What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrunswickDog

Team Captain
Jul 18, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Can someone post a link to Bevo's brief.

I don't seem to get the emails anymore from the Club, even though they send me all the membership ticket emails each week 🤷‍♂️

Mark Robinson’s likes and dislikes from Round 7

DISLIKES

6. Where to for Jason Johannisen?

The Norm Smith medallist has lost his half-back flank and is trying to forge a forward-wing career. It is with mixed results. He’s kicked one goal this season and against the rampaging Tigers on Friday night, recorded just 20 SuperCoach points from five disposals, 102m gained and two score involvements. Overall this season, Johannisen has spent just 31 per cent of game time in defence, 19 per cent as a wingman and 50 per cent forward. Just 11 possessions in the game previous would suggest a) his new roles are a work in progress, or b) his position in the team is shaky at this point.

Slow news day

1620096204494.png

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
How hard is it for media to do some actual research, when a site like afltables.com actually presents part of your article for you?

1620103924470.png

Bob Rose was coach of Collingwood from 1972 to 1975. Robert Rose played for Collingwood from 1970 to 1972, then followed his father to WO in 1973. So FOOTSCRAY coach Bob Rose coached against his son Robert playing for COLLINGWOOD.

The article gets it wrong three times. (I didn't have to check afltables to know, but it took less than 10secs to show the relevant data via Google and both their names.) Pedantic maybe, but an example of a wider malaise in football media.

ScottyDogg

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray

This has already been posted in the Marra thread but I think it requires discussion here too. The issue is not Marra but the media. Rage inducing hatchet job by Purple with horrible ulterior motives.

My issue is not the criticism of our club or it’s people (happy for anyone to legitimately question any aspect of the Bulldogs) but the fact that this story’s sole purpose is to invent controversy. It hopes to be so inflammatory and inaccurate that Bevo or the club feel they must respond. Purple knows that this story has the capacity to undermine the very responsible thing the club is doing by not rushing him into the side and it has the potential rial to sow seeds of doubt in the young man’s mind.

The one benefit/funny part of the story is that it is a crystal clear sign that Purple thinks we are the real deal and he hates it. He wasn’t very interested in smear campaigns when we were down the last few years but boy oh boy does he hate to see us succeed.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What a parasite Barrett is. Fancy doing a character assassination on an 18 year old just to score points on Bevo. ******* pathetic.
In one way it’s not worth even acknowledging it as it’s such a poor piece but at some point the prick needs to be called out and held accountable before it continues.

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
What a parasite Barrett is. Fancy doing a character assassination on an 18 year old just to score points on Bevo. ******* pathetic.

Clearly Barrett intent on driving yet another number one pick into the depths of depression and early retirement. Well done, hero, you really are a piece of s***.

Bevo responds and the flog will say something like ’it (Bevo’s criticism) was just uncalled for, I’m just doing my job’. F***wit.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Clearly Barrett intent on driving yet another number one pick into the depths of depression and early retirement. Well done, hero, you really are a piece of s***.

Bevo responds and the flog will say something like ’it (Bevo’s criticism) was just uncalled for, I’m just doing my job’. F***wit.
Maybe it needs someone else from the club to respond instead of Bevo. Chris Grant comes to mind.

D Mitchell

Premiership Player
Jul 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Football Club
The word, from about as unreliable a source as is possible since the bloke at the pub gave up grog for lent and has now reformed, is that Hagan wants to take the big marks but doesn't do the Naughtonesque second and third efforts. If that's right, he'll be cooling his heels in the VFL until he learns, no matter what journalists write.

Scary_Foot_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2013
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham, Cubs, Leafs, Ravens
The shithousary of saying someone is seeking his name in the headlines while putting his name in headlines is honestly incredible. I know I have mentioned this before but the fact that Damian Barrett uses an AFL Media platform (something controlled and operated by the eighteen clubs) to carry out this vendetta is despicable and long past a please explain to the AFL from Ameet, Granty or Kylie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back