Prediction Changes v Carlton Round 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
West reminds me a bit of Lachie Hunter before he came good. Just trying to do way too much when he gets the ball.
I remember Hunter used to hang around for the outrageous, no hope screamers when he first started - which was as a forward.

I’ve now watched the VFL replay, Weightman, Young, Sweet all really good. Jamarra did plenty of good things in conditions that didn’t suit him.

Out:
Schache
JJ
West
Cordy
Scott

In:
Marra
McNeil
Weightman/VDM
Young
English

Up front:
Weightman Bruce Hannan
Marra Naughton McNeil

Down back:
Daniel Young Dale
Crozier Keath Wood

English roaming everywhere and anywhere terrorizing the skies.

I hope we bring in players based on need. I thought we had done that last week (ruck support Schache and forward pressure West and Hannan) but it did not translate. I think the game highlighted McNeil and VDM’s value. Without them we didn’t appear to win ground ball or pressure well in the forward 50 (does someone have the relevant stats on this?)

I would like to see all of our passengers go outJJ, Schache, West and Cordy Super harsh on West but I think there has to be a base line for young players to keep their spot. His Game was worse than any of McNeil or Scott’s in the first 5 weeks.

I want English, Marra, and then two of Weightman, McNeil and VDM to come in. Would love to see English and Naughton rotate through CHF and CHB as interceptors leaving us with three dangerous talls up front at all times.

Is it too tall? If so, Williams if fit or Buku instead of Young.

Buku or Young for Cordy. I said after the GWS game we’re going to get burnt by Cordy on the G and did we ever. Bloke is so so slow, does not suit us one bit right now.

McNeil & VDM for Scott & JJ.

English for Schache.

West & Hannan both invisible but deserve another crack and should be better for the run, getting those two up and about is important for our side and VDM & McNeils pace and hardness makes our forward line much much better.

English for Schache
Weightman for JJ
Vandermeer/McNeil for West

English for Schache is a no brainer. Weightman has had a few good weeks and deserves a crack, JJ has been invisible. Vandermeer in for West if fit, otherwise McNeil.

Also wouldn't be opposed to any of Wallis (if playing mid), Sweet, Butler or Garcia coming in, depending on our structure.

Does VDM really deserve to come straight in on his form this year? Reckon he should earn his spot again
I think he's automatically in if properly fit. Based on his TOG, it seems he'd been carrying the injury since against West Coast so explains why he wasn't at his best.

Does make some sense though to give him a couple of weeks in VFL to get back to his normal self.

English for Schache
Weightman for JJ
Vandermeer/McNeil for West

English for Schache is a no brainer. Weightman has had a few good weeks and deserves a crack, JJ has been invisible. Vandermeer in for West if fit, otherwise McNeil.

Also wouldn't be opposed to any of Wallis (if playing mid), Sweet, Butler or Garcia coming in, depending on our structure.
I know it wasn't deliberate but it's an unfortunate choice of words given samass03 's earlier post on CTE. Agree it's the logical change if the club thinks he's right to play.

I'm inclined to err on the side of caution though and would be quite happy with the club giving give English another week or two off if there's the slightest doubt. His long term brain health is much more important than winning a game or two mid-season.

English for Schache (but would have liked him to get a few games but with English back not quick enough)
Young for Cordy ( i don’t know why Zaine is so slow seeing his dad and uncles were athletic and quick for size. Must be mums fault)
JUH for Hannan. ( I think JUH can play this role more effectively. He is very quick and agile and I know his tank needs work but he does not have to play as a tall)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West did a lot of things that would of pissed the coach off - not passing off for easy goal, giving up several silly frees. But then again if they worked it'd be taking the responsibility and we'd be stoked, so it's a fine line. Prefer we persisted as there's definitely something there

An absolutely massive game for us, McKay giving me the fear already.

Can't carry any passengers so JJ and Schache have to go, West as well.

I really encourage anyone suggesting English back in this week to watch this short video on concussion in NHL.

I’m a die hard bulldogs man but also have competed in combat sports my entire life and have seen first hand CTE and how heart breaking it is. The AFLs mandatory 12 day concussion rule has no medical basis and serious head trauma needs to be given a longer break. All leading research suggest minimum 30 days for serious knockouts.

Obviously it’s horrible for our structure but research has proven how vulnerable the brain is post concussion. I’d love to see us lead the way especially after seeing Picken end his career prematurely due to it only 2 years ago

Agree. The sit out period should be much longer, however English will still play this week, rightly or wrongly.

West did a lot of things that would of pissed the coach off - not passing off for easy goal, giving up several silly frees. But then again if they worked it'd be taking the responsibility and we'd be stoked, so it's a fine line. Prefer we persisted as there's definitely something there

I'd be shocked if he hasn't had a very serious talking to. Let's see how he goes, if he's listened and pulled his head in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back