Autopsy Autopsy vs Melbourne - Round 7, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Again, junk time goals flatter the opposition a lot and is deflating. Just don’t have the fitness, experience and class to compete for long enough.

Take out the 4 hideous turnover goals we gifted them in the first half and they may not have reeled us back in.

They are blowing a lotta wind up Melbourne's arse & I dunno why.
Going to get flogged in September with their crab style of footy, and I’m going to enjoy every minute of it...

Last edited:
Players like Tarryn Thomas are hurting us.

Lazy campaigner won’t run or chase unless he is going to get the ball.

If Noble is serious send him to the VFL until he chooses to work for his teammates.

Talent shouldn’t be getting you a game alone. Work rate should be the non negotiable.
I agree with this.. Curtis Taylor could do with a spell too. When our injury list thins out a touch this is what should happen

There's something there and besides the momentum-killing turnovers (which are likely down to being gassed), we seem to be gelling bit by bit.

Still missing that dynamic duo setup up forward. Campbell provides but we need a more permanent option too. Xerri will help too but I don't see him as the answer either. We need a mature big body that can clunk them.

Everyone bangs on about the fitness but I think it's down to a lack of structure up forward. The build-ups that constantly hit a brick wall will push our fitness levels as we would have to run back and defend the turnover. If it does work, we get a bit of a break and can regroup if it's a miss.

We just can't catch a break if we're butchering the footy and that leads to fatigue.

Two goal half is disgusting.

It’s a mental application thing.

Simpkin with chance to draw us level with 8 minutes left. Choked.

Heads dropped. Effort dropped. Demons ski away.

Nah mate, can't agree. It's an incredibly energy sapping game plan to be instituting with the current list profile. It's also currently error prone.

The boys gutsed it out. I don't have the slightest doubt about that.

Looked dangerous on the counter at times again, saw signs of Stephenson and Zurhaar being dangerous when we can move the ball quickly. The improvement each game is extremely encouraging.

Still a ways to go defensively, we leak some seriously soft goals at ground level. We miss Taz and LMac.

We're not far off a win. At some stage we'll have a game where everything goes right.

Again, junk time goals flatter the opposition a lot and is deflating. Just don’t have the fitness, experience and class to compete for long enough.
Umpires made sure Melbourne wouldn’t be threatened. HTB non existent if you were wearing a Melbourne jumper in the last, yet had no issue pinging us.

Just like last week, we are an easy target to umpire differently.

If Noble is serious send him to the VFL until he chooses to work for his teammates.

Talent shouldn’t be getting you a game alone. Work rate should be the non negotiable.
s**t take.
campaigner had an issue with his hand and spent the next five minutes wrestling it off the deck with Petracca.

healy slizzard juice getting into your brain. Be better

And replace him with who? How many AFL listed players did we have in the 2s this week? 5?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to get flogged in September with their crab style of footy, and I’m going to enjoy every minute of it.

They're a lot better than that, but they're not good enough to play in 2nd gear against any side that shows up to play.

Highest score for the year thus far. Its an improvement, cumbersome and gradual.. lots and lots of work to be done. Perhaps the floggings on the track arent happening because our injury list is deep? Its a plausible concept. Would like to know what is going on? I’d be getting frog in the side ASAP, he is an endurance beast.

They're a lot better than that, but they're not good enough to play in 2nd gear against any side that shows up to play.
I still think they lack class and I do not trust their kpd’s to stand up in September.

Nah mate, can't agree. It's an incredibly energy sapping game plan to be instituting with the current list profile. It's also currently error prone.

The boys gutsed it out. I don't have the slightest doubt about that.

Mental in so far as you always have that little bit more.

We’re comfortable not to find that extra bit.

It’s telling.

I’d argue fatigue beat us more than anything.

Bin.

Go.

Goodwin knew it too, hence the kick & spread game plan in the 3rd quarter.

Inexperienced legs ran out of gas, is what it is.

First half was terrific aside from a few soft goals. Thought Hall set us up beautifully coming through the corridor but they shut that out in the second half.

McKay gave Brown a bath, Walker was good. Missed Bonar down there to free Ziebell up a bit. Up forward I thought Campbell had a decent game today. Larkey had a good dip in the first half but went out of it. Phillips got his hands on it a bit more today and will just get better.

Plenty of positives out of that one for me. Fitness not gonna be there this year, something we need to work really hard on moving forward though.

Play like that and we’ll beat collingwood next week.

Mental in so far as you always have that little bit more.

We’re comfortable not to find that extra bit.

It’s telling.

I just don't reckon they have it yet mate.

Pretty decent effort but just can't sustain it in the second half.

I thought most of the young guys were pretty good and Phillips gets better each week. He looks like he moves in slow motion a bit but doesn't really get caught. He has a lot of composure which is rare to see at North. Powell is such a vital player now - I was worried about his head knock because I really want to see him next week.

27 possessions for Turner - he actually might have found a spot that really works for him

Cunnington is such a star - what a game.

I don't know what we do with Zurhaar. I really think we need to drop him to the VFL for a month. He is so far off it it's not funny. He looks like a shell of himself. I can see him getting reported soon for a massive bump or something by trying to be physical to try and get into the game. Taylor also not looking great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back