Bryan all on debut.

R2D2 and Farrar on bubble this week. I'm beginning to think both are simply too pricey, they're basically already had a price jump compared to the others sitting below them. Farrar probaby best scoring potential but really hamstrings my ability to make trades elsewhere. Dev Robbo pricicer again and had a jump already, 225k too much for me especially with Matho in.

What's everyone else's plans? I'm intrigued.

I went Gulden -> DevRob

I'm not at all certain Martin will be back next week, he's had a foot niggle along with the concussion and after how well we did last night we may well give him another week with his Dad, so I wanted that extra DP switch and something a little safer than Rowe/Macrae/Scott who were my forward replacement options.

Between DR's definite $ rise , Gulden's likely $ drop and the lack of worthwhile on-field rookie options, it seemed the right option at the right time. Any luck he'll be competing with Powell to be the last rookie upgraded, slight worry about his role though.

Boosted my war chest to $640K for upgrades, hopefully no injuries this week so I can get on with it!

I'm gonna be filthy about Hickey for at least a month based on my current level of fuming. 400 out of Grundog VC and Sinclair eating half or more of Hickey's lunch would certainly help though. ;)

I guess this should make it safe to loop Rowe and H. Jones with Waterman as the loop player?

Let’s face it, they’re both going to score 20-30 points anyway.

Both opponents have Rowe on field. Tempted just to put Rowe on field and be done with it. But he’s a spud.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frederick (Port): job security?

Bonner back from injury.
Mayes maybe a chance?
Burton out temporarily with the rib?

Scores well, does some eye-catching things, does he stick around?

Didn't he take Jones spot?

Fredrick stays in if he keeps playing well imo.

I'll be bringing him in when lockout opens.

I'd probably be taking Nathan Murphy over him TBH. Frederick should stay in for another game or two but with Jones and Bonner back soon he might not be in much longer than that. Murphy could play the rest of the year, Collingwood are clearly going full rebuild so his job security is a lot better.

I'd probably be taking Nathan Murphy over him TBH. Frederick should stay in for another game or two but with Jones and Bonner back soon he might not be in much longer than that. Murphy could play the rest of the year, Collingwood are clearly going full rebuild so his job security is a lot better.
This is my thinking atm as well.

If Chapman is traded, would leave 2 of Mansell/Highmore/Fredericks on my bench, none with DPP either.

Feel like it's just risking a donut in 2-3 weeks + hurts a little but in the byes.

Murray another potential option if Hamill is injured for a while? Noticed he swung forward a bit yesterday but no idea of his JS.

Edit: Then again, could Murphy be a casualty when Moore swings back into defence?

Any chance Houston goes OUT until he gets his shoulder right?

I reckon that I might downgrade Chapman > Fredrick if Chappy doesn't score well today and then trade out Highmore or Jones > Murphy.

I want to shore up my back bench as it makes me nervous having Highmore and Jones on there.

Who to get rid of out of Highmore and Jones? I'm thinking Highmore as he must have trashed Rattens house and kicked his dog off a bridge.

My backline would be -

Lloyd, Laird, Short, Stewart, Fredrick, Murphy (Kosi, Highmore or Jones)

$200k in the kitty.

Last edited:
Tom Wilson (Coll) FWD $123,900 (194cm - 77kg)

30 disposals
9 marks
1 goal
Bests: #3

biff.JPG

Does anyone know what the deal is with Fin Macrae? Yesterday 23 points and this to go with his previous 2 games of 41 & 37 for a midfielder these numbers are terrible. Is he just crap or do CD hate him? Another thing I noticed is yesterday he had 11 disposals at apparently 81% but he had 4 clangers which equals 63%????

Does anyone know what the deal is with Fin Macrae? Yesterday 23 points and this to go with his previous 2 games of 41 & 37 for a midfielder these numbers are terrible. Is he just crap or do CD hate him? Another thing I noticed is yesterday he had 11 disposals at apparently 81% but he had 4 clangers which equals 63%????
He dropped a couple of chest marks because he got scared that contact was coming, very very very poor and has dinted my hopes of him becoming a very good player. Back to the VFL until he grows some balls. Also looked very tired running around yesterday.

100% he'll be dropped next week, they might just say "rested" or "managed". He'll come back in a few weeks time though I'm sure

Clangers aren't just from disposals. Frees against, dropped marks, non-pressured fumbles included too.

Only saw the first half but he seemed harshly marked to me. Was getting about and looked involved. I was surprised to see his score so low. Reckon he'll come good. Just hope he stays in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back