patfullfankezz

Puhuhuhuhu!
Jul 28, 2011
Brisbane!
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Heat, Wigan Athletic
Watching the bombers/bloos game but keeping a close watch on the eagles/freo game. If the Eagles win, it's good for us!

patfullfankezz

Puhuhuhuhu!
Jul 28, 2011
Brisbane!
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Heat, Wigan Athletic
As much as I can't stand Sam Newman, no one deserves to lose their spouse like this. RIP.

As much as I can't stand Sam Newman, no one deserves to lose their spouse like this. RIP.

Was it really necessary to preface the news about the death of somebody by pointing out you couldn't stand their husband?

Surely a time and place.

Sad day in the AFL today.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Was it really necessary to pull Kezz up on the way she wrote her post? You may disagree with it but seriously, it just wasn't worth criticising it.

..unless you felt a sense of superiority.

Kezz meant no harm at all.

Condolences to Sam on his loss.

Last edited:

Lion_LegacyXL

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
20210502_193908.jpg

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Richmond play Geelong and Sydney play Melbourne next round so if we take care of the Dockers and results go our way we'll move up at least 1 spot, maybe even 2-3 spots.

Crows to beat Port in the Showdown would be handy as well.

Lion_LegacyXL

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Richmond play Geelong and Sydney play Melbourne next round so if we take care of the Dockers and results go our way we'll move up at least 1 spot, maybe even 2-3 spots.

Crows to beat Port in the Showdown would be handy as well.
Another percentage booster or two would be nice as well, our next 2 games are very winnable. If we beat Freo & Gold Coast it will be 5 consecutive wins for us.

Lion_LegacyXL

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Reckon GWS are more likely than Carlton.
Yeah that's a fair assessment, depends how consistent Carlton are.Giants have been impressive and I'm convinced last night's results reflected Geelongs inability to be accurate in front of goals rather than Sydney's performance.

Lion_LegacyXL

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Going off the last couple of weeks.
Are Port in for a flogging from the media this week?
Or will Collingwood still be all the talk?
The focus looks to be more on Buckley & The Pies, Ports loss would get some criticism but ultimately its just 1 isolated game compared to Collingwoods 1-6

Lion_LegacyXL

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If we win our next 2 we are essentially half way to locking down a finals spot. It's critical that we win at least 3 of our next 4 as we play our last month of the season at home.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Geelong makes me wonder too. They really haven't been confidence inspiring this season.

Weirdly I think the chance of Syd, West Coast and Geelong dropping out is probably about the same. Sydney have only 4 games left v the current top 8 - so while I expect them to drop some games they shouldn't I think they'll be able to get to 12-13 wins.

West Coast and Geelong probably the most unimpressive form wise of the 8 (other than us for the first few weeks) but they will probably make it.

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Does anyone else here besides me think that Gold Coast are a sneaky chance to make the 8?

Apart from one really bad half against the Dogs, they have been good to very good in every other game.

Rd 1: They gave WCE a real run for their money in Perth. Led at 3/4 time before falling away late.

Rd2: Comprehensive win against the Roos at Metricon

Rd 3: Narrow loss to the Crows in Adelaide

Rd 4: Loss to Carton by 11 pts at home after falling away in the last quarter again

Rd 5: poor loss to the Dogs but did show some grit in the second half

Rd 6: Stunned the Swans by thumping them by by 40 at home

Rd 7: Put the Pies away at the MCG by 4 goals

Not out of the running yet IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back