Coach Who Should Our Next Coach Be (Poll Updated)

Who Should Our Next Coach Be?

• Alistar Clarkson

Votes: 160 34.2%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 18 3.8%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 37 7.9%
  • Blake Caracella

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Michael Voss

Votes: 54 11.5%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Justin Leppitsch

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Craig McRae

Votes: 110 23.5%
  • Dale Tapping

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Jaymie Graham

Votes: 4 0.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg, Brad Johnson just said he’d re sign Buckley now to stop all the talk, wtf!!!! When pushed about another coach he said Ross Lyon, well I’ll never listen to another thing this flog says again. Seriously Lyon, he’s reputation of being ultra defensive and not developing young players is what we have now. We know how he left StKildas list and also Freo so I say that’s a massive NO!!!
This is yet another example of these ex-players in the media wanting Buckley reappointed for one reason, and one reason only - because it will lead to another decade of mediocrity and disappointment.

There’s no chance Nathan walks.
He is playing the game and knows the club don’t have the balls to sack him
Hence why he says “he won’t beg for his job” etc.
He is waiting for them to force the hand but he knows he has them over a barrel because none of them are acting in the best interests of the football club.

They’re all passing the buck on whose decision it will be —which shows no leadership and balls required to do the right thing by the club.

You have said, probably 100 time, he wont resign.

Have you changed your mind?
I hope he doesn’t but this constant pressure must be hard to take. Ultimately his mental health must come first.

There’s no chance Nathan walks.
He is playing the game and knows the club don’t have the balls to sack him
Hence why he says “he won’t beg for his job” etc.
He is waiting for them to force the hand but he knows he has them over a barrel because none of them are acting in the best interests of the football club.

They’re all passing the buck on whose decision it will be —which shows no leadership and balls required to do the right thing by the club.
Korda is the one who must make the call. Either back him for the rest of the year or sack him.

Saying nothing is worse.

Korda is the one who must make the call. Either back him for the rest of the year or sack him.

Saying nothing is worse.

Their silence is deafening though.
They are Nathan Buckley men.
It’s so obvious—-they are silent because the fan base will come for their blood too if Nathan eventually bows out.
You can’t be wedded to the guy and then shift the blame when it doesn’t suit.

They’re all protecting their own interests and that’s the saddest part

Their silence is deafening though.
They are Nathan Buckley men.
It’s so obvious—-they are silent because the fan base will come for their blood too if Nathan eventually bows out.
You can’t be wedded to the guy and then shift the blame when it doesn’t suit.

They’re all protecting their own interests and that’s the saddest part
One of my early bosses once gave me some very sage advice;

"Whatever you do son, cover your arse!!"

Its held me in good stead for 40 years!!!

treat me as an numpty and answer the question.
Its just a BS narrative- Johnson gains nothing professionally, so he has no incentive to be a sycophant towards Buckley.
But give me the low down and explain why I’m wrong.
These people hate Collingwood - they are dancing on our grave, and they don't want the music to stop.

And yes, if you cant see that, you are a numpty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doc - mate.
Stop treating us as fools - clearly you were referring to Johnson.
That you now are snookered because you can’t explain how benefits professionally by being sycophant you are trying a lame obfuscation
Yes, I was stating that Johnson, like most non Collingwood ex-players in the media for that matter, would prefer "Seeing Collingwood remain where it is."

I didn't say it would benefit him professionally, or call him a sycophant.

As usual, when snookered, you try to spin someone else's posts to suit you narrative (whatever it is)

Yes, I was stating that Johnson, like most non Collingwood ex-players in the media for that matter, would prefer "Seeing Collingwood remain where it is."

I didn't say it would benefit him professionally, or call him a sycophant.

As usual, when snookered, you try to spin someone else's posts to suit you narrative (whatever it is)

Ok - let’s say I accept you don’t think he’s a sycophant.
How is his professional reputation enhanced with such biases likes “seeing Collingwood remain where it is”.
That type of illogical bias would be a Career limiting move.

So by definition it’s not the reason he’s supporting Buckley, he actually believes it.
So there’s no media Conspiracy to keep Coll where it is.

Its a figment of the imagination of those wanting a sacking, who are frustrated the media pressure to assist their cause, is not forthcoming.

Ok - let’s say I accept you don’t think he’s a sycophant.
How is his professional reputation enhanced with such biases likes “seeing Collingwood remain where it is”.
That type of illogical bias would be a Career limiting move.

So by definition it’s not the reason he’s supporting Buckley, he actually believes it.
So there’s no media Conspiracy to keep Coll where it is.

Its a figment of the imagination of those wanting a sacking, who are frustrated the media pressure to assist their cause, is not forthcoming.
Its just not getting through, is it?

I never said it would enhance his professional reputation.

You just make things up as you go.

I wish The Fig was as imaginative as you.

Its just not getting through, is it?

I never said it would enhance his professional reputation.

You just make things up as you go.

I wish The Fig was as imaginative as you.

Seeing Coll stay down is why you believe he’s supporting Buckley - but you offer no explanation as to why a professional commentator would benefit from an illogical and biased view.
My point is made.

Because the football media is gigantic circle jerk, with scarcely anyone wanting to go out on a limb with a different opinion.

Because he doesn't actually watch as many Collingwood games as the supporters, so has to go along with the narrative, since he doesn't have the exposure and time to think through the issues everyone else clearly sees.

Because no one wants to get on McGuire's bad side - apart from Caroline Wilson, who is protected. Sam McLure had a go at him on Wed Footy Classified two weeks back and then backed away rather than pursue an obvious point 9that the salary cap episode last year was and is a debacle).

Don't care much for Clarkson and not available too but Sam Mitchell knows what it takes to win a premiership.

Can't pick someone based on how they come across on the telly and that they've played in premiership teams. The only way to find the candidate is through a rigours selection process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back