Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 7 - Eagles v Dockers Sun May 2nd 4:40pm EST (Optus) Eagles Podcast Link in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 29, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Fair comment in one way, but Brayshaw was looked on as best for the Dockers. There is light at the end of the tunnel .....

Brayshaw and Serong will be A graders imo. I know everyone rates Cerra the same as them, but personally I reckon he's a level below those two (simply my opinion, from what I've seen). Young looks good but his body looks a worry.

And then.....the rest don't excite me greatly. Certainly not deserving of the best group of youngsters in the league tag

HurleyHepsHird

Ghost Stories for the End of the World
Oct 2, 2011
Between the Lines
AFL Club
West Coast
How did Freo lose that?

WC B-Team, no backline. 30+ yr old HFs and rookie utilities playing in the middle vs Mundy and Fyfe. No home crowd. No home game advantage. Previously listless side that can't apply pressure. Freo on a 3 game streak and 6th on the ladder. WC not even in the 8. Nearly a 10 goal demolition.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
How did Freo lose that?

B-Team, no backline. 30+ yr old HFs and rookie utilities playing in the middle vs Mundy and Fyfe. No home crowd. No home game advantage. Previously listless side that can't apply pressure. Freo on a 3 game streak and 6th on the ladder. WC not even in the 8. Nearly a 10 goal demolition.
They were sniffing around all week hoping for a cheap kill.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Freo lost because their pressure and clearance work dropped off and ours lifted.

Both teams were down on key defenders, but we still have the superior forward line. They don't have the luxury of having an Allen they can put into the backline without killing their forward structure. Kennedy/Darling on their own > Taberner/Lobb. When we got any semblance of clean ball movement we scored. Cox iffy, Chapman with a Bruce Reid shoulder.

Apr 10, 2004
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
49ers, Liverpool
How did Freo lose that?

WC B-Team, no backline. 30+ yr old HFs and rookie utilities playing in the middle vs Mundy and Fyfe. No home crowd. No home game advantage. Previously listless side that can't apply pressure. Freo on a 3 game streak and 6th on the ladder. WC not even in the 8. Nearly a 10 goal demolition.
Look at their fixture. Softest draw ever.
Will be lucky to be 15th in a few weeks.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Freo lost because their pressure and clearance work dropped off and ours lifted.

Both teams were down on key defenders, but we still have the superior forward line. They don't have the luxury of having an Allen they can put into the backline without killing their forward structure. Kennedy/Darling on their own > Taberner/Lobb. When we got any semblance of clean ball movement we scored. Cox iffy, Chapman with a Bruce Reid shoulder.
I thought our tall reinforcements in Brander, Rotham and Waterman also held up pretty well.

If only we had that kind of depth through the middle.

Last edited:
May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
I thought our tall reinforcemets in Brander, Rotham and Waterman also held up pretty well.

If only we had that kind of depth through the middle.

Rotham is best 22 now. Looks very polished at AFL level. The other two look good enough to be AFL standard but are biding their time while we are stacked with talls.

We will probably drop Jones after 21 touches and 2 goals and bring in Ainsworth.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Rotham is best 22 now. Looks very polished at AFL level. The other two look good enough to be AFL standard but are biding their time while we are stacked with talls.

We will probably drop Jones after 21 touches and 2 goals and bring in Ainsworth.
I think they're all best 22.

Rotham definitely, but shouldered extra responsibility today.

DanWA

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle Sharks
With Fremantle's soft draw, our injuries and the snap decision to stop crowd... this is a monumental outcome

Fyfe fought hard, he is not human

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DanWA

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle Sharks
Longmuir will go down as another Collingwood assistant who does nothing as a coach. This is embarrassing to be smashed by half a side. There doesn't seem to be any game plan apart from kick the ball.
Eddie called him Longmire, even i facepalmed

Numero Uno

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
OMG just heard from the West Coast Australian that WC have injuries to key players and it may affect their on field performance for the derby.

Thoughts and prayers.

Can't imagine what it would be like to have so many key players out for so many games in season. Devastating.

injuries, rebuild, youth, umpires, WC media
endless excuses regurgitated non stop for years

the lack of self awareness of freo supporters is next level

Back