Autopsy Round 7, 2021: St.Kilda v Hawthorn *CROUCH 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess you can sum this thread up ..by saying
1. We as lovers of the club needed to see that win by that margin with that commitment for 4 quarters.
2. The players needed to see that within them selves...'the greatest love'.
3. It started with the 'RYDER in the storm' of his best....... reeking havoc with his presence and accuracy!
4. 'We didnt't start the Fire' but RYDER , HILL, ZONES, HUNTER they did and the rest just followed suit as they 'expressed themselves'!
5. If we bring it again next week and win, winning well! Then ......
6. We may just be able to Bring it and beat Geelong....and that my friends would be like us getting the cream and sooooooo oooo satisfying!
7. Then who knows! Its a massive little mole hill before the greater hills beyond!

Kicked the ball really well. A few times he got it on the boundary and cut inside really well. Looked confident to take his kicks. Encouraging to find it 18 times from a half forward role.
And had a couple of centre bounces where he done well

Very encouraging, looks a player

We don’t have much of an option right now but if we can get a big defender to play on the monsters & have Howard playing the McGovern role we will be a better team for it.
Howard must be exhausted been doing it by himself all year, Needs a another big to help out
Hopefully he’ll have one there either next week or the week after.

will need it with Hawkings and Cameron coming up
Well Frawley was clearly seen as going well enough to be best 22 leading into the season, so as long as he’s travelling OK you’d think he’ll make us a better team.

Both for the role he’ll play and also for his leadership and experience. Which was highlighted late in the preseason.

Agreed. I like Huddo too. And I don’t care what anyone says Eddie is a fantastic commentator.
I really enjoy Eddie's commentary. His knowledge and old school style is unsurpassed in AFL commentary right now.

Hudson is competent but pretty boring, and he's got a tendancy to say really lame stuff in the heat of the moment, ie goals. He and McAvaney were both pencil necks who had to have a fake bogan voice in their portfolio for when things got exciting, but Brucey had a bit of a flourish that I giggled at with "delicious" and so on.

In Gringo terms, Hudson is a navy sports jacket, whereas McAvaney was a grey sports jacket with a purple floral lining on the inside.

I like the body type of Byrnes.

Very strong through the hips and thighs. Good low centre of gravity. An excellent body type for an inside contested beast.

I hope we pump games into him as strength-wise he looks AFL ready already... he will only get stronger and get used to the pace of things at AFL level with more games.

Higgins’ smile is so infectious. You can tell he just loves footy. So good for him to play for his childhood team. I hope we can get him that flag he deserves. Only 22 too. He works hard and will be a terrific player. Rapt with this pick up tbh
Funny I didn't see him smiling in this match much even after scoring goals, he and Ratten both seem very serious at the moment, which is fair enough.

I would like to see a bit more of that cheekiness. Loved that "Billy Bigbollocks" celebration he did during the West Coast comeback.

Probably because we kept marking the ball inside 50 and kicking goals.

They didn't get a chance to put much pressure on... because they or a teammate had the ball in their hands up forward all night.

We went into the game averaging 10 marks inside 50 for the year and took 18 last night.

Of course 30 scoring shots is massively above the yearly average too.
Yes hawthorn looked a bit like we have in a few matches this year... zero midfield pressure, ball flying in, disorganised back six all at sea.
I still don’t think that’s going to be the blueprint when we play better sides, the Hawks were terrible.

I really enjoy Eddie's commentary. His knowledge and old school style is unsurpassed in AFL commentary right now.

Hudson is competent but pretty boring, and he's got a tendancy to say really lame stuff in the heat of the moment, ie goals. He and McAvaney were both pencil necks who had to have a fake bogan voice in their portfolio for when things got exciting, but Brucey had a bit of a flourish that I giggled at with "delicious" and so on.

In Gringo terms, Hudson is a navy sports jacket, whereas McAvaney was a grey sports jacket with a purple floral lining on the inside.

Bruce would have the cravat and pocket kerchief in matching purple floral.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s missing the point anyway imo, GT didn’t rate lousy soft rucks and we couldn’t get a decent one.

It‘s no different from any other position except they take longer to develop but you can’t snap your fingers and have one appear.

Didn’t he see Spider Everett to the front door?

I like the body type of Byrnes.

Very strong through the hips and thighs. Good low centre of gravity. An excellent body type for an inside contested beast.

I hope we pump games into him as strength-wise he looks AFL ready already... he will only get stronger and get used to the pace of things at AFL level with more games.

He reminds me of Joey a bit.

Just watched the Hunter Clark candy selling and thought that he looks like that dickhead dad who rolls up to Auskick and starts playing his heart out against the six year olds.
On at least a couple of occasions every game he looks like a Globetrotter clowning on some Washington Generals

Battle at one point ran about 100 meters just to pat a player on the back for a selfless act because no-one else was near them. They must have worked on the team stuff during the week, they all seemed to be making sure that they congratulated the good things each other did.
And the saying does go fake it till u make it

Next week is huge. We aren’t winning a flag this year however biased you are but it’s about future years. Need more pace in the midfield and need Marshall to clone himself. Wasn’t best or probably close to to best yesterday but most important. I’m waiting until the next few games before I call some back as made it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back