Changes for Showdown

Remove this Banner Ad

Williams was great early but clearly his tank is poor. He fizzled as the game went on, and it's not that he was poor, he just looked gassed on several occasions.

3 goals 13 touches in first half.

Only 6 touches 2nd half.

Kids getting better, definitely showing something the last 2 weeks, but has a way to go yet.

For me

IN: Bonner, Farrell, Boak
OUT: Woodcock, Burton (inj), HH

Last edited:
Williams was great early but clearly his tank is poor. He fizzled as the game went on, and it's not that he was poor, he just looked gassed on several occasions.

Only 6 touches 2nd half.

Kids getting better, definitely showing something the last 2 weeks, but has a way to go yet.

For me

IN: Bonner, Farrell
OUT: Woodcock, Burton (inj)

Think its half laziness half not enough in the tank but it was quite sad to see him not chase

Light rain predicted, we will go smaller.

Bonner and Boak the likely in's.
Woodcock and Burton (inj) likely outs.

No way in hell Ken drops Hartlett for a showdown.

I'd make Taj the medical sub.
Farrell would be close, probably needs one more 25+ game.

Light rain predicted, we will go smaller.

Bonner and Boak the likely in's.
Woodcock and Burton (inj) likely outs.

No way in hell Ken drops Hartlett for a showdown.

I'd make Taj the medical sub.
Farrell would be close, probably needs one more 25+ game.

I’d bring in Ladhams, I’m a fan and the dude has skills tall and small.

Out burton Hartlett rozee mayes Marshall
In bonner boak Farrell ladhams Williams

Fk those campaigners that played last night. Make them accountable and maybe it won’t happen again.

Woodcock the sub

Woodcock needs to go in my opinion. He has kicked 4 goals in his 7 games. As a small forward that's not good enough. I know he's young and hasn't played many games, but I get the feeling he is one of those players who is good at SANFL level but can't make it at AFL level. It's unfortunate that Dylan WIlliams hasn't progressed more, and this is probably the reason Woodcock is getting his current opportunity.
Dylan was great for the Maggies today. Continuity and games are what he needs. Improving each week.

Woodcock needs to go in my opinion. He has kicked 4 goals in his 7 games. As a small forward that's not good enough. I know he's young and hasn't played many games, but I get the feeling he is one of those players who is good at SANFL level but can't make it at AFL level. It's unfortunate that Dylan WIlliams hasn't progressed more, and this is probably the reason Woodcock is getting his current opportunity.

Woodcock makes Sam Gray look like Liam Ryan.

Only 6 touches 2nd half.

For me

Adding Farrel is like shuffling deck chairs. Don’t think he adds much

Only 6 touches 2nd half.

For me

Sounds like a perfect role as a sub tbh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Farrell being Moore/AhChee is the worry?

No problem if he's in but they need to have something in mind that makes sure he's not the same player we dropped he's had a few chances.

Bonner is in. He just needed a run and stay sound.

Ladhams did what he had to do and that was just get touch back.

Boaky, Bonner and Ladhams. 3 changes is enough?

I've watched his last 10 or so games at AFL level and he's looked sh*t in all of them. A good game in the magoos doesn't take that away.

Why is Farrell a wagon that you've decided to hitch yourself too? This isn't the first time you've undeservedly talked him up.

Farrells afl games were fairly underrated even if he didn’t emerge as a star he was pretty decent

the knock on him has always been his ability to pick up more of the ball. He’s improved that this year.
Did you watch the game today?
He finished with 31d and some kicks that even the best port players we’ve had in our time in the afl couldn’t pull off.
He should absolutely be rewarded for his game today and why wouldn’t we when heaps of players underperformed last night.

Farrells afl games were fairly underrated even if he didn’t emerge as a star he was pretty decent

the knock on him has always been his ability to pick up more of the ball. He’s improved that this year.
Did you watch the game today?
He finished with 31d and some kicks that even the best port players we’ve had in our time in the afl couldn’t pull off.
He should absolutely be rewarded for his game today and why wouldn’t we when heaps of players underperformed last night.
That's good to hear. If he can find 20+ disposals at AFL level he'll be an important player. He's got to play on a wing though. HF at AFL level isn't his bag.

You would much rather see Farrell playing AFL than a no hoper plodder like Mayes or a honest tryer like Woodcock. At the very least there is some scope for improvement with farrell and he has the pace and skill to play AFL.

There's some debate about his intent and effort but that can be improved.

Bonner didn’t do anywhere near enough today to get a recall to the 1s… in fact, at times he looked more like 2019/20 Bonner than the inspired wingman from earlier this season.
He needs a couple more games in the 2s before he is ready IMO.
Farrell was much better than Bonner today - but I think we’ve seen that he struggles in the AFL. Saying this, normally is first game or two back are solid, so there may be some merit in bringing him in while he is in pretty good form.

McKenzie did enough today to have his name on the selection table.

Williams was very good today and would offer just as much as Woodcock has.

I would elevate Hayes over Ladhams if we are looking for ruck cover and support… both were good today.

I also thought Garner was very good and might be ready for a second go in the 1s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back