Autopsy Swans Vs Cats Rnd... 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Leadership, our young ones would have had an excellent role model to follow around on work ethic. I doubt we would have bottomed out like we did either.
We hardly bottomed out. Had 2 average years, and now we've beaten 3 of last year's top 4 sides, with Florent playing an instrumental role in each of those wins.

Meanwhile Hawks fans want to trade Titch, but are worried he has no trade currency.

Remember the atrocious chopping arms/high free against Lloyd that resulted in a goal? One of the worst decisions all night, did not touch the Geelong player whatsoever, resulted in a goal. Lloyd was much better last night by the way after a shocker last week.

The media doesn't remember anything regarding umpiring unless it's at the end of the match.
Pretty sure umpire paid it for holding.

According to many at the ground Longmire spray at 1/4 time was face tearing stuff.

Lucky the umpire called touch because the kick to Cameron travelled at least 25m we would of teared the forum down if it happened to us.

Umpiring is so so bad in this league to many stupid technical rules.
Thanks goodness rules were changed in 1964 so coaches were permitted to address players on field at quarter-time for the first time.
I think it might have been Ron Barassi who helped make the change.

According to many at the ground Longmire spray at 1/4 time was face tearing stuff.

Lucky the umpire called touch because the kick to Cameron travelled at least 25m we would of teared the forum down if it happened to us.

Umpiring is so so bad in this league to many stupid technical rules.
Let’s be honest, most of the rules in AFL are subjective. That’s why a large disparity in the free kick count is a generally a problem.

Different TV coverage seems to have picked up different things in their mics.

I was watching on Fox and clearly heard “not 15”.
I thought I heard "not 15" but on the channel 7 coverage they showed an angle from behind the goals that showed the umpire physically signalling "touched". No ambiguity.

Didn't show the same replay on the fox/kayo coverage so I can't find it.

Leadership, our young ones would have had an excellent role model to follow around on work ethic. I doubt we would have bottomed out like we did either.
When I think of Mitchell, one of the last things I think of is leadership

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I think of Mitchell, one of the last things I think of is leadership
Literally the number one complaint Hawks posters have about Titch is his tendency to dish off rubbish disposals and put teammates under the pump.

I'd say Florent's been the opposite this year, often sold into unfavourable positions, and working his way out of them.

Literally the number one complaint Hawks posters have about Titch is his tendency to dish off rubbish disposals and put teammates under the pump.

I'd say Florent's been the opposite this year, often sold into unfavourable positions, and working his way out of them.
I can't think of a game (or a loss to some degree) where I thought Mitchell won it for us or was our best chance to win it. Kennedy, Franklin, Parker, Rampe I can think of moments where they stepped up to win a game (sometimes in vein) but Mitchell? Not one

Not to mention Florent's been hitting the scoreboard, something Mitchell hasn't really done since his last year with us. He had an uncanny knack for making a goal happen out of nothing, a split second sharking from a pack would lead to a snapped goal. He did it regularly. I'm not sure if Hawthorn used him differently or he wasn't able to find that kind of space in the Hawks midfield, don't know, but it's been absent ever since.

I find it strange when people mourn over Mitchell's departure, because they are mourning over a player that doesn't really exist anymore. The Mitchell currently playing is very different to the one we thought we were losing. Maybe we should've valued him higher at the time, who knows, but thank God we didn't, because we'd have a 27 year old who is a shadow of the player he was in a bottom four side, rather than a 22 year old who is exciting, dynamic and probably top 3 in our B&F in a top four side.

Lloyd - a good performance
Parker- awful start good finish
Florent - excellent
Hickey - man love
McCartin - couldn’t have hoped for more
Mexican - stop dissing him, he’s been serviceable
Cunningham - not his best game at all. Injured a bit?
Kennedy - slow but irreplaceable. A beast.
wicks and JMac - fell off a few tackles tonight but good tanks. Came good in 2nd half
Papley - playing injured. Doing ok. Showed leadership tonight
McLean - nice grabs. Hold his spot for sure
Sinkers - just sinkers. Nice work to set up the go ahead goal
Gulden - marking yips. Goal kicking yips. Soooo much potential
Rowbum - not 100%. Give him another week off maybe?
Dawson - ok. Not exactly setting the world on fire in what was to be his breakout season.
Heeney. Shouldn’t be playing.

I must be on drugs.
Afl.com.au say it should have been called a mark. Travelled 15m.
I watch the coverage. I hear "touched...play on"

Isn't there like a main umpire who is in charge of each section? ie the one throwing the ball up at a stoppage, then the boundary umpire, then the field umpire 50m away etc.

So maybe the second umpire was the one who called "touched" (I also heard that clearly), but the over-ruling umpire might've been the one who called "not 15", and so his verdict was the one lodged in the umpire's report as incorrect.

If so that means that umpire was wrong for calling it not 15, but justice ended up prevailing as Cameron would've otherwise been awarded a mark for a touched ball.

I must be on drugs.
Afl.com.au say it should have been called a mark. Travelled 15m.
I watch the coverage. I hear "touched...play on"

Unpirew boss reviewed the game and situation and said it should have been paid a mark. Would have looked at both distance and if it was touched.

I don't like the whole coming out and shaming umpires decisions for results, but they opened that can of worms when they did the same thing to us in the brisbane game with a wrong call. So now they will continue with it for consistency.

Umpires do seem very inconsistent with 15m rule paying mark on some 10m kicks and play on with some 20+ plus. but fact I hear touched play on in broadcast does make me question quality and extend AFL actually reviews decisions made during games.

i thought COR had a great game... go back and watch the second quarter and he was very good. Won about 3 one on ones and his delivery out of defence and into the forward line was really good - didn’t blaze away at all and hit the man each time.

Team high 8 intercept possessions too

another younger player who seems composed under pressure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back