Society/Culture Woke. Can you tell real from parody?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rolled over to Part 2:

No, they hire one of the unsuitable people who just so happens to be from a minority. I see it on an almost weekly basis.

$170US a tonne allows you to do that.

The rest of the team still make it work because of their individual standards / professionalism.

Meanwhile the company kills their culture and morale and don't realise it.

People will almost be too scared to talk with a colleague about anything bar work in the not to distant future. It's not even the person your having the conversation with, it could be some career grub sitting somewhere within ear shot.
I’m a little confused how $170 us per tonne fits (a reference to your work) but am interested in what you say.
Currently my issue is trying to improve the underperforming long standing hires who just don’t get out of first gear. These are not diversity hires.

I’m a little confused how $170 us per tonne fits (a reference to your work) but am interested in what you say.
Currently my issue is trying to improve the underperforming long standing hires who just don’t get out of first gear. These are not diversity hires.

$170us per tonne is the price of iron ore, it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

I'm not saying that diversity hires won't physically work, I'm saying they have no aptitude for the positions they're being put into. A lot of them aren't entry level positions, so their experienced teams will carry them until the stress of having no idea finally gets to them and they are moved sideways to another site or sent to the city where they can attend meetings, celebratory morning teas or attended presentations for whatever the latest woke thought bubble is that some other similarly bored professional has thought up while taking a dump.

Don't forget, May 9, it's Parent With a Vagina Day.

Schools and sporting groups in Victoria will be told to avoid terms like “mum”, “dad”, “boyfriend” and “girlfriend” as part of a push to curb the dropout and suicide rates of LGBTQI+ young people.​
The North Western Melbourne Primary Health Network has set up the #SpeakingUpSpeaksVolumes campaign which will bring in unisex bathrooms, non-gendered playing teams and rainbow flags in a bid to be more inclusive.​
The Herald Sun reports that the material suggests avoiding “gendered terms” such as husband and girlfriend instead of the non-gendered partner, and mum and dad rather than parent. Students are also encouraged to ask others which pronouns they use.​

Schools and sporting groups in Victoria will be told to avoid terms like “mum”, “dad”, “boyfriend” and “girlfriend” as part of a push to curb the dropout and suicide rates of LGBTQI+ young people.​
The North Western Melbourne Primary Health Network has set up the #SpeakingUpSpeaksVolumes campaign which will bring in unisex bathrooms, non-gendered playing teams and rainbow flags in a bid to be more inclusive.​
The Herald Sun reports that the material suggests avoiding “gendered terms” such as husband and girlfriend instead of the non-gendered partner, and mum and dad rather than parent. Students are also encouraged to ask others which pronouns they use.​

Surely parody? That is crap.

"will be told to avoid" is a bit strong. There is no mandate - just a suggestion on how you might use inclusive language in those settings:

Inclusive language is a powerful tool to show support for LGBTIQ+ people. It’s all about preventing the assumptions people make about someone’s sex, sexuality or gender identity. With inclusive language, people are not left feeling unseen, isolated or disrespected.

Here are some suggestions about how you might adjust language to be more inclusive where appropriate:

• Person first – use the name someone introduces themselves as
  • Consider using words like ‘partner’
  • Consider using ‘parents or guardians’ where you are unfamiliar with the person or group
  • Take notice of the pronouns people use for themselves (he, she, they)
  • If you’re unsure of the pronoun, stick with the person’s name or politely ask which pronoun they use (not which one they prefer, as sexuality and gender identity are not choices)
https://www.speakingupspeaksvolumes.org.au/get-involved/

In relation to the term 'partner', I don't think referring to your own partner as 'boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife' is an issue.

The issue is when enquiring as to whether another person has a partner - to avoid gendered terms such as 'boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife' - as they often rely upon hetronormative assumptions and don't recognise non-binary partners.

Last edited:
The issue is when enquiring as to whether another person has a partner - to avoid gendered terms such as 'boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife' - as they often rely upon hetronormative assumptions and don't recognise non-binary partners.
This sounds like gobbledegook for lots of people though.

You can see where they get flustered and lash out as if the problem is PC woke cu cks. It is projection - the confused person thinks they are under attack as a homophobe or sexist or racist and put the problem onto everyone else.

However, you hear it time and again "I am sick of having to explain myself to every new person I meet, being made to be the difficult one when I correct people on how I want to be referred to." So the person avoids or withdraws or minimises contact.

So it's no real hassle to pre-empt all that by just using some non-gendered terms like "partner" when you don't know someone.

In a very short time it becomes second nature.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's sad how they have all you dumb campaigners segregated here. It's truly embarrassing. It's high time we had some sort of quota system to elevate you dumbos.
Imagine, how good it would be, if we had a percentage of GPs who failed all their university classes and were given an honourable licence to Practice Medicine.
Prima Facie this might look like a bad idea, but the fashion industry has not suffered from decades of promoting the dumbest cat walk models. I believe most of them could barely walk when they first started.

