Autopsy Autopsy vs Melbourne - Round 7, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Might also be interesting to see where they see LMac best position..
Walker could very well make way for Taz, but it depends on Taz and what he and the coach wants.

L Mac will rotate with Ziebell and Bonar as the main distributors. Leave Young on the wing.

Enjoyed watching your boys celebrate the moments of success today and enjoy playing some good footy, worked hard to earn it and was deserved, a very far cry from where we were in 2013 both in terms of talent and spirit. Cunnington and Ziebell are great leaders, which is what footy clubs are built around. First side to put any real fright into us this year which is promising. Was good to see Powell go well, esp after Fritsch’s arm (which probably deserves a week or two). He’s a ripper. Lazarro too.

Enjoyed watching your boys celebrate the moments of success today and enjoy playing some good footy, worked hard to earn it and was deserved, a very far cry from where we were in 2013 both in terms of talent and spirit. Cunnington and Ziebell are great leaders, which is what footy clubs are built around. First side to put any real fright into us this year which is promising. Was good to see Powell go well, esp after Fritsch’s arm (which probably deserves a week or two). He’s a ripper. Lazarro too.
Arm? 😂

? on Thomas..Has no defensive skills and is not playing to his potential...His issues seem to be all above the shoulders...Its just a shame he cant be put in the vfl for a round or 2 due to lack of players

Positives

First half pressure outstanding
Bonar and Atu in the backline
Campbell's kicking for goal
Powell is a gem, Charlie and WilPhil show great signs
Goldy and Cunners dominate in the centre
Taz in the middle gives us something different, worth persisting
MacKay and Walker are generals down back
Kayne showed a bit in the middle - kicking still average

Negatives

Zurhaar's two missed goals in the third - absolutely energy sapping
Jye missed goal in the last
Ziebel's spoils which cost two goals
Curtis was unsighted
Lack of overall pressure on Kossie - plus the ball which must have been close to out of bounds and lead to a goal
Umpiring - all we want is consistency
Fitness and passing into forward 50 needs a lot of work

Amazing to watch the complete blind eye to an elbow to the face on Powell by the illuminati in the commentary box. Last I checked a fend off uses an open hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad I didn‘t watch in realtime. Thinking we were a chance only for us to be the stepping stone for them to go top would‘ve torn my guts out.

It is what is. Sounds like there were some positives but a world where they are top and we are bottom is one I wouldn’t mind getting collected by a comet.

IMO he couldn’t care less about north, he’s a dee now and back is well and truely turned on us.

Looked smug

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Looked like he upset a previously high functioning forward set up to me

Walker was very good today, but with Corr in that side the backline will finally have our interceptor we lack.
Walker and McKay had 5 each kicked on them by Bruce but they have both been good this year. Opposition key forwards aren't putting us away. Pity Walker is in his late twenties.

Loved the forwards leading towards the ball carrier in the first half but I have to bring up a point raised in the match thread by Snake. When things are going against us we have no half forwards that can take a grab (against the run of play) so steading the ship.

Larkey tries so hard but is not yet a commanding presence at half forward.

We are showing signs and one good forward would make us competitive.

Walker and McKay had 5 each kicked on them by Bruce but they have both been good this year. Opposition key forwards aren't putting us away. Pity Walker is in his late twenties.

Loved the forwards leading towards the ball carrier in the first half but I have to bring up a point raised in the match thread by Snake. When things are going against us we have no half forwards that can take a grab (against the run of play) so steading the ship.

Larkey tries so hard but is not yet a commanding presence at half forward.

We are showing signs and one good forward would make us competitive.
Which is ****ed cause I’m turning 30 next month and reckon Walker looks at least 15 years older than me 😂

Pretty wrapt with Noble.
He handles the post conferences extremely well. Every loss it feels like he only focuses on the small wins and it really shows that he is understanding that we are in a rebuild, BUT is extremely focused on getting out of it as quickly as possible which is so surprising. Where as it seemed Shaw was caught up in the emotion of maintaining Scott's ground work.

Each week we get small consecutive improvements - and we're doing so with a team that doesn't include Tarrant, Jed, Corr, McDonald or Polec (plus or minus quite a few experienced heads from consistent injury or concussion).

Correct.

The whole list should be checked for chronic fatigue.

Except Powell. And maybe Cunners.
They just need conditioning. Simple as that. Our preseason have been crap for years. Can't hold nobles responsible for this one. Iam confident next year will be a different story.

Having said that our skills have been poor as well. You really gotta wonder what they have spent their time on in recent pre seasons?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back