Game Day Carlton Reserves Game Day Discussion Rnds 2 - 19

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve got no issues in bringing in TDK or LOB either.

TDK playing Cas’s role should last for most of the game if we manage it properly. Cannot be any worse than Cas is right now.

Indeed, sir. Absolutely no reason to keep TDK waiting. If he can ruck half the game in VFL, he can be a standing target in forward 50 and do 3-4 centre bounces a game like Levi.

I’ve got no issues in bringing in TDK or LOB either.

TDK playing Cas’s role should last for most of the game if we manage it properly. Cannot be any worse than Cas is right now.
I said that during the week... TDK for Cas, but after a couple of weeks in the VFL to get up to speed. LOB is another week in the VFL just to reinforce what we want from him on the wing. But I would definitely be bringing in Honey for Gibbo next week if Gibbo has another bad week!

Crocker is good but maybe a bit short - if Curnow and McGovern are out still I'd look at Wooler to replace omac as the reserve tall
Wooller might be a good option. He would be coming in to stand in for Marchbank though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know what the deal is with Philp?
I think that I saw something yesterday... he was being withdrawn from the game because of a foot injury. Was just a precaution I think. We'll find out when the medical report comes out.

ty Dram - would love to see our 2019 draftees get a decent run at it
Ok... from what I've gleemed from the medical videos and the VFL reports.
Kemp - still working him back off his injury setback. Still a couple of weeks off.
Philp - Was good in the first game of the VFL seasons after being impressive in the VFL practice matches. Withdrawn from the match. Maybe someone else can fill in my rumour of why he was pulled.
Ramsey - Impressive in both of his games in the VFL. Was working off the half-forward flank rotating up onto the wing at times. I haven't seen the match report yet for the VFL win over the bummers... but I'll update this when I do.
Honey... impressive again and from what someone told me in the autopsy thread, he nailed one from the 50. He was a jugganaut last weekend and should have had 4 instead of 2.
And... I haven't heard anything about Phillips so far.

Thought Crocker acquitted himself last year, just didn’t impact much playing in a dysfunctional forwardline. Was always depth at Collingwood, who have a bunch of small and mid sized forwards and probably didn’t have the runs on the board or the talent to become a staple in their 22.

That being said I’m not sure who he’d replace in our current side if he got a spot on the list.

Thought Crocker acquitted himself last year, just didn’t impact much playing in a dysfunctional forwardline. Was always depth at Collingwood, who have a bunch of small and mid sized forwards and probably didn’t have the runs on the board or the talent to become a staple in their 22.

That being said I’m not sure who he’d replace in our current side if he got a spot on the list.
Gibbons …

Competition for McGovern and silvagni although shorter than both by a fair bit. Sort of a Tim membry light.

I think that I saw something yesterday... he was being withdrawn from the game because of a foot injury. Was just a precaution I think. We'll find out when the medical report comes out.

Apparently he's hurt his hip again and is likely to be out for a couple of weeks. I reckon they mismanaged his game time and played him a bit too much too soon.

Just watched the replay. Some general thoughts:
- Newman came back in very good touch. Was very clean and decisive, with typically good disposal. Should be knocking on the door in the AFL in a couple of weeks.
- TDK would benefit from another game or two before an AFL recall, although Casboult looks in desperate need of a spell which might fast track TDK's selection.
- Durdin wasn't involved a lot but everything he did was good. He's a smart footballer.
- O'Brien is looking really confident and his kicking was outstanding in windy conditions. Certainly putting pressure on Newnes and Cottrell for a recall.
- Setterfield was good but there probably isn't an inside mid spot available to him in the 1s.
- I really enjoyed Honey's game. He was aggressive in putting pressure on and clean with his handling, decision making and execution of skills. I think he'd be ready to perform in the 1s should an opportunity arise. I imagine if he was running into F50 instead of Gibbons he may have gotten to that long ball instead of being so easily overtaken by Hind.

Re: VFL players
- I can understand the logic that two clubs have delisted Crocker which would probably suggest he's not quite up to the level but boy is he dominant at this level. He's certainly putting his hand up for a third crack.
- I really really like Radovanovic. I think he's got the tools to make it in the AFL and would be more than happy to see us pick him up. Good athlete, strong, tough, good poise, decision making and skills.

Last edited:
Apparently he's hurt his hip again and is likely to be out for a couple of weeks. I reckon they mismanaged his game time and played him a bit too much too soon.
More than likely... how many times did they mismanage Kreuzer as he was coming back from injury?

Just watched the replay. Some general thoughts:
- Newman came back in very good touch. Was very clean and decisive, with typically good disposal. Should be knocking on the door in the AFL in a couple of weeks.
- TDK would benefit from another game or two before an AFL recall, although Casboult looks in desperate need of a spell which might fast track TDK's selection.
- Durdin wasn't involved a lot but everything he did was good. He's a smart footballer.
- O'Brien is looking really confident and his kicking was outstanding in windy conditions. Certainly putting pressure on Newnes and Cottrell for a recall.
- Setterfield was good but there probably isn't an inside mid spot available to him in the 1s.
- I really enjoyed Honey's game. He was aggressive in putting pressure on and clean with his handling, decision making and execution of skills. I think he'd be ready to perform in the 1s should an opportunity arise. I imagine if he was running into F50 instead of Gibbons he may have gotten to that long ball instead of being so easily overtaken by Hind.

Re: VFL players
- I can understand the logic that two clubs have delisted Crocker which would probably suggest he's not quite up to the level but boy is he dominant at this level. He's certainly putting his hand up for a third crack.
- I really really like Radovanovic. I think he's got the tools to make it in the AFL and would be more than happy to see us pick him up. Good athlete, strong, tough, good poise, decision making and skills.
At the pies he was behind Elliot, Stephenson, Hoskin Elliot, Thomas and Degoey as a midsized forward for what should be one of 3 spots.

List sizes being cut last year wouldn't have help him keeping his spot at the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back