Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Remove this Banner Ad

still reckon something like the below would be cool for us. curved yoke representing a yellow sun on the home guernsey and the waves at the beach for the away kit. white clash with more of a surf lifesaving theme (might not even need it if the first two are deemed enough of a clash against all teams).

just something of a refresh would be good for us as an identity. i don't mind our logo, just think since it's not a classic monogram it shouldn't be as prominent on our guernsey.

View attachment 1109084View attachment 1109085View attachment 1109086

Really like these. So much better not having our crap logo on the front. Email them to the club 👍

I see that coach Dew was saying today that the Suns would be going to the mid season draft looking for a tall forward and a ruckman.

It seems that Peter Wright played his best game for Essendon on Anzac Day. Not best on ground but 16 disposals, 10 marks, 11 hit outs, 6 tackles, 8 score involvements and 2 goals.

Is this another Lyons decision from Dew?

I see that coach Dew was saying today that the Suns would be going to the mid season draft looking for a tall forward and a ruckman.

It seems that Peter Wright played his best game for Essendon on Anzac Day. Not best on ground but 16 disposals, 10 marks, 11 hit outs, 6 tackles, 8 score involvements and 2 goals.

I think Wright was more a size and cost of contract vs output.
Can’t have someone running around in the twos all the time, we’ve just been unlucky with injuries.
If we could get someone that’s ready to go in the draft it could help.

Even Leppitsch said today on SEN watching wright play in the hub scratch matches he wasn’t enthusiastic.. if you’re paying someone that much to mope around in the 2s then there’s a problem straight up

tenor.gif

Arrived on the beautiful Gold Coast today, will be going home 2 hours before the game Saturday 😭 the risk you take of booking a holiday before the fixture is out. The weather sites can’t agree on what to expect.. one has almost perfect all week -“another has near torrential rain Wednesday.. you locals have any idea of an accurate report?

Public holiday in QLD tomorrow, safe to say avoid the theme parks? Go Tuesday instead?

Arrived on the beautiful Gold Coast today, will be going home 2 hours before the game Saturday 😭 the risk you take of booking a holiday before the fixture is out. The weather sites can’t agree on what to expect.. one has almost perfect all week -“another has near torrential rain Wednesday.. you locals have any idea of an accurate report?

Public holiday in QLD tomorrow, safe to say avoid the theme parks? Go Tuesday instead?

Its going to be a glorious week in the beautiful little city. Trust me.

Arrived on the beautiful Gold Coast today, will be going home 2 hours before the game Saturday the risk you take of booking a holiday before the fixture is out. The weather sites can’t agree on what to expect.. one has almost perfect all week -“another has near torrential rain Wednesday.. you locals have any idea of an accurate report?

I would change flights.. I think most airlines at the moment have a no cancel fee

Not sure how many people are aware of this but later this week the residents of Mount Tamborine will start voting on whether they want to leave the Scenic Rim and join the Gold Coast. It's probably the first real sign of western expansion for our rapidly growing city and would add over 10,000 extra people to our population. From a footy perspective, the Tamborine Hawks used to play in the local Gold Coast AFL competitions but I believe they stopped operating a few years ago. Hopefully our club can get them back up and running soon so we can add more local Gold Coast juniors to our academy pathway. Harry Simington is an example of a Tamborine junior who came from the Tamborine Hawks junior club and went all the way through our academy pathway.

I think adding a smaller Hinterland locality like Tamborine Mountain to our city would be great for both parties. It obviously opens up tourism options for the city for those interested in the hinterland/nature/rainforest side of things and it will be properly funded unlike the current treatment they are receiving from the Scenic Rim. Apparently locals in Mt Tamborine are currently paying double the rates they would if they were a suburb of the Gold Coast so that alone is a big incentive for them to vote yes.

Unsurprisingly, there is strong German/Swiss history on the mountain and that stretches into the 1800s so that would add another interesting historical element to our city's culture. You've got Bavarian restaurants, Cuckoo clock shops, Polish restaurants, water wheels etc up there which would be really interesting to those tourists who are into cultural/historical elements of a city. People often talk about a lack of history on the Gold Coast (which isn't actually true) but adding Tamborine Mountain's history to ours will certainly help create a sense of history in the city.

Lyon continues to reinforce Dews judgement in getting rid of him for nothing.

Plus another good game from Wright today - 13 kicks, 2 handballs, 10 marks and 3 goals.

Watched the Suns game and no clear game plan, no passion, no clear coaching - if the Pies weren't going so badly surely Dew would be on the way out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why the * did Holman get two weeks?!?! it was pretty much universally agreed that was absolutely an accident duncan's head hit the ground and ended up in that position because he was kicking the ball.

i suppose thats what happens when the AFL cracks down so hard on the "in the back" rule, when players learn the correct technique is to roll them to the side this is an outcome.

may as well not tackle anymore, it's not like the holding the ball rule gets paid enough these days anyway.

anyway, hope we challenge it. he's important to our team.

Match Review Officer Michael Christian graded Holman's incident as careless conduct, high impact and high contact, but Gold Coast will contest it was the perfect chase-down tackle – a tackle that was awarded a free kick for holding the ball.

Holman didn’t make high contact??

Lyon continues to reinforce Dews judgement in getting rid of him for nothing.

Plus another good game from Wright today - 13 kicks, 2 handballs, 10 marks and 3 goals.

Watched the Suns game and no clear game plan, no passion, no clear coaching - if the Pies weren't going so badly surely Dew would be on the way out.
LOL on que out of their holes crawl the pathetic, downhill skiing, bandwagon Melbourne supporters. Can't wait for that 90 point Preliminary Final loss.

Match Review Officer Michael Christian graded Holman's incident as careless conduct, high impact and high contact, but Gold Coast will contest it was the perfect chase-down tackle – a tackle that was awarded a free kick for holding the ball.

Holman didn’t make high contact??
Spot on, this decision is bonehead Christian at his best.
Will be squashed for sure,he couldn't of done anything better than he did.

LOL on que out of their holes crawl the pathetic, downhill skiing, bandwagon Melbourne supporters. Can't wait for that 90 point Preliminary Final loss.
Nah the falcon‘s an inaugural Suns member and diehard fan....Surely he hasn’t jumped ship to the ladder leaders 🤔

Always shows character when you attack the poster rather than address the post.
I grew up in Melbourne following the Dees well before the establishment of the Suns.
I moved to Queensland and later I became an inaugural member of the Suns.
That said it doesn't mean that the Dew decisions are right.
I would love to be able to enjoy watching both the Suns and the Dees each weekend. Having endured grim times at both clubs, I am enjoying watching the Dees particularly winning when they don't play well.
I am despairing of the decisions Dew and his team have taken and Lyon and Wright are examples of some of the shortsighted decisions but what troubles me more is that there doesn't seem to be a coherent game plan that all the young players can build upon each week.

Always shows character when you attack the poster rather than address the post.
I grew up in Melbourne following the Dees well before the establishment of the Suns.
I moved to Queensland and later I became an inaugural member of the Suns.
That said it doesn't mean that the Dew decisions are right.
I would love to be able to enjoy watching both the Suns and the Dees each weekend. Having endured grim times at both clubs, I am enjoying watching the Dees particularly winning when they don't play well.
I am despairing of the decisions Dew and his team have taken and Lyon and Wright are examples of some of the shortsighted decisions but what troubles me more is that there doesn't seem to be a coherent game plan that all the young players can build upon each week.
Who cares

I’m not getting into all of that but surely the Lyons decision was the opposite of a short sited view.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back