Game Day Round 7: West Coast Eagles vs Fremantle Trados, Sunday 2/5 @ West Coast Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

JezMez

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ok you muppets

We're going to get smashed
Sack Simmo
Drop Gaff

Where are you?
You know who you are :D
Ignorance is bliss. I used to think about football on a week to week basis when I was a kid.

Here's a few things about todays game;

Fremantle failed to take advantage of our weakened state. We were shaky early, lacking confidence and were only sticking half our tackles. I would have thought the only thing Freo would have talked about during the week was "be ferocious at the footy and they will buckle".

They also didn't tag Kelly.

From an Eagles perspective, this was better than a flat track bully game. We had to work ourselves into it and be physical. Freo didn't put a lot of pressure on us, but the coralling and tempo game was left behind.

The next 4 games are more about winning - we not only have to win them but we have to be physical at the ball carrier.

Manbearpig77

Club Legend
Dec 12, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
I didn't see that coming. Very happy with the result. Still more questions than answers for our team but you'll take a win like that every day of the week.

Please let the injury gods smile upon us from here on out.

twinkletoes#17

Coaster
May 30, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
well said

a lot of posters on this board are a joke....weak as piss
Start of this thread is shameful - few around here who need to upper cut themselves.

Meanwhile Freo are an absolute rabble - losing that badly to half our B side and how they ever gave dirty Fyfe a few brownlows is beyond me. Chucks a tanty like a little kid.

Righto gang. This is what’s going to happen today.

Freo are coming in off a ‘big’ win at home against Norf. The big is in air quotes because they probably should’ve beaten them by A LOT more than 51 points given that Norf would be hard pressed to beat an Auskick side at the moment. They were paying $17 this week against Melbourne at one point.

Freo will have spent the last week drinking their own bath water, loving the fact that for the first time in 6 years they’re probably coming into a derby as the favourites. Given our horror show last week, this is probably fair enough, too. Their whole support base will be in a permanent state of arousal every time The West pumps them up this week.

We come in with a decimated back line, midfield, and probably now a compromised forward line as well given that, despite the team sheet, the Medium Sized O is probably going to be swung back to cover defensively throughout the day.

Freo come in in cloud 9, we come in with our backs against the wall. It seems pretty clear what’s going to happen, doesn’t it?

That’s right campaigners, we’re going to make a ******* statement and steamroll the purple little pricks after they’ve spent the whole week drinking their own bath water.

West Coast by 47 points. GG EZ, thanks for coming to my TED Talk. #alltheluck

WaywardSonSon laughed at this post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Team is as bad as we've ever put up. Turn of the century, 2010 stuff. Half of this team is premiership ready and warriors. Half are an indictment on our list depth and frankly christ knows how its got so bad that they are playing tomorrow. Perhaps if Simmo hadn't arse canned Schofield and Jetta out of our squad for a start.

The other half of the near premiership team that exist in the squad have long term soft tissue, and bone stress injuries that are well beyond normal and again, christ knows how it got to this.

Not confident at all.

And on a hiding to nothing, probably get belted away next week.

Sorry

There's pessimism, and then there's this.

By God the Chardonnay is tasting wonderful tonight.

download-16.jpg

I would imagine that the Cockburners would by now be sucking on one of these.

download-18.jpg

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
There's pessimism, and then there's this.
There's a knob and then there is this. We beat a team for the 11th straight time after getting flogged by 97 points last week, have previously capitulated 8 goals straight to lose to a s**t StKilda team and coughing up another win against the Dogs after Cripps inexplicably kicked into the man on the mark.

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
To be fair all the question we're legit after the Saints and Cats games.

We beat a soft as sh*t team today that completely threw the towel in. That needs to be the standard not the exception
I don't think so.

Sure, our lack of effort last week was atrocious, but the comments about Simmo and the team were way over the top.

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm sure this has been mentioned during the game;

Was it just me or were Eddie and Derm being extra hammy? Like they got a memo form the Network (Foxtel) that they had to stop being biased. I found it patronising at times.
They're always like that when a Vic side isn't playing.

Aug 31, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't think so.

Sure, our lack of effort last week was atrocious, but the comments about Simmo and the team were way over the top.

I agree with you. We clearly need to win an away game to end this “narrative” but it was quite grating to listen to how poor we are away by the experts there in the last quarter. We should have been 2-0 after our first two away games FGS, it’s not as if we are belted every time we leave the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back