Player Watch Pick #14 (2019) - Miles Bergman

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, if it comes down to a choice between Bergman and Farrell, I’d give Bergman the nod. It just isn’t fair to a debutant who showed some really good signs to drop him after 1 game. He needs to be given a chance to find his feet at the level. Farrell has had that chance.

Yeah, if it comes down to a choice between Bergman and Farrell, I’d give Bergman the nod. It just isn’t fair to a debutant who showed some really good signs to drop him after 1 game. He needs to be given a chance to find his feet at the level. Farrell has had that chance.
Question: Is Miller Bergman related to Miles at all?

I remember the Melbourne footy club draft day video, when they were discussing hoping Georgiades slid to their next pick. When we drafted him with our 2nd pick one of the recruiters queried who we got with our 1st pick. When he was told Bergman he said "ah athletes". That's it for me, both have speed, endurance and can jump, they're athletes. We've added another one in Lachie Jones. These 3 are going to excite us for many years...

Not up to DBJ to give him a spray, as a matter of fact, the kid needs encouragement if anything.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I expect that the way DBJ handled it is pretty much the norm when it's in the heat of the moment in the game. As long as he got positive feedback when he responded well, that's good leadership.

Seeing him injected into the guts and turning the tide of the game shows just how many tools this bloke has. Outside spread, booming kick, excellent mark, nice height and the ability to play contested too. The sooner we get him in to the team for an extended period- the sooner we will see the weapon he will become.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing him injected into the guts and turning the tide of the game shows just how many tools this bloke has. Outside spread, booming kick, excellent mark, nice height and the ability to play contested too. The sooner we get him in to the team for an extended period- the sooner we will see the weapon he will become.
His last quarter today was very strong.

Should get his chance at it with a couple key outs now

Should never have been dropped imo

I really like him as a player and I think he has a strong future.

My biggest concern with him is that he doesn't appear to be functionally strong against the older men of the competition. He has not been able to stick his tackles and has had difficulty disposing the ball when tackled at AFL level.

He reads the play incredibly well though for a young player. Probably deserves a chance to come in to the side now that Duursma is out. Not sure whether he would immediately come in as a like-for-like replacement or whether he goes down back and we see Houston push up more onto the wing and Rockliff goes into the middle. The other two possibilities for that wing role are Mayes and Farrell. Mayes I think is past it, and Farrell never seems to be able to get involved enough in terms of disposal count.

Regardless, there's a spot in the side for Bergman now, I hope the coaches give him that opportunity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back