Autopsy Autopsy vs Melbourne - Round 7, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

One good takeaway from this game is it put the whole we shouldn't have got rid of Ben Brown thing well and truly to bed.

IMO he couldn’t care less about north, he’s a dee now and back is well and truely turned on us.

Looked smug

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Oh one other thing. I noticed a ton of positivity in the group in the first half, which is great to see. Boys were getting around each other, and genuinely looked to be having a good time. It's bloody hard being bottom of the ladder in a developing team - so I'm glad to see the boys up and about, because it shows confidence in the club and the plan.

there are some around here who seem to think it should be like a funeral all the time

Surely it’s not conditioning that leads to a 10 minute lapse in the third quarter which the opposition score five goals.

True but it doesnt help... there's hope though which is good and less chance of going through season winless if they build on that

Earlier in the game they made a comment on the radio about Brown being too easily take care of in the contests. Sounds familiar...

What’s the bet he gets dropped next week

Had no impact on the game, see how he goes during the year.

Plays like this all year, then bullet dodged.

Ben Brown is a one tricky pony.

Just a pity we didn't get much out of him leaving? Or did we?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it doesn't hurt that ben mckay is still hugely underrated by most. that will change.

14 x 1%ers today and effectively shut down Brown, who kicked 2 from a toenail "Joe the Goose" and a very soft free kick.

Brown had 1 solitary mark for the match.

Prob stating the obvious but need: CHF, a good small forward that 'actually' kicks goals and a ruckman as I don't think Xerri is the answer at this stage.

Defence and midfield seems fine

good signs. mckay should be in the conversation for AA full back, how many weeks in a row has he kept a power forward quiet? save for a soft free and a soccer in the goal square, brown had no impact
He plays for North Melbourne won’t even get in the extended AA squad in fact no North player will be in a extended squad or get even close to selection for some time yet as we are hated with a passion.
The only selection by the short straw will be going on at North will be when someone from the AFL with other clubs blessing comes out and says North from 2023 will play 11 games in Hobart 7 away games from Victorian based clubs and 4 home games from interstate teams.

He plays for North Melbourne won’t even get in the extended AA squad in fact no North player will be in a extended squad or get even close to selection for some time yet as we are hated with a passion.
The only selection by the short straw will be going on at North will be when someone from the AFL with other clubs blessing comes out and says North from 2023 will play 11 games in Hobart 7 away games from Victorian based clubs and 4 home games from interstate teams.
I wouldn't say hated. Just not taken seriously.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back