Autopsy Swans Vs Cats Rnd... 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Our midfielders are not needed at centre bounces. He plays all 4 roles himself.

That he does, though I think he needs to stop doing so as his clearances are just blind bombs. I do not subscribe to the worship of big men who win their own clearances. He burnt the quicker and more skilful Florent on two occasions at stoppages last night, wrong decisions that were lauded by the commentators. Nothing worth lauding about a big man moving like a dinosaur trying to do the work of the guys more suited to that.

Other than that he is the ideal big man and has been our best player this year bar none. Unbelievable recruit.

Our midfielders are not needed at centre bounces. He plays all 4 roles himself.

yes, i thought that a bit last night, and not just centre bounces, anywhere in the forward 50 too ... just get the mids to clear space, give the Lion King room to get it on his boot ... we know he doesn't miss

That he does, though I think he needs to stop doing so as his clearances are just blind bombs. I do not subscribe to the worship of big men who win their own clearances. He burnt the quicker and more skilful Florent on two occasions at stoppages last night, wrong decisions that were lauded by the commentators. Nothing worth lauding about a big man moving like a dinosaur trying to do the work of the guys more suited to that.

Other than that he is the ideal big man and has been our best player this year bar none. Unbelievable recruit.

Just the previous week Stanley outplayed Nic Nat so clearly in top form Hickey swatted him aside.

Titch wasn't a leader's ass. He left the club of his grandfather for cash.
Imagine leaving the club of your father AND grandfather for a better offer

Hawthorn+Hawks+Training+Session+A36V-RtMEdCx.jpg

We didn't make Mitchell a good enough offer, another club did, he left. We lost that one and we won the Kennedy one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. Kick the great goal, Take the pats on the back from your mates and then focus on the next contest.

Prancing around like Mick Jagger and thinking Brandon Flowers wrote " The Man " about you is not required from an individual in such a selfless group.

Papley and his celebrations border on him being certified mentally insane but they don't have any look at me about them.
I don't mind Paps. He gets around the other forwards, barking like an angry dog stirring up other dogs. Buddy struts a bit when he's on but it's the cocky strut of a powerful forward on his way to another big bag. He acknowledges any goal assist and gets around the boys. I watched Reid kicked his 6th goal against Collingwood, a banana from 40m hard on the boundary to drag the Swans back to within 3 points, he was on fire but he simply raises a fist. Buddy kicked another soon after. He raised a fist and pointed to Papley for giving him the assist. Blakey kicked another key goal. He raises his fist and pumps up the forwards.

It's up to players how they want to act when they kick a goal, but McInerney is like a peacock. Strutting and preening. I can't see how he inspires himself or others.

Imagine leaving the club of your father AND grandfather for a better offer

Hawthorn+Hawks+Training+Session+A36V-RtMEdCx.jpg

We didn't make Mitchell a good enough offer, another club did, he left. We lost that one and we won the Kennedy one.
Titch left for money, not for game time. JPK left for games. We got Florent for Titch. That alone was worth it

I don't mind Paps. He gets around the other forwards, barking like an angry dog stirring up other dogs. Buddy struts a bit when he's on but it's the cocky strut of a powerful forward on his way to another big bag. He acknowledges any goal assist and gets around the boys. I watched Reid kicked his 6th goal against Collingwood, a banana from 40m hard on the boundary to drag the Swans back to within 3 points, he was on fire but he simply raises a fist. Buddy kicked another soon after. He raised a fist and pointed to Papley for giving him the assist. Blakey kicked another key goal. He raises his fist and pumps up the forwards.

It's up to players how they want to act when they kick a goal, but McInerney is like a peacock. Strutting and preening. I can't see how he inspires himself or others.

those pesky kids ...
i don't like showboating at all but mcinerney had just been belted after taking the mark, no free kick, he goes back on the tough angle and just kicks it anyway, reckon he was entitled to feel pretty good about himself ... not sure about it after every goal but that one would've felt pretty good

Parker will take an early plea and pay $2000 and be available next week. I honestly thought there was nothing in that so I'm surprised it wasn't thrown out.

Yes mate I have seen them in close games and I am glad he was not given the opportunity but I am convinced it would have been near a miracle goal to win it. Just understand one thing. He was not able to take one step off his line if that siren goes and it would of.

Depends where they set the mark he took it here just past the goal post his momentum and defence put him closer to the point post. Depends how the ump sets it which can be interpretation. You can now start from an angle and run in as long as the release is in line with the mark set. If they put the man on the mark where the pic shows then relatively easy shot IMO if they set the mark when he finally stopped then I agree tough kick.

Attachments

• E1585680-8F9A-4651-98B3-44A27E1C7CF1.jpeg
    E1585680-8F9A-4651-98B3-44A27E1C7CF1.jpeg
    65.5 KB · Views: 39
This whole business of focusing on one decision trying to unofficially overturn the decision when you can't is pathetic. More so because AFL then has an official look at the decision to officially unofficially overturn it. What? .......so a whole club, it's supporters and officials can console themselves with the fact they actually won the game when they didn't.

If you want to look at the game as a whole I thought the umpires treated Geelong favourably. They got away with blue murder around HTB and incorrect disposal decisions. We managed to win despite the subconscious bias against us. We move on not the least because we OFFICIALLY won.

Ffs let the man enjoy a few kicks. He is playing on one leg and single handedly keeping our midfield in the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back