2nds Port Adelaide vs WWT Eagles - Round 5 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait, so there actually is no more magpies ? Which club song to they sing ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The SANFL team still has the nickname magpies, still with the Prison Bars, cheer cheer the black and the white still is the song. We've just got a unified logo for the whole club.

10-goal win against a team high up on the ladder to get into the Top-5.

Impressive!

Players realized there was opportunity to steal spots for the Showdown and made sure it wouldn’t go wasted.

We won’t, but we should make four to six changes this week. The blokes deserve it.

Totally outclassed the Eagles with quick ball movement. We exposed their small back line by kicking the ball in quickly and to the advantage of our forwards. Edwards and Williams benefited from this. Pity our AFL side couldn't offer this on Saturday night. Great game lots of positives.

Were we told or forced to make a unified logo ? Slowly but surely they will deny us the prison bar. Cnuts !!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We did it on our own accord. It was long overdue to have a unified club logo. And I’m glad the Prison Bars is front and centre on it. As well as more emphasis on the club name (Port Adelaide) rather than nicknames.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10-goal win against a team high up on the ladder to get into the Top-5.

Impressive!

Players realized there was opportunity to steal spots for the Showdown and made sure it wouldn’t go wasted.

We won’t, but we should make four to six changes this week. The blokes deserve it.
And we did it with 11 top up players. Its why I said the 2nd quarter is the best I have seen the Maggies play since reunification in 2014. If we have played a better quarter than that since 2014, we probably had 15-17 AFL squad players in the team that day.

WWT only had 8 premiership players - they lost 7 in last years draft to AFL sides - but they also had 3 or 4 ex AFL players added to their squad for 2021 and a lot of guys who played SANFL in 2020 or earlier and several players who won a reserves GF for the Eagles last year.

That's what you want to see after the A grade got belted, half a dozen players say, pick me I played bloody well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back