Aside from the progressive Big Footy SRP moderator recruitment criteria, the suffering of dumb people is totally ignored. The humiliation and suffering caused is immeasurable. Lets be honest, this is a systemic issue, smart people are hugely privileged. And unlike other identity groups, dumb people have absolutely no one defending their rights. There are no writers or a single course that highlights the plight of dumb people since time began.

This really must stop. But I despair that any change is possible. I expect this post too will only attract further scorn and ridicule.

It's sad how they have all you dumb campaigners segregated here. It's truly embarrassing. It's high time we had some sort of quota system to elevate you dumbos.
Imagine, how good it would be, if we had a percentage of GPs who failed all their university classes and were given an honourable licence to Practice Medicine.
Prima Facie this might look like a bad idea, but the fashion industry has not suffered from decades of promoting the dumbest cat walk models. I believe most of them could barely walk when they first started.

Aside from the progressive Big Footy SRP moderator recruitment criteria, the suffering of dumb people is totally ignored. The humiliation and suffering caused is immeasurable. Lets be honest, this is a systemic issue, smart people are hugely privileged. And unlike other identity groups, dumb people have absolutely no one defending their rights. There are no writers or a single course that highlights the plight of dumb people since time began.

This really must stop. But I despair that any change is possible. I expect this post too will only attract further scorn and ridicule.
Great so now the endearing term
Dumb campaigner, will get thrown into the realm of offensive expression

On Pixel 4 using BigFooty.com mobile app

You know that they do that in medical school - bonus criteria for being rural , bonded medical student places and I have some recollection of preference for First Nations.
(Of course the trick is the only reason the marks are high to get in is the demand to do medicine, we are not that bright)

AN EXTINCTION Rebellion campaigner has branded cheese racist.

Alison Plaumer has launched a petition calling for more plant-based meals to be served in schools and other venues.

She wants two days of plant-based meals to be introduced in all state-run schools and for council-run events to offer plant-based options once the pandemic is over.

Speaking at a Brighton and Hove City Council meeting back in March, Plaumer claimed there was a “racist element” to serving dairy products.

The environmental campaigner backed up her assertion by claiming a large percentage of people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) backgrounds are lactose-intolerant.

"Arguably, there is a racist element to serving dairy too much because 65 per cent of the world’s population are lactose intolerant, many from the BAME (black, Asian and minority ethnic) community,” Plaumer said [via Sussex Live].

"Loads of parents around here give lots of support to this. What do children want? They want action. They want it now."

AN EXTINCTION Rebellion campaigner has branded cheese racist.

Alison Plaumer has launched a petition calling for more plant-based meals to be served in schools and other venues.

She wants two days of plant-based meals to be introduced in all state-run schools and for council-run events to offer plant-based options once the pandemic is over.

Speaking at a Brighton and Hove City Council meeting back in March, Plaumer claimed there was a “racist element” to serving dairy products.

The environmental campaigner backed up her assertion by claiming a large percentage of people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) backgrounds are lactose-intolerant.

"Arguably, there is a racist element to serving dairy too much because 65 per cent of the world’s population are lactose intolerant, many from the BAME (black, Asian and minority ethnic) community,” Plaumer said [via Sussex Live].

"Loads of parents around here give lots of support to this. What do children want? They want action. They want it now."

Discriminates against those who want to eat meat and cheese.
She is dead to me.

In case you missed it, Bluey is the award-winning, mega-hit animated series about the Heelers, a family of dog-shaped humans — parents Bandit and Chilli, four-year-old Bingo and six-year-old Bluey — who live in a gorgeous Queenslander with city views, perched on a lush hilltop in sunny Brisbane.

My question is this: Can Bluey be more representative? (And yes, I'm aware that Bluey's Border Collie pal Mackenzie is from New Zealand.)

As a parent of colour, I am always conscious of the presence — or absence — of diverse representation in kids' pop culture, what it means for children and the conversations we have around that. I sincerely believe you don't have to be 'Other' to think about this too.

We live in a world where the majority of main characters on children's television are white; where there are more animals than people of colour protagonists populating the pages of children's books.

Where are the disabled, queer, poor, gender diverse, dogs of colour and single-parent dog families in Bluey's Brisbane? If they're in the background, let them come forward.

1619940660835.png

In case you missed it, Bluey is the award-winning, mega-hit animated series about the Heelers, a family of dog-shaped humans — parents Bandit and Chilli, four-year-old Bingo and six-year-old Bluey — who live in a gorgeous Queenslander with city views, perched on a lush hilltop in sunny Brisbane.

My question is this: Can Bluey be more representative? (And yes, I'm aware that Bluey's Border Collie pal Mackenzie is from New Zealand.)

As a parent of colour, I am always conscious of the presence — or absence — of diverse representation in kids' pop culture, what it means for children and the conversations we have around that. I sincerely believe you don't have to be 'Other' to think about this too.

We live in a world where the majority of main characters on children's television are white; where there are more animals than people of colour protagonists populating the pages of children's books.

Where are the disabled, queer, poor, gender diverse, dogs of colour and single-parent dog families in Bluey's Brisbane? If they're in the background, let them come forward.

View attachment 1117090

Yeah I’ve seen that one. Sadly real (as in the woke person and their “concern “)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back