Fremantle Under Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

Does today’s belting bode well?

Still sitting 4-3, but wins have been over GWS (10th), Adelaide (12th), Hawthorn (16th) and North Melbourne (18th).

Tough draw coming up, especially in the back half of the year and being essentially carried by their gun older players and Brayshaw today.

Interesting few weeks for the club.
Freo were garbage today plain and simple. Ok the 1st half was good but the 2nd half was beyond weak.

I have said this about Freos draw. These 7 games were easily the best part of the draw.

The next 8 is ok. But the last 7 games are brtual with cats, tigers and Eagles at home. The away games are hawks in Tassie, swans at SCG, Brisbane at the Gabba and saints at the Docklands.

So yeah..... I predicted Freo will win 2-4 more games from now until the end of the season, most likely those wins will come between rounds 8-16.

Saying that, I am glad we got those wins at home vs GWS, north and hawks.

To hell with going 0-10 like Freo did in 2016 or 0-13 like the crows did in 2020

Does today’s belting bode well?

Still sitting 4-3, but wins have been over GWS (10th), Adelaide (12th), Hawthorn (16th) and North Melbourne (18th).

Tough draw coming up, especially in the back half of the year and being essentially carried by their gun older players and Brayshaw today.

Interesting few weeks for the club.
Oh look, Carlton must have won.

It’s a reasonable question surely?

Fremantle are still decidedly middle-of-the-road, haven’t beaten a team above them on the ladder and their best players this season have been their veterans.

Bottom 5-10 players look very poor.
Depends on the day. Similar to Carlton. Saying that Carlton were not too bad vs Richmond and they belted Freo and beat Essendon.

Saying that.... Freo vs Essendon is round 9 is on Docklands. Got Brisbane in Perth coming Up.

Not sure beating up on bottom 10 teams needs much discussion?

It’s the big losses to mid-range teams that’s cause for concern.
Thats true.... The Carlton game concerned me due to how much Carlton beat us by.

The derby loss was bad. Mainly due to the final margin and both teams had outs with injuries

Walters and Fyfe aside, Fremantle lack quality senior players at the top that can complement their young core.
Mundy's in AA form. Walters is a long way from his best. Luke Ryan - another AA quality player - was a huge loss. As was Cerra.

Overall though I feel like Conca, Wilson, Aish, Acres, Lobb, Taberner, Tucker should at least break even with their opponents.

The Eagles backline, fringe mids and fringe forwards today weren't the kind of players that should dominate any side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mundy's in AA form. Walters is a long way from his best. Luke Ryan - another AA quality player - was a huge loss. As was Cerra.

Overall though I feel like Conca, Wilson, Aish, Acres, Lobb, Taberner, Tucker should at least break even with their opponents.

The Eagles backline, fringe mids and fringe forwards today weren't the kind of players that should dominate any side.
Mind you the eagles were a Major step up to the last 2 opponents Freo has had, north in Perth and crows in Adelaide oval

Fair comment.

The only adjustment I would make is take Taberner out of your 2nd sentence. When the ball was in his area, he did his job.

Fair comment.

The only adjustment I would make is take Taberner out of your 2nd sentence. When the ball was in his area, he did his job.
He's the best player of that list I think. That list wasn't underachievers today but more players who have played enough footy and have enough talent to be consistent performers even if they aren't world beaters. Given some of the Freo youth are future world beaters (mainly Serong, Brayshaw, Cerra), I expect them to have a solid base of a team with only a fringe of questionable or young guys.

Maybe I'm a little early and they need to recruit a couple more solid veterans and give the kids a bit more time before they reach that level. But I think Conca, Aish and Acres - the less fashionable of Freo's recruits - have been solid.

Have been gifted an easy draw this year and copped a good reality check today.
Some good players on their last legs and majority of youngsters just not good enough.
I disagree freo had an easy draw.

This aint the crows 2012 draw when the crows got GWS and Gold coast twice and a mediocre Port team twice.

Saying that, you summed up freos playing list....

Some good players on their last legs and a majority of the list is youngsters.

I disagree freo had an easy draw.

This aint the crows 2012 draw when the crows got GWS and Gold coast twice and a mediocre Port team twice.

Saying that, you summed up freos playing list....

Some good players on their last legs and a majority of the list is youngsters.

Freo are in a real tough position where they have lost some time line A grade players to other club's (Langdon is really starting to shine for The Dees) and they have trouble luring A graders to their club.

Freo fans need to hang in there and back J-Lo to guide the club going forwards.

Freo are in a real tough position where they have lost some time line A grade players to other club's (Langdon is really starting to shine for The Dees) and they have trouble luring A graders to their club.

Freo fans need to hang in there and back J-Lo to guide the club going forwards.
I wont deny we are in a tough position.

Ed Langdon was a solid B grade player at freo. Yeah He is doing well at the demons but he isnt the only demons player playing well this season. Hogan kicked 4 goals on the weekend. Shame he had injuries at freo. No Animosity towards Brad Hill as he chased the cash.

I dont think its the issue Luring A-graders to the club, we are not going to lure Elite Victorians in their prime here. Only way Freo can have A-graders is to develop them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back