Game Day Port v the team that gave the Crows Darcy Fogarty for Charlie Cameron lol

Unpopular Opinion: underrated Amon is now overrated. His weaknesses are still there. As for his strengths he misses too many targets and too many goals.

He’s like most of our squad if not all. When opposition sides put some work into them and shine a spotlight on their weaknesses they turn to mush.

Too many mentally weak front runners.

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
you’re just constantly bagging out Marshall. I’ve seen you make around 7-8 heavily negative posts about him tonight and you’re one that attacks him regularly.

ive not seen one post by you slamming Dbj, the senior recent all-Aus player who was insipid tonight, or any of the dozen plus senior players who were shocking.

Carn. You're basically the "leave Marshall alone" guy.

How many lacklustre games can he play before you allow other people to criticise him?

Just the 1st?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

well it set the tone.

Trialled in behind the defenders,would even try getting ball to ground. Happy to be witches hats. Charlie as the leader should be ashamed how he quit and let Andrew’s dominated.
At least Mitch tried to bring ball to ground.
Marshall needs to stop being a decoy

their inactivity meant our small forwards had nothing.

I hate our new game plan too, sit back and wait for a mistake, shithouse unless s**t teams

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

How many lacklustre games can he play before you allow other people to criticise him?

Criticism of players when they play poor is fine

but I witness certain pgoing at him when he plays poor, okay, and when he’s one of our best.

and when he’s called out by a poster a dozen times in one game where we had about 15 much worse, much more experienced players whom said poster didn’t have any issue with them I’ll call it what it is.

the conversation tonight should have been around all-Aus defender Dbj and senior leadership player Hartlett who are backing up a great 2020 with career worst years but nah. Attacking young key forwards relentlessly unless they kick 10 goals a game is popular.

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Criticism of players when they play poor is fine

but I witness certain pgoing at him when he plays poor, okay, and when he’s one of our best.

and when he’s called out by a poster a dozen times in one game where we had about 15 much worse, much more experienced players whom said poster didn’t have any issue with them I’ll call it what it is.

the conversation tonight should have been around all-Aus defender Dbj and senior leadership player Hartlett who are backing up a great 2020 with career worst years but nah. Attacking young key forwards relentlessly unless they kick 10 goals a game is popular.

Checked that posters history in the gameday thread and Hartlett was his biggest target with Marshall getting a handful of negative comments. You're definitely getting overly defensive over Todd again.

rogerjames

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
11 clangers.. 1/3 of his possessions were clangers. He was putrid early on, when we need him..

stop looking at stats and watch the game..
His 1st qtr was shocking. Gifted way too many turnovers. Game was over very quickly and he was one of the reasons. Agree he worked hard but .....

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Checked that posters history in the gameday thread and Hartlett was his biggest target with Marshall getting a handful of negative comments. You're definitely getting overly defensive over Todd again.
Just checked to see if you were correct. You’re not.

He did give Hartlett a helluva spray after that free reversal but your statement is incorrect.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

criticise away. He had a very poor game. Georgiades was worse. Our star kf was worse for what he should be delivering. A dozen senior players with 50-200 more games under their belt failed us last night.

if you’re singling out Marshall repeatedly last night, and have a history of attacking him ill call it what it is.

PJ Power

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 13, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
criticise away. He had a very poor game. Georgiades was worse. Our star kf was worse for what he should be delivering. A dozen senior players with 50-200 more games under their belt failed us last night.

if you’re singling out Marshall repeatedly last night, and have a history of attacking him ill call it what it is.
100% right. Hinkley without saying as much made it clear in his presser that our contest in the forward line was meek. He spoke about the first four forward entries being marked by Brisbane players. Last night that was on all eight forwards. The number of times they got out-positioned, out-bodied and out-marked....and when they didn’t, they let the ball slip through their hands or butchered the kick.
Dixon, Georgiades, Marshall, Gray, Fantasia, Rozee, Motlop, Woodcock.

Got sick of Gerard Healy saying for almost 3 quarters that Port is good enough to get back into this game. Was never going to happen. With this team you know in 5 minutes whether they're swithced on or off. If switched off after 5 there's no on button to push.

Got sick of Gerard Healy saying for almost 3 quarters that Port is good enough to get back into this game. Was never going to happen. With this team you know in 5 minutes whether they're swithced on or off. If switched off after 5 there's no on button to push.

He said it with 1 minute left in the 3rd quarter when we were 48 points down. I mean, I get the commentators want to talk up the game and keep it alive as long as possible, but bloody hell.

240volt

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 23, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

I would have traded out Marshall at the end of last year when he still had some value. Everyone said I was crazy when I posted it in the Marshall thread.
I still stand by that statement.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Gerard would be perfectly aware of that. To be fair he's not going to say 'This game is over, Port having another Hinkley special. Unless you're a Brisbane, Adelaide or Collingwood fan change the channel for the next two and a half hours'.

Power Girl

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Gerard would be perfectly aware of that. To be fair he's not going to say 'This game is over, Port having another Hinkley special. Unless you're a Brisbane, Adelaide or Collingwood fan change the channel for the next two and a half hours'.
Actually it would have been better if he said if you are a Port Adelaide supporter turn off your tv now unless you enjoy trauma and pain

Back