List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 30, 2011
kensington
AFL Club
Richmond
I forgot to add that they also have another academy kid they want to pickup as well which as it stands they can’t afford. It’s in theory a strong draft( limited exposure to some kids last year who may add depth to this one blah blah) so teams might not be willing to trade as easily as last season, but once they get desperate it could be a gamble worth taking.

Few factors: most teams will be budgeting a top 5 pick from them, possible with pendlebury aging etc but could backfire if a new coach can get a bit of a bounce of their list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forgot to add that they also have another academy kid they want to pickup as well which as it stands they can’t afford. It’s in theory a strong draft( limited exposure to some kids last year who may add depth to this one blah blah) so teams might not be willing to trade as easily as last season, but once they get desperate it could be a gamble worth taking.

Few factors: most teams will be budgeting a top 5 pick from them, possible with pendlebury aging etc but could backfire if a new coach can get a bit of a bounce of their list.

They are in a s**t position as well they have two options to try and get more points

Trade out older established players that have currently but that will lead to even poorer on field performances

or

Try and put a few younger blokes on the table but they may just sell themselves short development wise

They still have * all in terms of key position options as well

Rocco sifreddi

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
They are in a sh*t position as well they have two options to try and get more points

Trade out older established players that have currently but that will lead to even poorer on field performances

or

Try and put a few younger blokes on the table but they may just sell themselves short development wise

They still have fu** all in terms of key position options as well
They could be selling their soul to get daicos
And be ****ed next years draft going into deficit
Their list management has been diabolical

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm pretty sure he trained with us pre-draft, not that it matters.
I am pretty confident that he will want to come home, and get out of Gold Coast. The problem is how do we intice him to come to us when there may be opportunities for him to play with his brother, or take a significantly larger wage. Chances of us poaching another star key forward from them is pretty low, but I do agree that it would be silly for us not to be speaking to him.
He actually signed a lengthy extension, he doesn’t look like he wants to split , if often the go to media rep

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Too many people in here over the years have kept getting excited by B grade trash from other clubs and breaking the bank for them. Imagine getting Zach Williams and being stuck with that sh*t truck when RCD is just about ready to dominate. Draft everyone and only go for proven A graders via FA in the Lynch mould.
Give the man a cigar and don’t forget who’s been telling ya how overrated gws midfield has always been , add to that list o meara and more recently Crouch who doesn’t look much chop

Rocco sifreddi

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Too many people in here over the years have kept getting excited by B grade trash from other clubs and breaking the bank for them. Imagine getting Zach Williams and being stuck with that sh*t truck when RCD is just about ready to dominate. Draft everyone and only go for proven A graders via FA in the Lynch mould.
Williams had added * all to their side,
Your right pointless bring in a free agent unless
It's a match winner.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Why dosent the club have these conversations with the player a year out? If I was lost managing sit down with Dimma and Shai and just say we can fast track the trade if you prefer to leave. That way we can trade him for a for a better position in the draft or team selection

Yeah they are pretty dumb.

10 years behind soccer/nba in some respects

Aug 30, 2011
kensington
AFL Club
Richmond
They are in a sh*t position as well they have two options to try and get more points

or

They still have fu** all in terms of key position options as well

Yep. They looked ****ed. The talk on their board is all about Weideman but they have nothing to trade for him. If they want their academy and Father son players they’ll have to trade a for more draft points meaning they have nothing to get any uncontested players.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
And be f’ed next years draft going into deficit
What a guy Ned is.

Aug 30, 2011
kensington
AFL Club
Richmond

It was crazy to trade this years first pick to try and shore up an abysmal off season with bright new players. They were always trading the pick but by doing it last year for a mid teens return was just arrogant. They gave themselves no room for any drop off after giving away 3 starters, including their most prolific ball winner. Now GWS look like they are going to make off like bandits.

TigerTime88

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 8, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond

To be fair the kid is an absolute jet. They will use some picks next year to get into this draft further and have a generational talent from the looks of things. Imagine if they didn’t have Daicos coming.

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
To be fair the kid is an absolute jet. They will use some picks next year to get into this draft further and have a generational talent from the looks of things. Imagine if they didn’t have Daicos coming.
Tom Boyd was a generational talent too. Imagine he doesn't come on as expected.

Rocco sifreddi

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Big deal they have holes everywhere their list is ****ed, Chris Judd couldn't help carlton doubt daicos will help them.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Big deal they have holes everywhere their list is f’ed, Chris Judd couldn't help carlton doubt daicos will help them.
Can see another fire sale at the end of the year namely Kmart Dusty.

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers, Glenelg Tigers
Yep. They looked f’ed. The talk on their board is all about Weideman but they have nothing to trade for him. If they want their academy and Father son players they’ll have to trade a for more draft points meaning they have nothing to get any uncontested players.

Let's grab the Weed just for the lols

Jan 14, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
Yep. They looked f’ed. The talk on their board is all about Weideman but they have nothing to trade for him. If they want their academy and Father son players they’ll have to trade a for more draft points meaning they have nothing to get any uncontested players.
And I'm pretty sure NZ that any academy picks can now no longer be matched if they are selected in the first round.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back