Review Round 7, 2021 - Brisbane Lions vs. Port Adelaide

Who were your five best players against Port Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Really nice to see a few of the young guys developing and contributing.
Very good win, maybe we just have the 'wood' over Port, especially at the GABBA, so maybe they were really bad, but I prefer to believe that we were really good. Top 4 not out of reach as overall we have a reasonably good draw, even allowing for 2 games against Richmond.
We defended really well and forced them to do what they didn’t want to do.
We pushed up hard and forced them to kick down the line.
When we do that we can get on top of most teams.
The teams that we struggle most against, seem to be the teams that love using handball chains to find space.
We forced Port to kick last night and played the game on our terms.

IMO it's perception plus a slight role change.

Mitch has always had a reasonable kick when he's got time to use it. By dropping behind the ball when it's not in immediate contest he's now getting it more space so able to size up his options. Last year especially, with the shorter quarters it felt like teams were a lot quicker on to shutting down wings receiving the ball so Mitch's hack kicks were a priority. You still see them whenever he gets the ball in congestion.

Fagan says when it gets too contested we just surge forward, and part of that is just booting it forward any way we can. So Mitch's hacks forward are a planned play. At least some of them anyway

I loved this from Starch
He hit the ball at near full pace then turned direction
Happened just to the right of where I was sitting
You just felt that in the wet conditions he was eventually going to loose his footing
At least the umps did not declare it was deliberate

He was stumbling right from the start.
If they called that deliberate, the pitch forks would have come out and stormed AFLHQ.

616E8643-D2D3-4C16-B61E-281CF82A6AA4.jpeg

I don't know if this already been discussed but I think Mathieson might be some danger for next week with this bump on Wines in the first quarter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know if this already been discussed but I think Mathieson might be some danger for next week with this bump on Wines in the first quarter
I think he will be alright. Maybe a fine as he was late. But he didn't hit him high and he as able to play out the game.

I think he will be alright. Maybe a fine as he was late. But he didn't hit him high and he as able to play out the game.
Looks more of a whiplash thing to me.
Ball was in the vicinity so shouldn’t even be a fine, unless there was head contact.
Will depend on the medical report from Port.

I watched the GWS v Adelaide game earlier and still had plenty of complaints about the umpiring in that game despite the score line. Our's didn't have many real howlers, so fair credit to the umpires.
Best part of the umpiring last night was that I can’t recall a ruck free kick despite McInerney and Lysett grappling all game. Would have been easy to find a free against either but they let it flow

Best part of the umpiring last night was that I can’t recall a ruck free kick despite McInerney and Lysett grappling all game. Would have been easy to find a free against either but they let it flow
I was really surprised at the lack of frees, even early on. It's why I started paying more attention to the ruck contests, and admiring Oscar's efforts.

I have Kayo at the moment but can only watch it on phone and laptop which isn't ideal. If it weren't for Foxtel's snail level replay availability I wouldn't have it at all. From my experience it's fine streaming, does it get worse when streaming to a tv using chromecast?
Kayo have issues with their streaming and they need to fix it
Kayo (Streamotion) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Foxtel. Foxtel is owned by Newscorp 65% & Telstra 35%
In my case it is bearable. Just goes blurry regularly and buffering semi regular but sometimes not at all
My present internet speed is Ping 7ms, Download 46.7mbps, Upload 17.83mpbs. Newish TCL Smart TV 55inch
Will always watch live games on channel 7 over Kayo which sort of defeats the purpose of having Kayo

They have gone down the Telstra style of fixing issues being it is mostly the customer's fault.
As in : It's your old TV, Your new cheap smart TV, Your reasonably expensive smart TY just not compatible, try Ultra Chromecast attachment, try built in Chromecast on your smart TV, your internet connection is slow, your modem is the issue, your modem needs direct line to your TV, your modem is too far away from your TV, too many connections in household. The list goes on

The super expensive Foxtel was losing too many customers so they introduced Kayo and their other not great Foxtel Now
Netflix does not require huge download speeds. They range from 3mbps up to 25 mbps for 4k/ultra HD

Back